2019 Recruiting Thread

Zeek

1 hour ago, akillshot said:

In the original OP, Pickens is shown in orange as in signed.  However, he is just committed at this point, correct? I'm thinking this is just a carryover from prior to ESD when orange was used for committed. Thanks

Yes. Overlooked that notation. Apologies.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Yes. Overlooked that notation. Apologies.

No apology required, E. You do a great job sharing recruiting information and I appreciate the work you do. I know of a couple times in the past where you've tried to step away and the information flow drops dramatically so I hope you continue your efforts for the good of the board. Thanks

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, AU80cruiser said:

How close are we to taking Ledarrius Cox from Tennessee? We are about to lose the only Cox on the team. We should probably replace him with a much bigger Cox in Ledarrius :poke:

Word is he's Auburn's for the taking if we want him. With only 1 DT in the class I don't see why we wouldn't.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I have a recruiting question. I know on an Official visit we can pay for the recruits trip and put them up and pay for their meals. I think we can also bring some of their family and pay for them but am not sure about that. On an un-Official visit I know the recruit has to get to Auburn on their own.  Once they are here what are we allowed to do with them? Are we allowed to let them room with a player on the team are we allowed to feed them, are we allowed to take them to a sporting event like a basketball game?

If we're doing it right, a handshake should solve all these questions.

• Like 1

On 12/21/2018 at 7:14 PM, ellitor said:

Word is he's Auburn's for the taking if we want him. With only 1 DT in the class I don't see why we wouldn't.

Handy projected as a DT for us, correct?

On 12/21/2018 at 7:55 PM, AU80cruiser said:

It'll be a nice change to finally get penetration from our Cox instead of Cox blocking all the time.

This is a post that I can believe in. 

8 minutes ago, HarrisBoy334 said:

Have u discussed the grad transfer Tyree Jackson outta Buffalo. If not what are ur thoughts about him on the field?

Not E but Reminds me of Mallet because of his size. His accuracy is crap though. 

Just now, aujeff11 said:

Not E but Reminds me of Mallet because of his size. His accuracy is crap though. 

Watch a couple of games highlights. Throws good slant routes and deep balls. That's Gus's route tree basically. Runs a 4.5 forty at 6'7 245lbs.  Threw 8 picks 26 TDs but 3 picks came in one game.

1 minute ago, HarrisBoy334 said:

Runs a 4.5 forty at 6'7 245lbs.

Legit 4.5? 

Maybe Allen Greene knows him. 

Buffalo threw the ball more than they ran. Gus would treat him like Nick's first year with 20 or less passes a game. But I didn't see anything to totally dismiss the kid. Just don't promise him the job even tho he's a grad transfer

7 minutes ago, HarrisBoy334 said:

The only legit times are in the NFL combine

Yeah I know, he just doesn’t look like a legit 4.5 guy. Cam was only a legit 4.59 at the forty. 

• Like 1