2019 Recruiting Thread

Zeek

I am an optimistic type fan, but, I just do not think MW is a SEC QB,  I personally feel that Joey Gatewood(who reminds me of Cam) will start as the OD QB in 2019.. Cord, I admit, I do not know much about and Bo might would be better to sit and learn, but, get some GT experience. Just my thoughts.  WDE!!!

Edited by aubieclawz
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, ellitor said:

It won’t have an affect on this class. The best it can do is have an affect on the 2020 class if he builds on this win with a successful season next year. FWIW Cain was never coming to AU at all. Yes Gus’s job security hurt in the recruitment but it did not make a winnable difference.

We'll have to agree to disagree.  I've seen way too many comments about our turmoil by analysts concerning recruits backing away and not signing, re/ Putnam etc. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, im4au said:

We'll have to agree to disagree.  I've seen way too many comments about our turmoil by analysts concerning recruits backing away and not signing, re/ Putnam etc. 

Saw an article about Cain that said he backed off because of the negative chatter. Can’t recall where I saw it!

11 hours ago, Tntigers said:

Well I didn’t ask this to be hidden away in another thread, that’s why I started one.  I’m done with this site.  You people are always so negative and have overbearing fascism tendencies.

hope you find a safe spot Mr. snowflake.

• Facepalm 2

58 minutes ago, toddc said:

Saw an article about Cain that said he backed off because of the negative chatter. Can’t recall where I saw it!

I saw same article last week. The negative garbage for the last month possibly cost us his services, but he also lost...oh well.

12 hours ago, Tntigers said:

Well I didn’t ask this to be hidden away in another thread, that’s why I started one.  I’m done with this site.  You people are always so negative and have overbearing fascism tendencies.

source.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Tntigers said:

Good choice. I’ve heard that the mods all meet in a secret star chamber and that this is the poster on the wall there:

7C273424-1267-4DF4-B3EC-99EBF0258A84.jpeg

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, im4au said:

@im4au Your post was about the remainder of the class. Putnam is not covered in that statement. I've already said the subpar season thus putting Gus's job security in question is why we lost Putnam. To be clear it was the season & Gus putting his own job in jeopardy that hurt us in recruiting while his job was not secure. Not the fans being frustrated & voicing it. Another reason his job being secure now will not have an affect on this class, most of the good recruits have signed. At this point we are going to get who we are going to get regardless.

Now if we had lost to Purdue Gus's job would have been seen as not secure for a bit as the PTB would have tried once again to push Gus out but I think Leath would have still kept Gus again. For that time Gus's job would seem unsecure with the money people pushing it could have cost us guys like MAR & Pickens. So I guess if we are playing dominoes the win over Purdue could help the class as it has made Gus's job secure for this immediate season. It's all about job security.

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, toddc said:

Regardless of what he said in an interview we were never landing Cain. Also by the time he was ready to commit Cain was down to 4th on our board & we led with #1 & #2 in MAR & DJ. I'm not sure the staff would have taken his commitment last Wednesday had he wanted in anyway.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Win4AU said:

Any scraps Auburn can pick up from Richt’s retiring?

Wish he retired before the GT Kennedy signed with them last week. As for the question I don't know if Miami has any GTs on roster we could plug & play immediately.

11 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Any scraps Auburn can pick up from Richt’s retiring?

What?   did I miss something here?   :o

5 minutes ago, AU64 said:

What?   did I miss something here?   :o

Mark Rickt retirement 

Just now, toddc said:

Mark Rickt retirement 

But he's not even old enough for Social Security or Medicare?        But he's lost his mojo it looks like.....bad loss in bowl game and recruiting problems too.   

Maybe he can work with Urban as a guest lecturer in that Citizenship Class or whatever it is that Meyer will conducting next season. 

57 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Wish he retired before the GT Kennedy signed with them last week. As for the question I don't know if Miami has any GTs on roster we could plug & play immediately.

I wonder if any of the early signees had a clue this was coming ? I know you're supposed to commit a school, not a coach, but this timing is terrible for that group.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Any rule that Auburn could take advantage to bring Kennedy back to Auburn?

14 hours ago, ellitor said:

It won’t have an affect on this class. The best it can do is have an affect on the 2020 class if he builds on this win with a successful season next year. FWIW Cain was never coming to AU at all. Yes Gus’s job security hurt in the recruitment but it did not make a winnable difference.

I don't think it will help us get anyone new but I think it may help us hold onto one or two we already had committed.

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Bring him in as our QB coach or "off field" coach

Slow down, you know Saban gets first dibs on all ex-head coaches.😜 So we won’t even be able to put out a feeler until after wee man takes his 24hr celebration the day after they win another natty. 🤮

** Aparently he also gets 1st dibs on Major Applewhite too......😂

Edited by AlaskanFAN

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

Bring him in as our QB coach or "off field" coach

And head coach in waiting, I can see it now. I think I'll pass on him myself.

• Like 1

Hey E, what’s the time frame for recruiting visits and coaches visiting players from now until signing day? 

Hey @ellitor, what’s the time frame for recruiting visits and coaches visiting players from now until signing day? 

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

@im4au Your post was about the remainder of the class. Putnam is not covered in that statement. I've already said the subpar season thus putting Gus's job security in question is why we lost Putnam. To be clear it was the season & Gus putting his own job in jeopardy that hurt us in recruiting while his job was not secure. Not the fans being frustrated & voicing it. Another reason his job being secure now will not have an affect on this class, most of the good recruits have signed. At this point we are going to get who we are going to get regardless.

Now if we had lost to Purdue Gus's job would have been seen as not secure for a bit as the PTB would have tried once again to push Gus out but I think Leath would have still kept Gus again. For that time Gus's job would seem unsecure with the money people pushing it could have cost us guys like MAR & Pickens. So I guess if we are playing dominoes the win over Purdue could help the class as it has made Gus's job secure for this immediate season. It's all about job security.

Then we agree that the turmoil hurt us, but isn't as much a factor going forward. The pickings are slim now, but we still have to sell transfers and prospects on visiting us.  I hope Auburn fans and sites have learned a lesson about spreading "News" that doesn't have a traceable source.  

• Like 1

Now that the season is over, I wonder how long it will be before we start seeing more commitments for the Feb. class. I hope to some juco OL, LB recruits in Feb.

1 hour ago, im4au said:

I hope Auburn fans and sites have learned a lesson about spreading "News" that doesn't have a traceable source.  

hit-forehead-gif.gif

Just because stuff isn't traceable doesn't mean it's not damn real, especially in recruiting & when there's coaching turmoil within a program. People aren't going to burn their sources by letting the info be traceable. They lose sources that way. You want a legit indication Gus's job security was in question from the inside? Allen Green's letter confirming Gus will be the HC in 2019 came on Dec. 10. a full 16 days after the Iron Bowl. If Gus's job was secure that letter would have come much sooner. There was a lot of back & forth between Leath. Harbert. & the money brokers in that time span. The fans have nothing to do with any of this & there's not a lesson for them to learn. Gus has brought what happened in the past & fall out from it full on himself with the mediocrity we have had most of his HC career. I sincerely hope he turns things around. I do want to win big consistently but don't want to have to go through a coaching change to get there. I totally understand some fans being fed up with the negativity. Heck, I'm to that point also. However, I'm just as fed up with some of our fans blaming ourselves for the recruiting struggles & losses we have had on the trail. Gus has some fundamental flaws with his recruiting approach that has hurt us in recruiting, not us fans' voicing our frustration.

/RantOver

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1