An underrated game next year

AUght2win

6 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Lord, help us all if this game is even marginally close. 

This board keeps bouncing between "we'll got 5-7 if we're lucky" and "we'll easily get 10 wins". Personally, I think we will be better next year. But it is another rough schedule. I really do doubt we'll play our best game the week before TAMU, and I really DON'T doubt that Woody will have a great game. That said, Auburn 38-17.

Just now, AUght2win said:

This board keeps bouncing between "we'll got 5-7 if we're lucky" and "we'll easily get 10 wins"

The schedule is pretty tough so I don’t even know. I am about 95% sure with a + and - of 1 percent that we will finish between 5 and 10 wins though. 

2 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Has Auburn ever faced a transfer who was a major prospect/player? I can't think of it. Specifically not at QB. 

Trevor Knight maybe 

12 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Has Auburn ever faced a transfer who was a major prospect/player? I can't think of it. Specifically not at QB. 

Baker Mayfield. 

Edit: You might mean one of our own. If so, I don't know of one. 

41 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Probably not....in fact it's pretty rare that our transfers end up playing at schools who would be on our schedule...and can't think of any who left AU and came back to play in JHS....maybe someone on the Jax State team perhaps.  

JMO but hope WB gets a warm welcome from the fans.  He was one of us and left without rancor and on good terms far as I know.   But after the nice welcome, the team should go out there and do a number on him and his offense. 

Meanwhile I see we play Tulane.   It's probably been in the early 1960s since we played them last.  I saw AU play them in Mobile I think it was .    How many people on this board recall when they were in the SEC?  ..or know that they have won 3 SEC football championships? 

7 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Probably not....in fact it's pretty rare that our transfers end up playing at schools who would be on our schedule...and can't think of any who left AU and came back to play in JHS....maybe someone on the Jax State team perhaps.  

JMO but hope WB gets a warm welcome from the fans.  He was one of us and left without rancor and on good terms far as I know.   But after the nice welcome, the team should go out there and do a number on him and his offense. 

Meanwhile I see we play Tulane.   It's probably been in the early 1960s since we played them last.  I saw AU play them in Mobile I think it was .    How many people on this board recall when they were in the SEC?  ..or know that they have won 3 SEC football championships? 

We played them in 2006.

But I will add, who would think Tulane leads the all time series between us and them? They do.

Screenshot_20190102-141753.png

2 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

We played them in 2006.

But I will add, who would think Tulane leads the all time series between us and them? They do.

Thanks...had forgotten that.  ...

I saw the games in Mobile as a Boy Scout...got to attend free if we could direct people to their seats before the game started.  Best deal I ever had....went to some good games from 52-57 including Senior Bowl games......the good old days...:)

On 1/1/2019 at 4:18 PM, ChltteTiger said:

No way we lose to Kent St unless we are just really bad like in 2015.

We lose to Kent St. No way Gus sees Texas A&M.

1 hour ago, wde1968 said:

We lose to Kent St. No way Gus sees Texas A&M.

We lose to Kent State and Gus gets the Ned Stark** treatment at the post game presser.

**Game of Thrones reference.

Interesting story.

But remember he transferred because he couldn't hit the broadside of a barn...

Underrated games next year will be Miss St, Arkansas and Texas A&M because Auburn fans expect us to win those. 

15 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

Interesting story.

But remember he transferred because he couldn't hit the broadside of a barn...

Underrated games next year will be Miss St, Arkansas and Texas A&M because Auburn fans expect us to win those. 

Arkansas has a dang good recruiting class coming in. Be interesting to see what coach Morris will do with his players 

20 minutes ago, DAG said:

Arkansas has a dang good recruiting class coming in. Be interesting to see what coach Morris will do with his players 

They will be a tough out in about 2-3 years.

On 1/1/2019 at 4:49 PM, AU_Tiger_88 said:

No offense to the OP but it is Woody and it is Kent state against an Illini team that almost lost to USF (yeah that USF team that was bad)...I don't think Woody would have started here and that clip shows why....good runner bad thrower...

Exactly. Would be no different than playing against Keihl Frazier. 

16 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

Who’s expecting to beat A&M? They return Mond. We return Willis / Gatewood / Sandberg + Nix. 

6 hours ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

Who’s expecting to beat A&M? They return Mond. We return Willis / Gatewood / Sandberg + Nix. 

Just wait.. When fans get a glimpse of the spring game...

Archived