2019 Recruiting Thread

Zeek

7 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I guess i feel like there are better ways the scholly should be used

With 27 spots available we have enough room to take care of all the needs in the class & have room to bring him in to.

10 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

If this kid doesnt beat out Bo and start,....how long is he going to be ok riding the bench before he transfers

Probably a good while if ever since he was planning to Blue Shirt at UGA. He also can play slot WR or DB & is open to those positions as well.

1 hour ago, alexava said:

We can get by without another one this year for sure. We are rich with inexperienced qbs as we stand. 

We're likely losing one at some point to position change or transfer & would be down to 3 schollied QBs. Gus wants 4 at minimum if possible.

Edited by ellitor

23 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

how long is he going to be ok riding the bench before he transfers

You could say that about every kid we recruit at every position. 

I think folks are severely overestimating the transfer thing. Most kids know they might not start. 

This guy isn't Justin Fields or Trevor Lawrence. Or Bo Nix. He knows that. 

11 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I think folks are severely overestimating the transfer thing. Most kids know they might not start. 

True. I will say that I should've watched his film before making that statement. Kid is a baller though. He could fit in nice as a backup for Bo and yes he has the speed and quickness to play several other positions. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Is Harrison Veal a Preffed Walk on for Auburn? if so, what's his profile? 

1. Yes. 2. If you mean position I think it's LB & LS.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

With 27 spots available we have enough room to take care of all the needs in the class & have room to bring him in to.

Probably a good while if ever since he was planning to Blue Shirt at UGA. He also can play slot WR or DB & is open to those positions as well.

Do you think we use all 27? And what is a blue shirt? same as a redshirt?

redshirt, greyshirt I've heard of.  Also the Blackshirts (Nebraska defense nickname).  Blue shirt is another new made up name for me too that I haven't heard.

40 minutes ago, kd4au said:

Do you think we use all 27?

Don't know. Gus says he plans to.

40 minutes ago, kd4au said:

And what is a blue shirt? same as a redshirt?

Not the same as a RS...

image.png

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

Blue shirt is another new made up name for me too that I haven't heard.

Been around a few years. We did it with Bill Taylor a couple classes ago.

• Thanks 1

Kid is a 4* and very good athlete I hear.  I doubt if we are at top of his list.  Maybe that will change after OV.  If he is willing to play anywhere to help the team he's my kind of football player.  Hope he becomes an Auburn man.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Auburn is closer to Hattiesburg than Athens.  We also have a MS connection now so who knows.  I like the idea of this kids in O&B.  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, The Plainsman said:

Auburn is closer to Hattiesburg than Athens.  We also have a MS connection now so who knows.  I like the idea of this kids in O&B.  

Good point. So many variables go into their decisions, both where to sign and whether or not to stick around. And a lot of those variables don't have anything to do with football. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Good point. So many variables go into their decisions, both where to sign and whether or not to stick around. And a lot of those variables don't have anything to do with football. 

SHHH!! Don't let the NCAA get the idea their philosophy on something is right.

• Haha 1

For what it’s worth, Plumlee is a crazy athlete. A number of schools in MS and elsewhere recruited him as a DB/WR/Ath as opposed to QB. 

@ellitor How do all these transfer guys who are on scholarship affect our numbers? Just the 85 ?? limit right (not sure of the number).  Makes no difference in our annual number we can recruit?

Edited by toddc

47 minutes ago, toddc said:

@ellitor How do all these transfer guys who are on scholarship affect our numbers? Just the 85 ?? limit right (not sure of the number).  Makes no difference in our annual number we can recruit?

3rd paragraph in the pinned Understanding Yearly Signee & Initial Counter Rules thread...

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

3rd paragraph in the pinned Understanding Yearly Signee & Initial Counter Rules thread...

Ellitor, I know we got the fancy thread. I am just not getting it. Can you dumb it down for me? May take a while for you but I think I’ll get it sooner than later. Hopefully.

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

Ellitor, I know we got the fancy thread. I am just not getting it. Can you dumb it down for me? May take a while for you but I think I’ll get it sooner than later. Hopefully.

Ok. All players who get their first scholly from the school they are attending before having been at that school 2 years has to count against the yearly 25 Initial Counter/new player limit regardless of where they were previously. This includes transfers.

21 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Please post a link on Harrison Veal. Thank you.

If you're asking for a profile thread to be created for him we don't do that for walk ons often & rarely have.

1 hour ago, Roos said:

Will we get a commit this weekend? we need some momentum...………...

Unlikely this weekend (except maybe the GT HB visiting right now) but Brown could commit this week. The rest of our targets seem to be wanting to wait until Sunday. Hi