Aught's Review: Music City Bowl

AUght2win

Funny, I don't recall scoring 56 in the first half against Memphis, matter of fact I know we didn't because they said it was a record. Just kidding, I know what you meant. I don't consider what I wrote sunshine pumping. I'm just trying to point out that even when Gus and the team do everything well above and beyond the expected, some folks are so sold out on him failing that they can't bring themselves to give him a kudo when he earns one. Instead they are trying to find any nit-picky thing they can to complain about. It's almost as if they wanted him and the team to lose to Purdue just so they could give out another "I told you so" and now they are mad that it didn't work out that way. It's getting somewhat tiresome. Ok, we get it, nothing Gus will ever do will be good enough. We don't need to keep hearing it over and over again. It'd be nice if they gave it a rest. Can't we just enjoy the win and hope next year we show more improvement? If the team doesn't, then Gus will most likely get canned. If they do, then hooray for our team. It's all pretty simple. At any rate all the bitching and moaning is not going to keep Gus from being the coach next year.

And if pointing this out by using facts and observations is sunshine pumping then I guess I'm a sunshine pumper. Or maybe, just maybe, I'm just presenting some positive facts in the hope that some folks will back away from the ledge. Would do them good to realize that if you want folks to listen to you when you point out the negative stuff you might want to point out the positive stuff when there is some too. Otherwise folks will start not reading what they write. I know there are a few posters on here that I just pass over and don't bother to read. Not telling anyone what to do just providing stuff to take with a grain of salt.

Archived