2019 Recruiting Thread

Zeek

Updating the OP

Committed players are ORANGE

Players who have visited Auburn or been visited by Auburn are TEAL

I'm making the distinction of who has visited to start to narrow down our "realistic" targets. If they take the time to come to Auburn, or if we take the time to visit them, then there has to be some level of actual interest.

***I'm actively making this update so some recruits names might not be teal yet even though they have visited***

Edited by Zeek
Added the note at the end
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Wasn't that the AD

No. This a point in time when Golf would call you numbnuts, but I won't do that. The player was on Gus's left, wife on Gus's right, AD on wife's right.

Edited by Mikey

Alright, updated up until the CBs

I'm driving to Jacksonville so I'll be a minute

• Like 1

To all who work on this, thank you for all that you do!!  @Zeek

One request, it would be great if the names in the OP were linked to any who had threads already.  I know some of the threads are way of the rails at the moments, but it would be a quick easy way to check on updates for that recruit.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

No. This a point in time when Golf would call you numbnuts, but I won't do that. The player was on Gus's left, wife on Gus's right, AD on wife's right.

I know. It was a joke...

• Like 1

http://www.12up.com/posts/5985394-two-other-sec-schools-interested-in-alabama-qb-target-gardner-minshew?a_aid=36534

Auburn interested in Grad Transfer QB Gardner Minshew from ECU. Interesting to say the least.

Edited by Gowebb11

4 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

http://www.12up.com/posts/5985394-two-other-sec-schools-interested-in-alabama-qb-target-gardner-minshew?a_aid=36534

Auburn interested in Grad Transfer QB Gardner Minshew from ECU. Interesting to say the least.

I don't know why Auburn is interested. All the benefit I see from a grad transfer is somebody to back Willis up if Stidham gets hurt. That would pretty much guarantee that Gatewood could redshirt. That's a pretty slim reason to use a scholarship slot that can be rolled up to next year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

WTH

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

WTH

I'm thinking Auburn's "interest", on a scale of one to ten, is somewhere around a two. This doesn't make much sense.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I'm thinking Auburn's "interest", on a scale of one to ten, is somewhere around a two. This doesn't make much sense.

Yep. Doesn’t make sense why he’d want to go to Auburn or Bama as they seem solid next year. Tennessee would be a good location though. 

49 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I don't know why Auburn is interested. All the benefit I see from a grad transfer is somebody to back Willis up if Stidham gets hurt. That would pretty much guarantee that Gatewood could redshirt. That's a pretty slim reason to use a scholarship slot that can be rolled up to next year.

Wouldn’t have to sit out a year as a GT either, right. Why would we be interested unless he can play dB position?

6 hours ago, toddc said:

Wouldn’t have to sit out a year as a GT either, right. Why would we be interested unless he can play dB position?

Or offensive tackle. 

• Haha 1

On 2/14/2018 at 8:04 AM, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Yep. He has almost no interest in playing for AU. We are getting no traction with this kid at all.  

FYI I know of at least 2 of his siblings that went to school somewhere other than AU. Just wanted to get away and experience different things. A great family. If he's not interested in coming to AU I don't think he will play games unlike the other two AHS guys. Unfortunate, I think he will be a really good player.

On 2/14/2018 at 6:16 AM, Zeek said:

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2018/02/will_auburn_alabama_offer_4-st_1.html

Diabate for next offer please

Really don't want us to miss out on this kid that's AT AUBURN HIGH SCHOOL

We never sign kids from Auburn. I just don't get it. 

On 2/14/2018 at 10:35 AM, McLoofus said:

Wasn't he coaching with his son, too?

He was. However that was the feel good story that I can't believe people still believe. Truth is Grimes was offered an off the field position at Auburn because we knew Hand was coming, and he chose to leave and get an on the field position elsewhere. There is 0% chance he leaves on his own. He was pushed out because Gus knew only offering him an off the field position would push him out.

On 2/14/2018 at 2:14 PM, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Was a great PR move by all. 

Exactly. It was a great PR move. Wasn't the truth as to why he left, but it sure "felt" good.

• Thanks 1

Scrolling through 247 it looks like there are only three we are currently really leading for.

4* RB / Derrian Brown

3* OT / Carter Colquitt

3* TE / Sean Brown

• Sad 1

Added links to the RBs that have their own thread

I'll do the other positions when I have time!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Zeek said:

@Auburn2Eugene yeah, someone earlier mentioned that he has no interest in staying at home. It's a shame really.

Most kids don't want to go to a college thats a mile away from their high school.  They want a new experience.  My mom, aunt and uncle were born and raised in Auburn and all of them chose to go to college elsewhere.  I'd be curious to see the amount of AHS grads that choose to go to Auburn.  I've had 6 cousins graduate from AHS and only 1 went to Auburn.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

Scrolling through 247 it looks like there are only three we are currently really leading for.

4* RB / Derrian Brown

3* OT / Carter Colquitt

3* TE / Sean Brown

Based on my experience, 247 is guessing... especially this early.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Based on my experience, 247 is guessing... especially this early.

Agreed, just a brief observation.

Should have put FWIW

https://www.seccountry.com/auburn/auburn-recruiting-mikel-jones-img-academy-alabama

4* OLB and Edge Rusher, Mikel Jones had a visit to Auburn this past weekend and said it surpassed his expectations and he definitely plans on returning. Really like the work that the staff is putting in with these IMG prospects. That would make one hell of a pipeline...

“Mainly, the coaches. Yes, facilities are nice and everything, but everybody’s got nice facilities. I want to make sure I have a coach, a position coach, that I’d be comfortable with for the next couple years, make sure the coaching staff is stable. A lot of coaches are switching schools, so I want a coaching staff that’s stable that I can get along with,” Jones said.

“T-Will likes me as a linebacker. This past season I played a lot of rush end, so he knows I can use my hands. He was just telling me to keep doing what I’m doing to get faster, stronger, bigger and perfect my craft. He tells me to not get too caught up in the recruiting, just keep playing football.”

Jones’ process is, more or less, just getting underway.

He holds offers from Auburn, Clemson, Georgia, Louisville, South Carolina and others. Jones is a prospect — especially given the spring exposure at IMG Academy — who likely will pick up many more offers in the coming months. He has visited only Alabama and Auburn this year. He expects to make it to places such as Miami, LSU, Clemson and Georgia in the near future.

Based on his initial impressions of the Plains, he’ll be back.

“I told this to Coach Greg [Brown] when I was leaving. I didn’t have low expectations, but my expectations were definitely shattered after I left,” Jones said. “I really liked the visit, everything about it. I was very pleased with the campus, all the coaches and the atmosphere of the place. I just look forward to coming back in the summer.”

• Like 3

https://www.seccountry.com/auburn/auburn-recruiting-weekend-visitors-updates

• 4-star T Xavier Truss, Bishop Hendricken (R.I.), No. 99 overall
  • 4-star G Keiondre Jones, Callaway (Ga.), No. 132 overall
  • 4-star T Jaelin Humphries, Mountain View (Ga.), No. 219 overall
  • 4-star WR Zion Puckett, Spalding (Ga.), No. 241 overall
  • 4-star OLB Mikel Jones, IMG Academy (Fla.), No. 307 overall

Others that visited. Zion Puckett is the only one without an offer. Truss, Humphries, and Jones hadn't visited before this weekend. Glad to see us starting to crank up our pace!

• Like 1