An underrated game next year

AUght2win

Kent State! Yes, Kent State. Many of you may not realize, but that is where Woody Barrett landed after leaving Auburn. He started all of last season for the Golden Flashes, and accounted for nearly 3000 total yards and 18 TDs. He looked like a solid QB. 

This game could be a trap game because we travel to Texas A&M the following week. You know Woody will try to play the game of his life against us, too. I have posted some highlights from a game against Illinois. It'll be sort've surreal to see Auburn take on a QB that probably would be the starter if he had stayed. 

8663590.jpg

8 minutes ago, AUwent said:

I thought WB was a project? 🙄

He also did transfer to Kent State after his JUCO stint.  Lower competition where it is easier to put up numbers.

44 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

He also did transfer to Kent State after his JUCO stint.  Lower competition where it is easier to put up numbers.

You literally just proved my point: there is ZERO excuse for this to be a competitive game.

No way we lose to Kent St unless we are just really bad like in 2015.

No offense to the OP but it is Woody and it is Kent state against an Illini team that almost lost to USF (yeah that USF team that was bad)...I don't think Woody would have started here and that clip shows why....good runner bad thrower...

58 minutes ago, AUwent said:

You literally just proved my point: there is ZERO excuse for this to be a competitive game.

Oh I must have misread your post.  I thought you meant that since we thought that WB was a project that he shouldn’t be succeeding so much.  My apologies. 

2 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Oh I must have misread your post.  I thought you meant that since we thought that WB was a project that he shouldn’t be succeeding so much.  My apologies. 

JMO but succeeding modestly at a lower level of competition.  Made a good decision to leave when he did and protected his eligibility and found a place where he can enjoy the game with playing time. 

1 hour ago, AUwent said:

That doesn't mean it won't be competitive. It took an absolute miracle to beat Jacksonville State a couple years ago.

For the record, not saying it'll be competitive. Purely interesting based on the storylines. Just from watching Woody's mechanics, he has come a long way too.

1 hour ago, AUght2win said:

That doesn't mean it won't be competitive. It took an absolute miracle to beat Jacksonville State a couple years ago.

Right on, straight up. Any given Saturday...anything at all can happen, no matter the team.  Every game should have traces of confident humility attached...players to coaches to fans. Our record proves this.

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Yeah right . Completely disagree.

Again, not saying it will happen because it's like predicting an earthquake, but if you think it is out of the realm of possibility that Auburn will be challenged by a weak OOC team, you must have just started following us this year.

Auburn looses to Kent State next year and Gus will be fired before he can get out of the stadium, if he can get out on his own. 

rail.png

2 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Again, not saying it will happen because it's like predicting an earthquake, but if you think it is out of the realm of possibility that Auburn will be challenged by a weak OOC team, you must have just started following us this year.

Being challenged and a game being considered a trap game is completely different meanings. I doubt we will be overlooking anybody next year as this team probably won’t even be top 15 next year and have a lot of question marks. I follow enough football to know the difference between the meaning of a “trap” game and a team who can possibly pose a challenge. And I am of the believe that this 2-10 Kent state team will pose neither, as I think this team will surprise a lot of folks.

Also I follow enough Auburn football to know that for some odd reason when we aren’t expected to do much, we go on a tear. I would bet on that happening before Kent State challenging us for a whole 60 minutes of football. But then again, Clearly you know more about Auburn football than me.

51 minutes ago, DAG said:

Being challenged and a game being considered a trap game is completely different meanings. I doubt we will be overlooking anybody next year as this team probably won’t even be top 15 next year and have a lot of question marks. I follow enough football to know the difference between the meaning of a “trap” game and a team who can possibly pose a challenge. And I am of the believe that this 2-10 Kent state team will pose neither, as I think this team will surprise a lot of folks.

Also I follow enough Auburn football to know that for some odd reason when we aren’t expected to do much, we go on a tear. I would bet on that happening before Kent State challenging us for a whole 48 minutes of football. But then again, Clearly you know more about Auburn football than me.

Well. I do know that most of our games are 60 minutes in length.

Also here is woody Barrett’s full stats so we can see what we are up against 

58.7 QB completion rating 

11 tds - 9 interceptions

2339 total passing yards.

539 yards total rushing yards/3.09 per average 

7 total rushing TDS 

12 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Oops you got me. Point still remains though.

Other than Kent 😁 I’d say Miss State, Arkansas, and Ole Miss have the possibility to be sneaky games.  Miss State is sandwiched between away games at TaMu and Florida but is at home.  Arkansas on the road after Florida and before LSU.  Luckily Arkansas comes after a bye week.  Ole Miss is at home but between LSU on the road and UGA at home.  Bye week after Ole Miss hopefully will keep Auburn focused on that game and not looking ahead.  

13 hours ago, AU_Tiger_88 said:

No offense to the OP but it is Woody and it is Kent state against an Illini team that almost lost to USF (yeah that USF team that was bad)...I don't think Woody would have started here and that clip shows why....good runner bad thrower...

...sounds like a healthy portion of our current QB roster. 

14 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Then why does it feel like it takes 3-1/2 to 4 hours to watch?

:beer2:

28 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Then why does it feel like it takes 3-1/2 to 4 hours to watch?

:beer2:

And only something like 11 minutes of actual action on the field. When I think of it like that it's hard to understand how players get worn down in the 4th. 

Archived