Warren is in

RunInRed

13 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Do you think President Trump will run again?

You didn't ask me, but I think that depends on how 2019 falls out in general with a Democratic house and the Mueller investigation in particular.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, homersapien said:

I am supporting your position DA. 

You've got issues man.:moon:

You are not supporting anyone's issues with your Crazy AF accusations. Just make your normal totally unsubstantiated Crazy AF claims (like I am a Trumpster) and move on like you normally do. 

1 minute ago, DKW 86 said:

You are not supporting anyone's issues with your Crazy AF accusations. Just make your normal totally unsubstantiated Crazy AF claims (like I am a Trumpster) and move on like you normally do. 

He evaded my question by comparing her to the only other women politically active at the presidential level - without any more reasoning that she is also female.    Duuuuuuuh!

If you can't keep up, just ignore me.  Please.

Just now, homersapien said:

He evaded my question by comparing her to the only other women politically active at the presidential level - without any more reasoning that she is also female.    Duuuuuuuh!

If you can't keep up, just ignore me.  Please.

He never said that...NEVER. It is all in the wasteland of your mind....

I could see Warren helping a ticket with possibly Beto/Biden. I just don't think she could carry the nomination.  

I'm more curious to see who fleshes out in the rest of the race. 

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

I like Warren very, very much, and would vote for her without hesitation.

But I am also concerned how a contest between her and Trump would shape up.  I'd like to at least see her as a VP candidate.

She would certainly have to work to earn my vote (though I will refuse to vote Trump).  My biggest concern with her on a national scale is that she's too far left.  This race is primed for an Obama-esque candidate that can unite people behind him/her.  I don't think Warren has that capability.

10 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

She would certainly have to work to earn my vote (though I will refuse to vote Trump).  My biggest concern with her on a national scale is that she's too far left.  This race is primed for an Obama-esque candidate that can unite people behind him/her.  I don't think Warren has that capability.

Not to be pushy, but can you cite a position or two of hers that is "too far left"?

She strikes me as being for the common 'man' vs. the powerful, moneyed interests.  That's her history.

1 hour ago, DKW 86 said:

He never said that...NEVER. It is all in the wasteland of your mind....

Of course he didn't say it.Evasion - by definition - is the avoidance of saying something.  I described what he did say regardless. 

You either have a second rate intellect or you are consumed with antipathy toward me.  Either way - like I said - if you can't keep up, do yourself a favor and just ignore me.

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

So you don't think the women who raised you are dangerous.  And you don't think the women who are subordinated to you are dangerous.  Got it.

But if one became POTUS, would they become dangerous? 

So what makes Elizabeth Warren dangerous while these women aren't?

Warren’s and HRC gender has nothing to do with it. I would vote for Condi Rice, Nikki Haley or Michele Bachmann in a heartbeat.

I work for a board of directors that is usually 33-40% female, so the fact someone is a female has no bearing. Females bring a different perspective, are better long range thinkers , more caring and see the “big picture” more so than most men.

Not to be pushy, but can you cite a position or two of hers that is "too far left"?

She strikes me as being for the common 'man' vs. the powerful, moneyed interests.  That's her history.

Growing support from her regarding school choice/vouchers.  Growing the minimum wage at too fast of a clip (I agree it needs to go up, but she's argued for as high as $22 an hour).  Past anti-gambling stance would really hurt her in Nevada and among those of us who enjoy playing craps or laying a bet down on a game.  Trade policy that is actually more similar to Trump's than most would believe should scare some voters.  Calling out Israel for some actions against Palestinians (even though she may be right, it won't look good).  Support for single payer health care.

Let me make this clear.  I actually support a few of these positions, but I don't think they help in a general election.

1 hour ago, PUB78 said:

Warren’s and HRC gender has nothing to do with it. I would vote for Condi Rice, Nikki Haley or Michele Bachmann in a heartbeat.

I work for a board of directors that is usually 33-40% female, so the fact someone is a female has no bearing. Females bring a different perspective, are better long range thinkers , more caring and see the “big picture” more so than most men.

I agree.

We have much, much fewer women in engineering, particularly mechanical.  Some of the ones I've worked with are well organized and have a strength in project planning as opposed to males, but it is much too small a sample size for an adequate comparison.  

Looks like Bloomberg wants to throw his hat in the ring for 2020, but I can't imagine he would have much of a shot. Maybe he could choose Moonbeam as his running mate.  ;)

3 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

What's "AF"? :dunno:

I support Warren.  I can only assume you support her as well considering the footnote or signature on your avatar or whatever it's called.

You need to work on your emotional stability.

5 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Growing support from her regarding school choice/vouchers.  This is certainly not liberal or left wing, just the opposite.

Growing the minimum wage at too fast of a clip (I agree it needs to go up, but she's argued for as high as $22 an hour).  This is not realistic.  It sounds like an opening marker for the debate. Certainly not something she would stick to (like Trump's "wall")

Past anti-gambling stance would really hurt her in Nevada and among those of us who enjoy playing craps or laying a bet down on a game.  I wasn't aware of this, but again, it doesn't sound like the sort of thing she would rely on as a campaign issue.

Trade policy that is actually more similar to Trump's than most would believe should scare some voters.  Well, we'd have to get into the specifics on this. Frankly, there are theoretical aspects of trade policy - I hesitate to say they are a part of Trump's policy because I don't think he sees it this way - regarding wage equity and regulations, both in labor and especially environmental policy, that need to be addressed in our trade policy in order to support or benefit American workers. Actually, that is a traditional Democratic position.

Calling out Israel for some actions against Palestinians (even though she may be right, it won't look good).  I think she is absolutely right on this.  Israel is their own worst enemy. The reason for Hamas support in Gaza (for example) is the lack of Palestinian hope. Gaza is about to become untenable for life with little or no electricity or clean water.  If you don't provide hope you will generate more hate and resentment.  And the harder you make it for the Palestinian, the more hate and terrorism you will generate.It's a catch 22. Israel is becoming an apartheid state.  There's no long term peace in that.

Support for single payer health care. This is where the country needs to go.  I have as no problem with our next president recognizing that as an ultimate goal.  If other countries can do this, we can.  And many of those countries have healthcare systems that are statistically superior to ours.

Let me make this clear.  I actually support a few of these positions, but I don't think they help in a general election.  That largely depends on how they are presented. For example, you don't address the minimum wage issue with a firm target, nor do you present single payer healthcare as a urgent mandate.  I think - or at least hope - the American people will be so sick of the Trump chaos - which is only going to get worse - it would take only a truly radical radical candidate to prevent them from voting a change. Elizabeth Warren is certainly not that radical.  But I may be overestimating the voting public.

Thanks for a thoughtful response.

55 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

I agree.

We have much, much fewer women in engineering, particularly mechanical.  Some of the ones I've worked with are well organized and have a strength in project planning as opposed to males, but it is too such a small sample size for an adequate comparison.  

Looks like Bloomberg wants to throw his hat in the ring for 2020, but I can't imagine he would have much of a shot. Maybe he could choose Moonbeam as his running mate.  ;)

Funny, I also like Bloomberg and "Moonbeam".  ;D

1 hour ago, PUB78 said:

My point was you didn't offer anything other than the obvious fact Warren and Hillary are women.   Nothing.

I see participation on this form partly as a contest of wits - give a glib response, get a glib response.  Obviously not everyone approaches the forum that way.  To each his own.

Michelle Bachman ??!  :puke:

What's "AF"? :dunno:

I support Warren.  I can only assume you support her as well considering the footnote or signature on your avatar or whatever it's called.

You need to work on your emotional stability.

AF is “As F***”

3 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Growing support from her regarding school choice/vouchers.  Growing the minimum wage at too fast of a clip (I agree it needs to go up, but she's argued for as high as $22 an hour).  Past anti-gambling stance would really hurt her in Nevada and among those of us who enjoy playing craps or laying a bet down on a game.  Trade policy that is actually more similar to Trump's than most would believe should scare some voters.  Calling out Israel for some actions against Palestinians (even though she may be right, it won't look good).  Support for single payer health care.

Let me make this clear.  I actually support a few of these positions, but I don't think they help in a general election.

Don't forget her saying to abolish ICE. I doubt that will play well in the general.

1 hour ago, Auburnfan91 said:

Don't forget her saying to abolish ICE. I doubt that will play well in the general.

Is ICE a separate organization from border security or are the they same thing?

8 hours ago, homersapien said:

You didn't ask me, but I think that depends on how 2019 falls out in general with a Democratic house and the Mueller investigation in particular.

We know exactly what the Democratic house will do. Doubt that the Mueller deal with come home with anything. 

Just curious about Trumps desires. SOB acts like enjoys this nonsense 

7 hours ago, homersapien said:

Of course he didn't say it. Evasion - by definition - is the avoidance of saying something.  I described what he did say regardless. 

You either have a second rate intellect or you are consumed with antipathy toward me.  Either way - like I said - if you can't keep up, do yourself a favor and just ignore me.

You mean like when I read between the lines when you were definitively talking about Trump being Impeached for Collusion?

homey, I did the same thing when you were talking about Trump being impeached for Collusion. We all knew what you were talking about, even though, just like the poster you quoted here, didnt say it word for word. We all knew what you were plainly saying...

Image result for rational thought avoids you

7 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

We know exactly what the Democratic house will do. Doubt that the Mueller deal with come home with anything. 

Just curious about Trumps desires. SOB acts like enjoys this nonsense 

Do I really need to recite the indictments Mueller has already logged? :rolleyes:

And what do you suppose kept Trump from releasing his tax filings?  (I imagine Mueller knows.)  But, we'll all have to wait.

Would you like to bet me that Trump won't challenge the public release of Mueller's report?

9 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

You mean like when I read between the lines when you were definitively talking about Trump being Impeached for Collusion?

Dude,  that's pathetic.  :no:

Is that as close as you can get that I didn't actually say it ?

Classic.  :laugh:

7 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Would you like to bet me that Trump won't challenge the public release of Mueller's report?

I am not a betting man and sure President Trump will challenge a public release.   

Archived