article: noah cain on tigerland

aubiefifty

it will not let me copy and paste but he basically said with all the mess at auburn with gus made him change his school from auburn to penn state. this really hacks my lily as our antics allowed a top rb to change his mind and sign with penn st. and he was all set to play at auburn. his words not mine. this is why i get upset when we go overboard with the negative stuff. i have no problem with people being upset. i was as well but i tempered my remarks. and i think the negativity of the fans played into his changing his mind as well.

Boo hoo   :bawling:

Fans' fault again.  What a team we'd have if only the evil graduates and unaffiliated fans would stop keeping Gus down by making 8-5 seem less than stellar.   

It was reported on another site Cain had us no better than 3rd. I believe we are going to be very happy with DJ Williams. 

I think it had more to do with the development of Saquan Barkley and his success in the league than anything AU related. Tip of the hat to Penn State and move along. 

I am in the camp that DJ Williams is a better back than Cain after watching film. If we get MAR on top of that then we have a stellar RB class and no reason to complain.  As to what Cain said in the article well before all the negativity I never heard once we were Cain's first choice a couple if time I heard we were a distant second and other times his third choice. 

As far as all the negativity I tend to agree that at times our fan base goes overboard, when it seems at some point on every recruiting thread there is a Bash Gus thread interjected.  I have no problem with a bash Gus thread in the football thread ( I will do some Gus Bashing myself)  but in the recruiting thread I would love  to see us stay more on topic and talk recruiting. 

9 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Not our top target, anyway? 

Initially he was a top target.

It sucks that bs reports can scare away recruits but it did.

DJ Williams is legit though and would have been a top target had we knew about him sooner. We came out unscathed, if not better on that front.

I mean the kid said it from his mouth it played a role in his decision. It is what it is, and at the end of the day AU will be just fine without him. And I agree I think he was going to PSU regardless anyway.

We'll be okay. I personally like Williams more off the film, nobody knows what will happen in the future but *shrugs shoulders* but if none of that mess that came out about Gus leaving or not I still don't think he was coming to AU.

1 hour ago, NoALtiger said:

I think it had more to do with the development of Saquan Barkley and his success in the league than anything AU related. Tip of the hat to Penn State and move along. 

Not picking a fight but Auburn’s rookie RB looked pretty good on a blah team as well.  My fantasy football team did appreciate Barkley’s production this year.  Will be interesting to see if he or Mayfield come out on top of Rookie of the year.

1 hour ago, PoetTiger said:

I mean the kid said it from his mouth it played a role in his decision. It is what it is, and at the end of the day AU will be just fine without him. And I agree I think he was going to PSU regardless anyway.

The kid said what, exactly played a role in his decision?  

The Stoops story?  The possible contract changes?  Chip leaving?  Strangely, the article doesn't say.  If one takes the AL.COM story at face value, Josh Moon and all those spreading rumors should take any blame.  Don't see any mention of fans' dislike for Gus mentioned in the article.

There was this actual quote, though:

Cain said NFL Rookie of the Year candidate Saquon Barkley’s success during his All-American career at Penn State and for the New York Giants this season influenced his decision to pick the Nittany Lions.

“I’m not going to say Saquon Barkley didn’t have an influence,” Cain said. “It just showed me how great Penn State can be for running backs.”

If we get MAR or Griffin to go along with DJ, then I consider this a fortunate series of events.  I have a feeling Cain will end up being more hype than production.

Penn State running back signee Noah Cain seriously considered Auburn for his college football destination.

But when questions arose regarding Auburn coach Gus Malzahn’s job security after the Iron Bowl loss, followed by offensive coordinator Chip Lindsey’s departure to Kansas and rumors about possible changes to Malzahn’s contract, it prompted Cain to essentially eliminate Auburn.

"I saw that and I just said, 'I can't roll with this,'" Cain said at today's Under Armour All-American Game check-in in Orlando, Florida. "I didn't know what was going on."

here is what he said. and also are some of you serious that the crap that happened did not make recruits waiver or rethink their commitments? i am pretty sure someone posted an article where gus had to do a lot of talking as well as other coaches to keep most of the class intact? it seems like some of you are more interested in trying to make me out a liar than admitting many of those we were recruiting had serious thoughts about going elsewhere. my basic point of recruits being concerned is true. it DID send the wrong message to our recruits.

4 hours ago, AURealist said:

Boo hoo   :bawling:

Fans' fault again.  What a team we'd have if only the evil graduates and unaffiliated fans would stop keeping Gus down by making 8-5 seem less than stellar.   

so i see you can sit on an ice cream cone and tell what flavor it is. good job dood.

thanx for the neg mr downer..............i expected that from you.you have been a downer just about all season............you deserved yours. neg me again and maybe there will be room for some positives from you down the road.

13 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

Penn State running back signee Noah Cain seriously considered Auburn for his college football destination.

But when questions arose regarding Auburn coach Gus Malzahn’s job security after the Iron Bowl loss, followed by offensive coordinator Chip Lindsey’s departure to Kansas and rumors about possible changes to Malzahn’s contract, it prompted Cain to essentially eliminate Auburn.

"I saw that and I just said, 'I can't roll with this,'" Cain said at today's Under Armour All-American Game check-in in Orlando, Florida. "I didn't know what was going on."

here is what he said. and also are some of you serious that the crap that happened did not make recruits waiver or rethink their commitments? i am pretty sure someone posted an article where gus had to do a lot of talking as well as other coaches to keep most of the class intact? it seems like some of you are more interested in trying to make me out a liar than admitting many of those we were recruiting had serious thoughts about going elsewhere. my basic point of recruits being concerned is true. it DID send the wrong message to our recruits.

My issue was with the last line of your post where you threw in your opinion that the fans' negative attitude had something to do with his (and others') decision(s) to go with PSU (and other schools).  If the alleged controversies changed his mind, why try to saddle the fans with the responsibility?  The decision to fire Chip doesn't rest with the fans and the responsibilities for the other stories lie with the folks who made them up, those who disseminated them and those who propagated them.  Your favorite topic, Auburn's bad fanmanship was nowhere to be seen in that article.  

I have no idea what your ice cream cone allusion means.  If I ever find myself in a trailer park, I'll ask around.

4 hours ago, Barnacle said:

Not our top target, anyway? 

Initially but dropped down significantly to around 4 - 6 on the board.

1 hour ago, The Plainsman said:

Changing gears here,  but poor Asa Martin..   does he stick with Miami?  

I would bet that Miami ends up with a better coach than Richt. Hope it works out for all their early commitments.

Archived