remaining 9 or so slots to fill

doc4aday

After we sign Pickens, and I feel like he will sign with us, who do we want to fill the remaining slots?  I would love to see us sign at least 2-3 more OLs, but if we go after grad transfers it could be a few months before this is determined. Here is my guess and it is only a semi-educated guess on numbers to fill.

2-3 OL

1 RB

1 WR

2-3  LB

1 ?

There are several names out there that I cannot remember off of the top of my head, so feel free to add names and positions for who you would like for us to finish up with.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

After we sign Pickens, and I feel like he will sign with us, who do we want to fill the remaining slots?  I would love to see us sign at least 2-3 more OLs, but if we go after grad transfers it could be a few months before this is determined. Here is my guess and it is only a semi-educated guess on numbers to fill.

2-3 OL

1 RB

1 WR

2-3  LB

1 ?

There are several names out there that I cannot remember off of the top of my head, so feel free to add names and positions for who you would like for us to finish up with.

@doc4aday The staff's plan as last I saw it reported which has been a while...

2 OL- I personally don't see how it's not 3 given we need a GT OT as well as high school or juco 1 each of OT & OG.

1 RB - MAR or Griffin

1 WR - Pickens

2 LB - Brothers & Russell are the known targets now.

1-2 DL - Cox & Moore seem the most likely.

1 GT QB - If the staff can find one available they like.

If there are any spots left the staff is looking to use it on another safety. Personally I'm torn between that & trying to find a GT Center.

13 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

There will definitely be a DL or two in the final group.

Very possible but not sure it's a definite if all our non SR DL come back as it's looking right now.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Very possible but not sure it's a definite if all our non SR DL come back as it's looking right now.

Please, tell me more. Our big name guys might be returning? That would be a huge deal.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

@doc4aday The staff's plan as last I saw it reported which has been a while...

2 OL- I personally don't see how it's not 3 given we need a GT OT as well as high school or juco 1 each of OT & OG.

1 RB - MAR or Griffin

1 WR - Pickens

2 LB - Brothers & Russell are the known targets now.

1-2 DL - Cox & Moore seem the most likely.

1 GT QB - If the staff can find one available they like.

If there are any spots left the staff is looking to use it on another safety. Personally I'm torn between that & trying to find a GT Center.

I would be pleased if their "plan" works out, but my confidence level that AU will sign 2 more OL and 2 additional LB is not high.

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

What u talkin bout Willis.  😁.  DB too?

25 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

I would be pleased if their "plan" works out, but my confidence level that AU will sign 2 more OL and 2 additional LB is not high.

We have a good shot at signing 2 more quality LB even though they may not be highly rated. I also think we will get 2 more OL but not sure on the quality. 1 of them will likely be a GT.

1 hour ago, fortworthtiger said:

Please, tell me more. Our big name guys might be returning? That would be a huge deal.

DB has an injury that may hurt his draft stock & work at the combine so he may choose to return.

15 minutes ago, ellitor said:

We have a good shot at signing 2 more quality LB even though they may not be highly rated. I also think we will get 2 more OL but not sure on the quality. 1 of them will likely be a GT.

Any possibility of one of the DT we sign will be converted to OT?

I really hope that Ashley gets his act together and develops into a quality OL whether it be at the guard or tackle position.  If Prince Sammons could get it together as well, would be a huge help along the OL.  Any news on Tega?  IF he comes back, this would be a huge, huge bonus & like signing a quality 4 or 5 star OT.

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

DB has an injury that may hurt his draft stock & work at the combine so he may choose to return.

I would love it if DB comes back, along with MD.

1 hour ago, doc4aday said:

I really hope that Ashley gets his act together and develops into a quality OL whether it be at the guard or tackle position.  If Prince Sammons could get it together as well, would be a huge help along the OL.  Any news on Tega?  IF he comes back, this would be a huge, huge bonus & like signing a quality 4 or 5 star OT.

I agree that it would be huge but not like signing a 4-5 start recruit which we should be doing.... They would be here 3-4 years to kick A and take names

2 hours ago, doc4aday said:

Any news on Tega?

No. Still planning to leave early so he can bring his family over to the US.

6 hours ago, ellitor said:

There has to be a way around this.....can’t we just contact the same people Tua used? 🤫

46 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

There has to be a way around this.....can’t we just contact the same people Tua used? 🤫

Welll Hawaii is technically in the US.

23 hours ago, ellitor said:

He’d better punt this time. 

On 1/2/2019 at 4:25 PM, ellitor said:

I never thought I’d ever be happy that one of our best players has an injury. I should be ashamed. 

59 minutes ago, ellitor said:

What do you mean?

Play it safe. Stay in school. Improve your chances of success. He’s not there yet imo. 

Archived