Jamel Dean Declares for the Draft

aujeff11

12 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

I was really hoping he would stay. I wasn't expecting it, but hoping for it... 

The big one is going to be when #5 decides to declare or return. But Dean was the Brown or DeShaun Davis of our DBs. 

Losing Dean is big. Even if Gus gets his mojo back on offense, our defense is going to be a shadow of it's 2018 self. Holding on to Dean, Brown, and Davidson was a huge thing to make our defense respectable in 2019. We just lost one of them. Gus needs to be recruiting the crap out of Davidson and ESPECIALLY Brown if we are to have anything close to resembling our 2018 defense in 2019.

Gus couldn't convince an alcoholic to keep working for a winery. Absolutely absurd how many more guys we always have declare early.

2 minutes ago, auskip07 said:

I wish him the best.  This doesnt hurt as much because of how successful we have been in recruiting ...

On the defensive side of the ball. Recruiting to reload not rebuild.

On 12/29/2018 at 8:54 PM, ClaytonAU said:

Good for him. He deserves it. I’ll always remember him playing against Washington with a freaking cast on.

I will remember him as being one of the biggest and physically imposing corners I have seen . Great kid who did everything AU asked . 

On 12/29/2018 at 9:54 PM, ClaytonAU said:

Good for him. He deserves it. I’ll always remember him playing against Washington with a freaking cast on.

And picking off one of the nations top QB’s with that cast...

2 hours ago, Tiger said:

Also, screw you Urban Meyer

First Cam, then Jamel. While a lot of us think Gus misses evaluating talent at times Urban has missed a few too. 

Hate he's going but he needs to do what's best for him. I'm glad we gave him the opportunity to play and it paid off. War Eagle, JD!

Archived