article: noah cain on tigerland

aubiefifty

14 hours ago, AURealist said:

My issue was with the last line of your post where you threw in your opinion that the fans' negative attitude had something to do with his (and others') decision(s) to go with PSU (and other schools).  If the alleged controversies changed his mind, why try to saddle the fans with the responsibility?  The decision to fire Chip doesn't rest with the fans and the responsibilities for the other stories lie with the folks who made them up, those who disseminated them and those who propagated them.  Your favorite topic, Auburn's bad fanmanship was nowhere to be seen in that article.  

I have no idea what your ice cream cone allusion means.  If I ever find myself in a trailer park, I'll ask around.

i did not lay all the blame on fans. it was all the click bait rumors about gus that were not true and some of you piled on with glee. be honest with me and admit that it is  a very real possibility the fans did help cloud some recruits minds. others on this board have no problem admitting it. as for your boohoo remark are you going to tell me now you never once amde derogatory remarks about sunshine pumpers and how we love mediocrity etc? about how we really do not love auburn or we would have demanded gus gone. sunshine pumpers was one of the words used all year long. and yes i am pretty sure you did plenty of bashing as well. so it is ok to bash the team but it is not ok when someone that believes different from you is not allowed?  as for the ice cream thing maybe someone will explain it to you.

10 hours ago, James Howell said:

If he was coming to auburn just for the coach I say good riddance to him.  If gus was fired or even taken another job chain would  have been gone also.

that is just plain stupid............

23 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i did not lay all the blame on fans. it was all the click bait rumors about gus that were not true and some of you piled on with glee. be honest with me and admit that it is  a very real possibility the fans did help cloud some recruits minds. others on this board have no problem admitting it. as for your boohoo remark are you going to tell me now you never once amde derogatory remarks about sunshine pumpers and how we love mediocrity etc? about how we really do not love auburn or we would have demanded gus gone. sunshine pumpers was one of the words used all year long. and yes i am pretty sure you did plenty of bashing as well. so it is ok to bash the team but it is not ok when someone that believes different from you is not allowed?  as for the ice cream thing maybe someone will explain it to you.

I did not say you laid all the blame on the fans.  Stop saying I did.  

Fans are not to blame.

This post is 100% you just babbling nonsense.

Are you stoned or something?

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

that is just plain stupid............

It actually isn't. We hear all the time how recruits need to commit to the school, not the coach.

no surprise at all. of course turmoil will have an affect on recruiting. especially with a lame duck offense most of the season. I'd say we did a good job considering

12 hours ago, James Howell said:

If he was coming to auburn just for the coach I say good riddance to him.  If gus was fired or even taken another job chain would  have been gone also.

then you would have said goodbye to pappy as well as a couple of other recruits.

1 hour ago, AURealist said:

I did not say you laid all the blame on the fans.  Stop saying I did.  

Fans are not to blame.

This post is 100% you just babbling nonsense.

Are you stoned or something?

i love the way you throw insults in your replies. i gave you a pass once and threw some humor in which was way over your head. i stand by what i believe as well as a lot of other people on this board. fact. you downers got so bad al.com made a special article about some of y'all. and you think a rival coach is not using fan negativity as well as all the mess over gus etc i do not know what to tell you. i can say some of you got neg types got so bad other board raided aufam and copied many of the negative responses to post on their board to make fun of many of you. that is fact. i read many of them. if you denie what i am saying i will give you the board name and you can go look for yourself. i am not babbling nonsense you just will never admit i am right. maybe ellitor can shed some light on it. anyway you are not listening you are arguing so i will leave you with the last word.

This seems like a kid that is using the media to spin his side of the story if he actually fell on our want list.  I guess everybody does it.

Ok so let's do a rundown:

Auburn finished the regular season last year beating our two biggest rivals. We are almost the first 2 loss team in the playoffs. We then lose to UGA in game 2. Our team is then embarrassed by UCF when they showed up uninterested in the bowl after the letdown that was UGA2.0 

Auburn rightly starts this season with HUGE expectations. We come out of the gate rolling and beat Pac12 champions. After beating a cupcake, we host LSU. The same LSU team that came back from 3 TDs down in the 2nd half last year. We manage to hold the lead until a last second field goal puts LSU on top. LSU becomes the first home loss since September of 2016. Then we play Arkansas. Then Southern Miss. We win both, but we should win both of those games. However even in the 31 point victory over a helpless Arkansas squad, our offense is pure garbage. The offense we saw in the Washington game disappeared. Auburns offense was not to be seen again until the bowl game. We then go on the road and lose to a first year coach at Mississippi State. We score a grand total of 9 points against Moo State. For some reason, our defense allows Nick Fitzgerald to have a career game. We also get word that there has been confusion about Asa Martin's redshirt. Gus says there is a plan for Asa and that  he will contribute on special teams. Then we go back home to face a cross division game against a terrible Tennessee squad with another 1st year coach. A Tennessee squad that hadn't beat Auburn since 1999. Granted we don't play them regularly, we hadn't played them since 2008. But that isn't but the tip of the iceberg. In the previous 28 games on the road vs ranked opponents, Tennessee had won a grand total of 1 time. The last victory vs ranked opponents Tennessee had won was against UGA in 2016. Before that game, the last time they beat a ranked opponent on the road was 2006! Tennessee had also flat out lost the previous 11 SEC games. Tennessee had lost 13 consecutive games against SEC West opponents. But they still manage to beat us...at home... Another loss to a 1st year coach. Back to back actually. Then we beat a terrible Ole Miss team. Then we play Texas A&M. I will have to tip my hat to Gus for pulling this one out. We needed 2 or 3 scores in the last 8 minutes to beat A&M at home for the first time since they joined the conference. It was a season "saving" win. Then we start amen corner and lose by 17 to UGA. Then we blow out Liberty, and Asa sees the field for the first time since Moo State. After blowing out another cupcake, we go on the road and play our biggest rival. We lost by 30... Then things start heating up. Word comes out that Auburn people have been in touch with Bob Stoops. Many in the fan base believe the reports, many don't. Many say that anything on al.com can't be trusted. Especially considering early signing period is right around the corner. Then Stoops denies contact. Suddenly it's ok to believe al.com. Then it's reported Leath leaves a booster in charge of a renegotiation of the contract Gus signed last year. Then many go back to saying no one should believe anything al.com says. Then Asa's mother comes out explaining the redshirt mishap. People then basically call his mother a liar and say, well al.com. Then it's reported Gus didn't renegotiate his contract and its back to believing al.com. We then blow out Purdue in the bowl game, which again, I tip my hat to Gus for being ready for. This IS the same team that beat tOSU by 30... Now a RB that we were never #1 for says that the post season issues caused him to decide to go to Penn State, and well al.com says he said this, so it MUST be true. 

Let's just overlook that we were NEVER #1 for Cain. I sure wanted him, but we were never higher than 2nd or 3rd for him. Let's just overlook the Saquon Barkley effect. Lets overlook botching the redshirt of the former Alabama Mr Football who just happened to also be a top10 RB. You guys can dismiss what Asa's mother said, but I can guarantee you that Cain heard about that and wouldn't dare call Asa's mother a liar. Let's overlook the fact that we rarely use more than one RB if we can help it. 

But the simple fact is we were never #1 for Cain...plain and simple. Penn State, LSU, and likely Texas would of had to tell Cain they were going in another direction for him to fall in our lap. Case in point, Harold Joiner from last cycle. Like Cain, we were never his #1. Like Cain, he wanted to go somewhere else. But unlike Cain, the other places he wanted to go, didnt want him. Joiner was committed to LSU and they simply stopped recruiting him. By the time signing day arrived, Joiner had fallen into our lap. It didn't work out the same for Cain. 

But this constant flip flopping on al.com flabbergasts me. Back and forth al.com only wants to hurt Auburn, SEE IT IS TRUE THAT GUS NEVER RENEGOTIATED HIS CONTRACT AL.COM SAYS SO. Who cares what al.com says, they quoted Asa's mother out of context, we only have one side...al.com is horrible reporting. We should pull their press passes. See all you Negative Nancy's cost us Noah Cain...al.com says so...

You people need to make up your minds about al.com. Either it's a reputable source or it's not. But picking and choosing when it's reputable according to your narrative is dishonesty... At it's core. It's those people who are the worst posters on this site. 

16 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

This seems like a kid that is using the media to spin his side of the story if he actually fell on our want list.  I guess everybody does it.

I think it was a mutual loss of interest, but one thing I'm not sure everyone knows about Cain is he was pretty much the only guy that Gus wanted for most of the cycle. It wasn't until recently that we got serious about pursuing other backs. Gus was Cain or bust until as recently as a couple months ago, if I'm not mistaken. We wanted him more than he wanted us. That did change on our end but it's not like Cain is suddenly pretending he didn't want to come here. He was never serious about coming here. Our garbage offense and the resultant, deserved criticism just gave him a convenient soundbite. 

37 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I think it was a mutual loss of interest, but one thing I'm not sure everyone knows about Cain is he was pretty much the only guy that Gus wanted for most of the cycle. It wasn't until recently that we got serious about pursuing other backs. Gus was Cain or bust until as recently as a couple months ago, if I'm not mistaken. We wanted him more than he wanted us. That did change on our end but it's not like Cain is suddenly pretending he didn't want to come here. He was never serious about coming here. Our garbage offense and the resultant, deserved criticism just gave him a convenient soundbite. 

Thanks for the background information.  The convenient soundbite is exactly what he used as he knew the University would not counter his claim.  No University will do that, so these kids can spin it they way they want, that’s why I don’t put too much stock in what these kids say while they are being recruited.

1 hour ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Ok so let's do a rundown:

Auburn finished the regular season last year beating our two biggest rivals. We are almost the first 2 loss team in the playoffs. We then lose to UGA in game 2. Our team is then embarrassed by UCF when they showed up uninterested in the bowl after the letdown that was UGA2.0 

Auburn rightly starts this season with HUGE expectations. We come out of the gate rolling and beat Pac12 champions. After beating a cupcake, we host LSU. The same LSU team that came back from 3 TDs down in the 2nd half last year. We manage to hold the lead until a last second field goal puts LSU on top. LSU becomes the first home loss since September of 2016. Then we play Arkansas. Then Southern Miss. We win both, but we should win both of those games. However even in the 31 point victory over a helpless Arkansas squad, our offense is pure garbage. The offense we saw in the Washington game disappeared. Auburns offense was not to be seen again until the bowl game. We then go on the road and lose to a first year coach at Mississippi State. We score a grand total of 9 points against Moo State. For some reason, our defense allows Nick Fitzgerald to have a career game. We also get word that there has been confusion about Asa Martin's redshirt. Gus says there is a plan for Asa and that  he will contribute on special teams. Then we go back home to face a cross division game against a terrible Tennessee squad with another 1st year coach. A Tennessee squad that hadn't beat Auburn since 1999. Granted we don't play them regularly, we hadn't played them since 2008. But that isn't but the tip of the iceberg. In the previous 28 games on the road vs ranked opponents, Tennessee had won a grand total of 1 time. The last victory vs ranked opponents Tennessee had won was against UGA in 2016. Before that game, the last time they beat a ranked opponent on the road was 2006! Tennessee had also flat out lost the previous 11 SEC games. Tennessee had lost 13 consecutive games against SEC West opponents. But they still manage to beat us...at home... Another loss to a 1st year coach. Back to back actually. Then we beat a terrible Ole Miss team. Then we play Texas A&M. I will have to tip my hat to Gus for pulling this one out. We needed 2 or 3 scores in the last 8 minutes to beat A&M at home for the first time since they joined the conference. It was a season "saving" win. Then we start amen corner and lose by 17 to UGA. Then we blow out Liberty, and Asa sees the field for the first time since Moo State. After blowing out another cupcake, we go on the road and play our biggest rival. We lost by 30... Then things start heating up. Word comes out that Auburn people have been in touch with Bob Stoops. Many in the fan base believe the reports, many don't. Many say that anything on al.com can't be trusted. Especially considering early signing period is right around the corner. Then Stoops denies contact. Suddenly it's ok to believe al.com. Then it's reported Leath leaves a booster in charge of a renegotiation of the contract Gus signed last year. Then many go back to saying no one should believe anything al.com says. Then Asa's mother comes out explaining the redshirt mishap. People then basically call his mother a liar and say, well al.com. Then it's reported Gus didn't renegotiate his contract and its back to believing al.com. We then blow out Purdue in the bowl game, which again, I tip my hat to Gus for being ready for. This IS the same team that beat tOSU by 30... Now a RB that we were never #1 for says that the post season issues caused him to decide to go to Penn State, and well al.com says he said this, so it MUST be true. 

Let's just overlook that we were NEVER #1 for Cain. I sure wanted him, but we were never higher than 2nd or 3rd for him. Let's just overlook the Saquon Barkley effect. Lets overlook botching the redshirt of the former Alabama Mr Football who just happened to also be a top10 RB. You guys can dismiss what Asa's mother said, but I can guarantee you that Cain heard about that and wouldn't dare call Asa's mother a liar. Let's overlook the fact that we rarely use more than one RB if we can help it. 

But the simple fact is we were never #1 for Cain...plain and simple. Penn State, LSU, and likely Texas would of had to tell Cain they were going in another direction for him to fall in our lap. Case in point, Harold Joiner from last cycle. Like Cain, we were never his #1. Like Cain, he wanted to go somewhere else. But unlike Cain, the other places he wanted to go, didnt want him. Joiner was committed to LSU and they simply stopped recruiting him. By the time signing day arrived, Joiner had fallen into our lap. It didn't work out the same for Cain. 

But this constant flip flopping on al.com flabbergasts me. Back and forth al.com only wants to hurt Auburn, SEE IT IS TRUE THAT GUS NEVER RENEGOTIATED HIS CONTRACT AL.COM SAYS SO. Who cares what al.com says, they quoted Asa's mother out of context, we only have one side...al.com is horrible reporting. We should pull their press passes. See all you Negative Nancy's cost us Noah Cain...al.com says so...

You people need to make up your minds about al.com. Either it's a reputable source or it's not. But picking and choosing when it's reputable according to your narrative is dishonesty... At it's core. It's those people who are the worst posters on this site. 

the sad fact is al.com post more auburn stuff than anyone else. yes i have seen attack pieces and i have seen good articles. and for the record i believe was originally posted by Mobile Press-Register and i assume al.com just picked it up. my point is if we refused to post any news by different news outlets auburn fans did not like or approve of very very little would get published on this site. also when i post articles i try to post what i think most fans would want to read. al.com can be a nightmare with all their adds so i finally got ad blocker and now they pop up things telling me to turn my ad blocker off.............lol. as someone who refuses to pay for tidbits of news concerning auburn i just get the news where i can.

Can't we all just get along? Can't I have a respectful difference of opinion with someone without calling them a smarta$$ or referring to a trailer park?

I pick and choose in an article about what I choose to believe. Few articles are 100% correct or 100% wrong, but I do take into account the writer's motivation, and who may be feeding him 'scoops' and for what purpose.  We have few friends at AL.com, but it doesn't mean all their stuff is garbage. Gus isn't exactly a bastion of pure honesty when he speaks to local or national media either.

There was allot of angst after the UaT game, and the administration including Leath and Green did little to squelch it.

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

the sad fact is al.com post more auburn stuff than anyone else. yes i have seen attack pieces and i have seen good articles. and for the record i believe was originally posted by Mobile Press-Register and i assume al.com just picked it up. my point is if we refused to post any news by different news outlets auburn fans did not like or approve of very very little would get published on this site. also when i post articles i try to post what i think most fans would want to read. al.com can be a nightmare with all their adds so i finally got ad blocker and now they pop up things telling me to turn my ad blocker off.............lol. as someone who refuses to pay for tidbits of news concerning auburn i just get the news where i can.

@aubiefifty

Mobile Press Register is owned by Alabama Media Group, who owns AL dot com

6 hours ago, API said:

Can't I have a respectful difference of opinion with someone without calling them a smarta$$ or referring to a trailer park?

That's really up to you isn't it? 😉

:poke:

7 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

Fifty that wasn't directed at you. It is just a head scratcher how it's back and forth don't believe al.com, see it's true it's on al.com, who believes anything al.com says, well it says this or that online heres the article with an al.com link.

Seriously it wasn't about you. That was about something someone had said. 

I really appreciate you posting the articles. So it really wasn't a knock on you in the slightest.

Might be bad but all the info putout was true. Gus might lie about it or deflect it off but it was all a fact. Maybe Gus will use the close call to change his attitude. I seriously doubt it though. He always changes for a few games but just can’t help himself eventually he will reverse his course. As I said it would be good if he coaches the offense or maybe if he just HCs but when he starts to try to do both he will fail. JMHO

11 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Fifty that wasn't directed at you. It is just a head scratcher how it's back and forth don't believe al.com, see it's true it's on al.com, who believes anything al.com says, well it says this or that online heres the article with an al.com link.

Seriously it wasn't about you. That was about something someone had said. 

I really appreciate you posting the articles. So it really wasn't a knock on you in the slightest.

to be honest i am an old geezer that had no clue about al.com until i got in this group. i also never knew the mobile press was owned until pointed out yesterday/ eugene i have absolutely no ill will towards you. i think sometimes we are like brothers fighting like crazy but at the end of the day it is not personal and we all want the same thing ultimately. well ok sometimes it might get personal for a few minutes. but other than a dust up here and there i wish no one any ill will at all. have a great day brother.............

21 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i love the way you throw insults in your replies. i gave you a pass once and threw some humor in which was way over your head. i stand by what i believe as well as a lot of other people on this board. fact. you downers got so bad al.com made a special article about some of y'all. and you think a rival coach is not using fan negativity as well as all the mess over gus etc i do not know what to tell you. i can say some of you got neg types got so bad other board raided aufam and copied many of the negative responses to post on their board to make fun of many of you. that is fact. i read many of them. if you denie what i am saying i will give you the board name and you can go look for yourself. i am not babbling nonsense you just will never admit i am right. maybe ellitor can shed some light on it. anyway you are not listening you are arguing so i will leave you with the last word.

I guess a previous point I made was a bit subtle for you.  Let's try again:

You post a lot of  anti-Auburn rumor articles from AL.com along with your personal opinions on the articles.  

People react to them honestly.

Those fan posts are quoted elsewhere.

Who,  if anyone, is to blame for posts being used for any negative recruiting?   

I feel no ill will toward you.  We just disagree.

1 minute ago, AURealist said:

I guess a previous point I made was a bit subtle for you.  Let's try again:

You post a lot of  anti-Auburn rumor articles from AL.com along with your personal opinions on the articles.  

People react to them honestly.

Those fan posts are quoted elsewhere.

Who,  if anyone, is to blame for posts being used for any negative recruiting?   

I feel no ill will toward you.  We just disagree.

i have none towards you as well realist. i did not go to bed last night hoping you kicked or anything.we want the same things just by different means. my love auburn goes way deeper than i can explain other than my dad playing on the frosh team in the early fifties. i am sure we might spar more down the road but i wish you the absolute best for the new year.

Archived