Good for gus

musicitytiger

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, musicitytiger said:

Well, we had a solid page or so related to the topic.  Carry on....

Well, look up the halo effect and the horn effect.  Gus lived under the halo effect for 3-4 years in his tenure as HC for most on the board.  Now the pendulum has swung to the horn effect for most.  When Gus gets more consistent with his coaching ability, he could actually get back to the halo effect.  Carry on....

20 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Well, look up the halo effect and the horn effect.  Gus lived under the halo effect for 3-4 years in his tenure as HC for most on the board.  Now the pendulum has swung to the horn effect for most.  When Gus gets more consistent with his coaching ability, he could actually get back to the halo effect.  Carry on....

Are we talking angels and demons?

1 hour ago, AUDevil said:

Are we talking angels and demons?

Only if a naysayer can become a sunshine pumper and vice versa.

6 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

No doubt he’s inconsistent as hell.  But this thread was just pointing out that he bounced back nicely in the bowl.  

On 12/28/2018 at 2:11 PM, musicitytiger said:

I give him a hard time when things go south.  I should be the first to admit when he’s thriving.  Good for him

we are the bad boys of the sec, it’s beautiful watching gus embrace it

Heh.  This is how the cycle continues.

War Eagle Anyway!

On 12/29/2018 at 9:55 PM, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

2020 OL does not look very promising at all. 

Now I have been telling people this for a while

On 12/31/2018 at 11:01 AM, japantiger said:

Auburn is 2-4 against LSU; 2-5 against Georgia; and 2-4 against Alabama under his leadership (6-13)...(oh, and .500 against Miss St....Miss St for crying out loud)...that's what matters.  Oh, yeah, 2-4 in bowl games...He has replaced his O-coordinator 3 times in 6 years....his choices.  The recruiting story has been good the whole time; Auburn's name attracts great talent...he fails to develop players and simply pick kids that aren't around 2 years later.   This win matters like beating Liberty matters....he's a world beater against bad teams from bad conferences.  

We are out-recruited by the turds; LSU and Thuga every year. Unfortunately there’s only so many Dabos out there. If there is one available, I would be very much in favor of the hire.

So Kirby Smart plays in the weaker SEC East, has the second or third best talent in the country, and he picks up his third loss. I wonder if he's on the hot seat? Lol!

Talk about a coach messing with his coordinator. Kirby didn’t just meddle, he completely took the defense over and still got his rear-end kicked!

3 hours ago, AU-24 said:

So Kirby Smart plays in the weaker SEC East, has the second or third best talent in the country, and he picks up his third loss. I wonder if he's on the hot seat? Lol!

Talk about a coach messing with his coordinator. Kirby didn’t just meddle, he completely took the defense over and still got his rear-end kicked!

I believe his DC took a job as a HC somewhere and wasn’t in NOLA for the game.  He was very animated last night though.

20 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Messing/Meddling with his DC?  Mel Tucker went Colorado weeks ago - it was obvious Mel and his expertise was missed terribly in the game prep leading up to the Sugar Bowl and during the game as well.  Mel's shoes were tough to fill, even for Kirby.

I believe his DC took a job as a HC somewhere and wasn’t in NOLA for the game.  He was very animated last though.

If so, my bad, I didn’t realize that. Was great to see him get in his rear end kicked by a less talented team.

I believe his DC took a job as a HC somewhere and wasn’t in NOLA for the game.  He was very animated last though.

This, Mel wasn't available for game planning or prep for the Sugar Bowl.  

Archived