Great End To Frustrating Season

autigeremt

Feels better than the alternative. Now the hard work begins. 

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

Looked more smooth than willis 

Yes he has too much athletic ability to not have the ball in his hands. Dilly better prove worth it as a QB coach. 

That was definitely therapeutic.  Gatewood and Nix will battle it out IMO.  Cord must be really struggling.  Young Defensive players looked good in the second half.

2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Looked more smooth than willis 

Willis seems to have plateaued.  Gatewood not any worse based on a very small sample size.  We’ll see plenty in Aday

Just going to enjoy this dominating win for the day. The future will have a lot of debating but glad for the domination today.

It's incredibly frustrating to have a game put away at the half and not use the 2nd half to get a potential starter (QB in particular) ready for the next season by letting them execute the entire offense.  This constantly handing the ball off does absolutely nothing to prepare those players for the future.  Run the frickin' offense that you ran in the 1st half regardless of who is taking the snaps.  Frustrating as hell.

This should help with recruiting I would think. The O was impressive. The D played great. Of course Purdue is not that good... but neither were we during the season. 

Just now, WarTiger said:

It's incredibly frustrating to have a game put away at the half and not use the 2nd half to get a potential starter (QB in particular) ready for the next season by letting them execute the entire offense.  This constantly handing the ball off does absolutely nothing to prepare those players for the future.  Run the frickin' offense that you ran in the 1st half regardless of who is taking the snaps.  Frustrating as hell.

I don’t think he wants to put up 80 on them honestly...remember our third string was in the game on the 1 yard line with their first string in there. 

Great first half and a strong defensive performance throughout.

It was very disappointing to see us take the foot off the gas and continue to not develop our quarterback depth.  This is the difference between good and great programs. 

Also, we didn’t use our full allotment of practices for the bowl season. Our players need development and not utilizing our time might not be the best decision.

1 minute ago, Win4AU said:

Willis seems to have plateaued.  Gatewood not any worse based on a very small sample size.  We’ll see plenty in Aday

agree....think willis has maxed out …….just does  not make good decisions with the ball.   As noted, Gatewood sample was small and that was fine....just glad he got in the game a bit.    By the time he was there,  Purdue was whipped and no point,  IMO , to do anything but run the ball and the clock.  

JG will get much more meaningful experience against AU's defense this spring and summer   There were vague comments during the season about a hand injury which maybe is no longer an issue?   

1 minute ago, DAG said:

I don’t think he wants to put up 80 on them honestly...remember our third string was in the game on the 1 yard line with their first string in there. 

I didn't have a problem with that at all, but what about the entire 3rd quarter and even early in the 4th.  Plenty of opportunity to let a backup qb run the entire offense.   We actually tried NOT to score.  Late in the 4th and at the end, I get that, but midway through the 3rd just doesn't make any sense

5 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

I agree. This is a bugaboo that I don’t like at all. 

3 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

True…..other than pleasure of playing the game, there was nothing to gain by letting them play and all it would take was a couple big screw-ups by one of the back-up QBs to ruin the taste of a dominant win...or perhaps even give Purdue some life.     

Gatewood is a lot more explosive and faster than Willis and he has 50 pounds on him. Anyone but Willis is what team I am on. That kid is just not a sec QB at all.

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

Gatewood is a lot more explosive and faster than Willis and he has 50 pounds on him. Anyone but Willis is what team I am on. That kid is just not a sec QB at all.

I am thinking defensive back. 

2 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

Well after stepping on their throats in the first half, going for it on 4th down a few times when you are in FG range, and scoring 56 points - he had to dial it back. I want the other players, especially Gatewood, to get reps with the real offense too... but there is a point where it can come back to bite you.  You want to beat a team soundly. You don't want to humiliate them (unless they are uga or uat). If he continued to run the HUNH and had them slinging it down the field when up by 7 TDs in the 4th, it would not go over well in the coaching circles. 

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

I am thinking defensive back. 

I am thinking transfer to wherever woody went lol. He is to un athletic to be a SEC DB to me. 

5 minutes ago, AU64 said:

agree....think willis has maxed out …….just does  not make good decisions with the ball.   As noted, Gatewood sample was small and that was fine....just glad he got in the game a bit.    By the time he was there,  Purdue was whipped and no point,  IMO , to do anything but run the ball and the clock.  

JG will get much more meaningful experience against AU's defense this spring and summer   There were vague comments during the season about a hand injury which maybe is no longer an issue?   

Can't simulate actual game experience. Apparently it's so important thru ruined a guys eligibility. The first game of next year is going to be going head to head with the top QB in the nation any mistake, pacing, bad read, anything would just help the future. You can bring a guy out of the standsand he's not going to make a 63 point mistake

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

I am thinking transfer to wherever woody went lol. He is to un athletic to be a SEC DB to me. 

Nah. You going too far now.

Archived