men vs. North Florida - game thread

WarTiger

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This was exactly what we needed. A game where we win the offensive glass and play good transition defense (except for once or twice). Nice game heading into SEC play. Purifoy looked a little more fresh in the lineup. Still not up to SEC BBall speed, but looks like he’s improving. Bryce hit some threes, Wiley played well, McLemore played well, even Spencer hit a three!! The last one could actually prove to be very important now that he’s hit one in a game. I’ve got a feeling now that he’s seen one go in, he may hit some clutch threes for us down the road at some point, who knows? That’s speculation of course, but tonight was pretty much exactly what we needed to see. Dominating a good passing and shooting team with a new defensive look that we may have to use a lot during SEC play. Good rebounding and pretty good transition D. Let’s keep working! 

I'm hoping now that Spencer finally hit a 3 point shot (1-12 or something) that he just goes back to strong inside play and leaves the outside stuff to the guys who can make a reasonable percentage of them....and that goes for AMac too.    

Meanwhile as note....DP had limited minutes and did not contribute much according to the stat sheet?   How did he look, was he in the flow of the game... and will he be ready for the SEC?  

7 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I'm hoping now that Spencer finally hit a 3 point shot (1-12 or something) that he just goes back to strong inside play and leaves the outside stuff to the guys who can make a reasonable percentage of them....and that goes for AMac too.    

Meanwhile as note....DP had limited minutes and did not contribute much according to the stat sheet?   How did he look, was he in the flow of the game... and will he be ready for the SEC?  

He’s still getting his legs but from my perspective, yes he was more involved and made a few plays. Probably still a few games away. One of these games, we’re gonna see him hit a few shots and introduce himself again 

Missed seeing this game.  But last game he appeared out of shape and lost on the floor.  I’m not sure how either of those are possible if he has been practicing with the team the whole time.

I know it’s only been a few games but I’ll be pleasantly surprised if DP makes much of an impact this season.

Im not a fan of spencer and the 3 ball but CBP wants him to shoot them.  According to rod, Spenser has been working very hard at practice on them and apparently with CBP encouragement.  So expect to see him shoot 1-2 a game.  Let’s just hope it’s at a 1/3 clip and not 1/12

His form is actually pretty nice, a mac's is a bit weird but I don't see the point in trying to get him efficient at it his senior year....

11 hours ago, AU64 said:

Purifoy took a pretty good hit from the basketball to "the boys" after playing a couple minutes in the second half.

He walked off the court somewhat bent over and holding his trinkets. He didn't return. 

6 hours ago, ClarkGriswold said:

Purifoy took a pretty good hit from the basketball to "the boys" after playing a couple minutes in the second half.

He walked off the court somewhat bent over and holding his trinkets. He didn't return. 

His teammates showed him no mercy during that walk. 

i do like how well this group seems to get along from the stars down to the walkons.....looks like good chemistry as far as liking each other....lets hope it continues to improve on the court....it did appear to be improving and may be a season long thing....lots of moving parts to try to make fit, but in a good way ( i hope)

14 hours ago, ClarkGriswold said:

Officially,  I think they call that the, *cough, cough*, lower abdomen.

On 12/30/2018 at 5:40 PM, ClarkGriswold said:

I find it hilarious that Clark Griswold points this out! :laugh:

Archived