Manny Diaz to be new Miami HC

aujeff11

Hoping Diz can pull Coley away from UGa and back to Miami.  I don't think the Dawgs success on offense is entirely on Chaney...the re-assigning of roles in Athens tells me the secrect sauce is not the official OC.  Canes desperately need a good QB coach and it's looking like Larry Fedora may get the OC position at the U.

1 minute ago, JMassie11 said:

Good hire given the situation but I think they hire someone else next season. 

No chance.

Diaz immediately dimissed the entire offensive staff and retained the entire defensive staff.  Some semblance of continuity was obviously deeply desired for UM to bring back Manny the way they did.  Blake James certainly felt the defense and Diaz were in good shape.  Unless they can get Jimmy Johnson to come back they're not going to trash a five year contract with Diaz a year later.

On 12/31/2018 at 11:56 PM, cctiger said:

Diaz is letting the whole O staff go. Which means OL coach Stacy Searels is available. I think he would be a good replacement for Grimes. 

Searels has the best resume of offensive coaches let go. I say try to hire him as an analyst if not the OL coach.

Gus Felder, the strength and conditioning coach, was also let go.

56 minutes ago, meh130 said:

Searels has the best resume of offensive coaches let go. I say try to hire him as an analyst if not the OL coach.

Gus Felder, the strength and conditioning coach, was also let go.

Yes, Gus needs a new S&C coach definitely. As well as a new OL coach. Searels would be a very good addition to Gus's staff IMHO recruiting and coaching wise.

On 12/31/2018 at 11:56 PM, cctiger said:

Diaz is letting the whole O staff go. Which means OL coach Stacy Searels is available. I think he would be a good replacement for Grimes. 

Wow...those were fellow coaches while he was there...must have seen a really unhappy coaching staff which I guess explains the turmoil.

Reading some harsh commentary on this hire on some sports sites....predictions for more problems and an early out for Manny.  :dunno:

Been at 8 schools in about 20 years if you count Temple....and none as the HC.   Big risk for the Miami AD.

19 hours ago, AU64 said:

Reading some harsh commentary on this hire on some sports sites....predictions for more problems and an early out for Manny.  :dunno:

Been at 8 schools in about 20 years if you count Temple....and none as the HC.   Big risk for the Miami AD.

To the bolded part; if you count Temple, then he was a head coach for two weeks.  It’s either 7 schools in 20 years and none as HC or 8 in 20 with a two week stint as HC.

7 hours ago, alexava said:

I have never seen him as a great hire even as DC. We’ll see. 

I agree.  I think this hire is at least a fifty-fifty shot at being a bust.  

Archived