CTE

Farmer Brown

I have been reading about this disease lately. It seems to have a lot of traction. I believe that it may eventually be the death of modern football as we now know it. As much as I like the sport, I really can't blame them, . I noticed that many former Auburn players are on the list of those who suffer from it, Karsten Bailey being one of them. It is a very controversial subject. What do you all think about it? I have a relative who only played high school ball, but suffered several hits where he sustained concussion like symptoms. He is now showing some mental issues. What else could be done to help, in your opinion, besides the new targeting rules, etc.?

I agree with you.  The reality of CTE due to collisions in football will increasingly resonate with mothers of young children.  And the vast majority of those mothers will steer their children toward soccer over football.  And I think football might not exist come 2100.

1 hour ago, KolchakAU85 said:

I agree with you.  The reality of CTE due to collisions in football will increasingly resonate with mothers of young children.  And the vast majority of those mothers will steer their children toward soccer over football.  And I think football might not exist come 2100.

My son played 3 years of Rec ball and after one year of middle school ball has decided to give it up. I didn’t push him either way but am glad he made the decision. For this reason mostly. 

I’d bet football turns into flag football before the turn of the century. We’re a couple CTE related deaths from the higher ups reevaluating the sport. JMO.

Archived