2019 Recruiting Thread

Zeek

Just now, Win4AU said:

Who is Harrison Veal and what is a PWO?  I’m assuming he’s a DT or DE.

Preferred Walk on.

3 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

LB.... same school as 2019 signee Jashawn Sheffield comes from ......Frederica Academy

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Win4AU said:

Long-snapper/Linebacker and PWO is “preferred walk-on”

38 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Big news about Bell. Softens the blow of bad OL recruiting over the last few years a tad if we bring in 3 competent linemen in this class. 

Only slightly softens the blow. He's coming in as a Center. We still need a Tackle & a Guard.

10 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Only slightly softens the blow. He's coming in as a Center. We still need a Tackle & a Guard.

He have some good depth at guard. Tackle is scary

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, bigbird said:

He have some good depth at guard

I'm not sure about that. Our Guards, especially Horton, didn't look great through a good portion of last season but Gus didn't let JB put others in to get a look at til the Purdue game I think. In terms of raw numbers we have 6 each at the 2 positions.

Edited by ellitor

20 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Now we just need the elite closer and Recruiter Butch Thompson to close this out for us! lol

I would love Hampton to come in and be a dual sport athlete with baseball. That would be so awesome to see again. 

• Like 2

Missouri OT visiting Auburn this weekend

Iiwwuws6wpge4twoknwf

Sean Williams - PowerMizzou.com

Auburn has added a recruit to its visitor list for this weekend, and it’s a big one.

Ira Henry, a 6-foot-5, 295-pound offensive tackle from St. Louis, Mo., is scheduled to arrive in Auburn on Friday and stay until Sunday.

“Me, my mom and my dad will be there,” Henry said. “I’ve never been there, so I’m definitely looking forward to it.”

Henry scheduled the visit Wednesday night after an in-home meeting with Auburn offensive line coach J.B. Grimes. It was Henry’s first time meeting Grimes.

“I just started hearing from him earlier this week and then he came to my house (Wednesday night),” Henry said. “I like him. He’s a good coach. I think he would be a good coach to develop me and get me to the next level where I want to be.”

The meeting wasn’t just about football. Grimes talked about the importance of academics and attaining a degree.

“His message is different than other coaches,” Henry said. “He’s telling me that all of his guys get their degrees. He said he’d get me setup to get my degree in 3 or 3 1/2 years.”

Grimes also talked about the opportunity at Auburn for early playing time.

“He said there is a good chance for me to play early because they need tackles,” Henry said. “Their tackles are going to the league and their back-up tackle, too.”

Henry’s visit to Auburn will be his third official visit. He visited Iowa in June and Florida last weekend. He also has an official visit scheduled to Florida State Jan. 25-27. A fifth and final visit could come in February.

“But I don’t know where it will be, yet,” Henry said.

Henry is an Auburn type of tackle. From his build to the way he runs in space. He's high coming out of his stance but Grimes can work with that. 

John Plumlee is scheduled to arrive in Auburn on Friday and stay until Sunday. This is a tactic to get him and and evaluate him for football/baseball as well as try to take a dig a UGA. 
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

This is a tactic to get him and and evaluate him for football/baseball

Where are you seeing this? With us recruiting him as a QB my guess is we expect 1 of the losers of the upcoming QB battle to change positions or transfer.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Tigerpro2a said:

why are we trying to land another QB for 19 class?

Because Willis or Gatewood will probably transfer or move positions if they lose the QB battle this spring

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Metalsinger418 said:

Because Willis or Gatewood will probably transfer or move positions if they lose the QB battle this spring

I could see that. I guess i feel like there are better ways the scholly should be used. We def need to sign at least one QB next year but I think we would be perfectly fine with just Bo. If this kid doesnt beat out Bo and start,....how long is he going to be ok riding the bench before he transfers

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2