2019 Recruiting Thread

Zeek

3 hours ago, toddc said:

Hey @ellitor, what’s the time frame for recruiting visits and coaches visiting players from now until signing day? 

Gus has 1 visit for each recruit from now til NSD unless he already used that visit with a recruit in December. Assistants can visit each target 1 time each week per Calendar week (Sunday-Saturday). All this begins after the current dead period we are in ends on January 10th. It ends the Sunday before NSD.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, bg5 said:

I don't think it will help us get anyone new but I think it may help us hold onto one or two we already had committed.

Only indirectly because it has secured Gus's job for now. It's all about job security.

6 hours ago, Win4AU said:

Any rule that Auburn could take advantage to bring Kennedy back to Auburn?

Not without Miami releasing him from his NLI or Financial Aid papers if one of those is what he signed.

29 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Gus has 1 visit for each recruit from now til NSD unless he already used that visit with a recruit in December. Assistants can visit each target 1 time each week per Calendar week (Sunday-Saturday). All this begins after the current dead period we are in ends on January 10th. It ends the Sunday before NSD.

You’re the man E!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

Just because stuff isn't traceable doesn't mean it's not damn real,

There was a LOT of stuff tossed around that wasn't close to being real. Just because a person hears something ridiculous doesn't mean it should be repeated as gospel.

10 hours ago, Mikey said:

There was a LOT of stuff tossed around that wasn't close to being real. Just because a person hears something ridiculous doesn't mean it should be repeated as gospel.

Like what? 

13 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

Like what? 

If you didn't hear the things that turned out to be false, forget it. I'm not coming on here now and point out someone and say they were wrong. I did say that what was being claimed didn't make any sense at the time, and it didn't. Several things turned out to be wrong. Again, if you didn't see them at the time, just drop it.

32 minutes ago, Mikey said:

If you didn't hear the things that turned out to be false, forget it. I'm not coming on here now and point out someone and say they were wrong. I did say that what was being claimed didn't make any sense at the time, and it didn't. Several things turned out to be wrong. Again, if you didn't see them at the time, just drop it.

I wasn’t asking you to call anyone out Mikey, I just didn’t know what you deemed to be ridiculous and false. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

I wasn’t asking you to call anyone out Mikey, I just didn’t know what you deemed to be ridiculous and false. 

Anything he hears that he doesn't like is ridiculous and false. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, steeleagle said:

I wonder how Asa Martin feels now that his HC has retired? I am sure the coach who worked to get Asa to Miami will not be there when he can play there.

Can it be any worse than his former coaching staff not realizing how many games he played?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Since we signed 16 in DEC., has there any word on who'll go after and sign in DEC.? IMO, since we are thin on the offensive line and at linebacker, I hope coach Gimes and coach Wlliams will push real hard in the juco ranks. What do think? Thanks.

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, auburn4ever said:

Since we signed 16 in DEC., has there any word on who'll go after and sign in DEC.? IMO, since we are thin on the offensive line and at linebacker, I hope coach Gimes and coach Wlliams will push real hard in the juco ranks. What do think? Thanks.

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

• Haha 2

• ellitor changed the title to 2019 Recruiting Thread
  • ellitor pinned and featured this topic

YAYYYYYYYYYYYY OFFENSIVE LINEMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

• Like 1

@ellitor, is it safe to say we signed the nation’s top defensive line class this year with Moore?  Or maybe even without Moore?  Does Brown’s return affect our chances of signing Moore?

30 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

is it safe to say we signed the nation’s top defensive line class this year with Moore, Or maybe even without Moore?

No & not even close if we land him. Bama has 6 guys listed as DL signed & another 2 committed, 4 of which are rated higher than any of our signees. Now a couple of theirs listed as WDEs will probably end up Jack LBs for them but it's still not close on paper. UGA, Oregon, & a handful of others would still have better DL classes also.

40 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Does Brown’s return affect our chances of signing Moore?

No reason it should. There would only be a 1 year overlap in their time at AU & if Moore can contribute year 1 it could be at DT or SDE

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

No & not even close if we land him. Bama has 6 guys listed as DL signed & another 2 committed, 4 of which are rated higher than any of our signees. Now a couple of theirs listed as WDEs will probably end up Jack LBs for them but it's still not close on paper. UGA, Oregon, & a handful of others would still have better DL classes also.

Well that bursts my bubble.

dKywa47.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

No & not even close if we land him. Bama has 6 guys listed as DL signed & another 2 committed, 4 of which are rated higher than any of our signees. 

That shot down all of my hopes and dreams of best DL class in the National DL arms race.

6 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

That shot down all of my hopes and dreams of best DL class in the National DL arms race.

Doesn't bother me that much as the ones we signed are really good and Garner does a great job of developing them and getting them PT in real games early to help the development.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, auburnphan said:

@ellitor    Does the de-commitment of 4* JUCO LB Lakia Henry from Tennessee spark any interest in the AU staff?

AU has been interested a long time but likes other LBs better.

• Thanks 1