All Star Games Thread

ellitor

On 1/3/2019 at 7:28 PM, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Ole Miss getting a player in this Ealy kid. Love his running style. 

Not if MLB gets him.

On 1/3/2019 at 8:24 PM, Gene Loblaw said:

=Pappoe should’ve pick sixed him on a really bad throw/decision. 

How does one pick six an INT in high school or college when they dove to try to catch the ball. It's not the NFL where you have to be touched down. Had Owen made the pick. He would have been down where he landed.

20 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Still a High school quarterback. Plenty of potential.

And per everyone there he was by far the best & most college ready QB all week. Most people involved with those events says the practices are much more telling than the games FWIW.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Have to say I didn't watch one second of the game. You can't take one thing you saw in that game and apply it to what's going to happen when these kids get on campus. 

Sean White reluctantly agrees.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, fredst said:

I remember thinking that Kris Frost was going to be our best LB since Takeo Spikes after watching him in the all star game that year, lol.

And I was the Hype Man for Sean White after his game. Boy did I...

source.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

18 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Frost did develope nicely but it took him quite some time to adapt if I remember but his last year he was a pretty good LB

Never reached his potential though FWIW as it relates to his rating as a recruit.

10 hours ago, fredst said:

This was Frost ESPN profile as a prospect. At times during his recruiting he alluded to playing WR but I don’t think we ever seriously considered him for that. Maybe why he was never the physical presence he could have been at LB....

Frost is a good looking prospect on the hoof that has played as a safety, wide receiver and hybrid linebacker close to the box and this is where we feel he is best suited at the next level. Is tall and rangy with good bulk and strength and the frame

It was his mindset more than anything. He didn't have the mindset to be physical and that was a very big reason for his struggles as a LB.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

No reason to beat yourself up.  None of us know what's in a 18 year old's head or heart.  When a kid leaves home for college and is on their own for the first time they are faced with making the decisions mom and dad always made.  Who knows whether they can make good decisions.  SW had an opportunity and missed it, and nobody other than those in his immediate sphere knew what he would do.   Even his parents probably didn't know since we all look at our kids through rose colored glasses.  There is no measurable for what's in a kid's head and SW would have dropped a few stars if there were.  Here's hoping the Nix's have taught Bo the real life education he's going to need starting next week.

Edited by saminbama
correction
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, saminbama said:

No reason to beat yourself up.  None of us know what's in a 18 year old's head or heart.  When a kid leaves home for college and is on their own for the first time they are faced with making the decisions mom and dad always made.  Who knows whether they can make good decisions.  SW had an opportunity and missed it, and nobody other than those in his immediate sphere knew what he would do.   Even his parents probably didn't know since we all look at our kids through rose colored glasses.  There is no measurable for what's in a kid's head and SW would have dropped a few stars if there were.  Here's hoping the Nix's have taught Bo the real life education he's going to need starting next week.

I met Bo’s dad, Patrick, at a Christian Men’s Conference last year and if Bo is half the man his dad is he’ll be alright! Bo was definitely raised right and what he does with it is the key, as with all kids raised in that kind of home.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

Sean White had great potential but couldn’t keep his head on straight. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, saminbama said:

No reason to beat yourself up.

I wasn't. My post & GIF were intended to be seen as humorous on the whiff.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, DonDraper said:

When do the sites normally update the recruiting rankings? 

Last half to last 10 days of January.

• Like 1

On 1/5/2019 at 11:11 AM, ClaytonAU said:

Sean White had great potential but couldn’t keep his head on straight. 

Yup. He was a very talented QB. Oh well. 

On 1/5/2019 at 4:51 AM, ellitor said:

@Linayus FWIW most of the rankings are based on pro potential, not college potential. Owen is still a 5* by ESPN, 247, & the composite FWIW. What Rivals is saying is at the size Owen has remained the past 3 or so years they don't project him to be a 1st round pick now as an LB when he goes pro. I don't agree with the sites making ranking heavily on pro potential but with that being the standard, it's a fair opinion of them to think he will not be a 1st round LB pick at his size.

I honestly did not know that. Thanks!

• Like 1