2019 Recruiting Thread

Zeek

20 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

I’m pretty sure we have the #1 dual threat QB in the country coming in this month. What exactly do you want? By the way his name is Bo Nix . WDE

I think you're being facetious but I'm feeling like Bo Nix is probably Sean White with more personal discipline.  Pocket passer with mobility.  Like Stids was supposed to be.  Another square peg for Gus' round hole Offense.

That said, he'll possibly be a great asset in the next HC's Offense 😁

Edited by AUsince72
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

I’m pretty sure we have the #1 dual threat QB in the country coming in this month. What exactly do you want? By the way his name is Bo Nix . WDE

Until he proves himself, he's just a HS player full of potential.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Lol. I know who he is. I'm hoping he pans out quick, but despite the recent success of true freshmen qbs, they are still the exception and not the norm. Familiar with Khalil Tate also. Looks like a truly dynamic runner. I was hoping someone knew of another option I hadn't heard of, but also, nada. 

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Hell yea. I definitely want to get tickets this year. Pearl may have us there yearly pretty soon, but nothing in this life is assured. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

I think you're being facetious but I'm feeling like Bo Nix is probably Sean White with more personal discipline.  Pocket passer with mobility.  Like Stids was supposed to be.  Another square peg for Gus' round hole Offense.

He's obviously a talented kid. Question is, did he commit to AU or a coach w zero pedigree for developing talented kids? I believe I've said numerous times  in other posts,  but Malzahn has no background in truly grooming QB's. He is an overpaid insignificant laughing stock of a coach/ leader. He is already well done and we can only hope we hang on to a few recruits. Think about how many 5 stars have come thru and flamed out or never got coached up to their true potential. Currently, AU football is irrelevant and very unlikely to change for at least 2 to 3 more years. Bottom line- It is and has been a very poorly managed athletic department forever. No decent coach in his right mind would want to deal with the crap, unless they are a highschool coach getting paid what the moron Prez gave him. The program has never been consistent and likely never will be. After 40 plus years as a fan,  that is how I see things. 

12 hours ago, Deemer 47 said:

Question is, did he commit to AU or a coach w zero pedigree for developing talented kids?

Bo is an Auburn guy - with or without the current coaching staff. I love guys like him who just want to play for Auburn, win or lose. He's also been our #1 asset in recruiting Owen Pappoe (5* LB).

• Like 1
  • Love 1

17 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Don’t agree. I’ve followed Bo closely the last two years. He is possibly the most underrated player out there. If he hadn’t committed to AU early he would probably be in the best 10 players in the country rating wise. Also I can’t believe for a minute you would compare him with someone who had a serious alcohol problem . I’m sure Bo is not only capable physically but also mentally especially with Pat being his dad and coach.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Deemer 47 said:

He's obviously a talented kid. Question is, did he commit to AU or a coach w zero pedigree for developing talented kids? I believe I've said numerous times  in other posts,  but Malzahn has no background in truly grooming QB's. He is an overpaid insignificant laughing stock of a coach/ leader. He is already well done and we can only hope we hang on to a few recruits. Think about how many 5 stars have come thru and flamed out or never got coached up to their true potential. Currently, AU football is irrelevant and very unlikely to change for at least 2 to 3 more years. Bottom line- It is and has been a very poorly managed athletic department forever. No decent coach in his right mind would want to deal with the crap, unless they are a highschool coach getting paid what the moron Prez gave him. The program has never been consistent and likely never will be. After 40 plus years as a fan,  that is how I see things. 

He signed with AU because he has been AU all his life. I’m pretty sure withhis dad being Patrick Nix he will be well coached. Whether Gus canput him in a situation to win is debatable but his talent and knowledge is not questionable.

22 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Don’t agree. I’ve followed Bo closely the last two years. He is possibly the most underrated player out there. If he hadn’t committed to AU early he would probably be in the best 10 players in the country rating wise. Also I can’t believe for a minute you would compare him with someone who had a serious alcohol problem . I’m sure Bo is not only capable physically but also mentally especially with Pat being his dad and coach.

Pretty sure hes comparing him to Sean White while on the football field.  Personal discipline meaning not try to run over 250lb line backers.  Also I'm headed to get help for my serious alcohol problem since I partied too hard in college on a couple of occasions.

• Like 1

Go to the recruiting forum. You'll find everything we have on potential transfers there.

To my recollection, Bo Nix will be the first Auburn QB whose dad beat Bammer playing the same position.  Whose dad was an OC at two Power 5 schools.  I think Bo already has a pretty good position coach.   Without Gustav or his staff.

• Love 1

58 minutes ago, atl-tiger said:

Pretty sure hes comparing him to Sean White while on the football field.  Personal discipline meaning not try to run over 250lb line backers.  Also I'm headed to get help for my serious alcohol problem since I partied too hard in college on a couple of occasions.

Sean White could have been a great QB if had sought some help.There was no doubt he had the talent. Also Bo is a little bigger than Stan. By the way just got the Gator-Aid player of year for Alabama HS . WDE Bo Nix !!!!

19 hours ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

How many times has that worked out????

2 hours ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

First...okay, so you were serious.... My mistake.

With that said, my point is that though I believe Bo Nix may be quite a capable QB (maybe great even), the film I've seen he's more Sean White or Jarrett Stidham than Baker Mayfield or Tua Tagovailoa or Kyler Murray or Jalen Hurts or Kelly Bryant when a Gus Malzahn Offense needs one of those if he's going to stubbornly continue to run a pretend zone-read option running game.  Sean & Stids have mobility...but that's not what makes the Gus run game go.  And if Auburn is going to continue with the silly excuse of a HS passing game with no QB development or OLine to protect, then they need someone like Khalil Tate or Malik Willis (like Nick Marshall) where passing is not their first talent but rather running is.

As for the alcohol problem, you SERIOUSLY took that way out of context.  C'mon man!   My point was that I imagine that due to his pedigree he will be more mentally & emotionally prepared for college football.  Unlike Sean apparently was.  But I think you knew that...you just were in attack mode.

That's okay, I forgive you.

Edited by AUsince72

Kirby started playing him a lot more since those rumors started. Would love to have him here. 

2 hours ago, wde1968 said:

You are correct.  Under Gustav, it hasn't worked out very much, but see my post above.  This is uncharted territory.  We may have had coach's sons in the past, but none with this pedigree.  I think Bo will succeed in spite of Gustav.  He may have some growing pains early, but by the time we get to Amen Corner, he won't be a freshman anymore.

3 hours ago, wde1968 said:

Name me one other who has come in with this much talent and his dad/coach was a previous AU starting QB that was pretty good. People just don’t understand this kid has lived and prepared to be AUs QB all his life. He is ready. My comparison to BO would Stan White. I believe he can set a lot of records at AU.

One recent is the Ohio State QB. Video of him as a kid saying he will be the Buckeye QB...but, i agree it is rare

Not sure if he is a coaches son*

Edited by AUallday

10 hours ago, cole256 said:

Is he not thinking about leaving?

Maybe Justin Fields has thought about it but there has not been a decision come out yet. He would have to sit 2019 regardless.

9 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

We need  juco players who'll sign with us and step up and play right away. 

For the 4th time, no we don't unless they are quality. Jucos have a high miss rate.

• Like 1

On 12/6/2018 at 3:25 PM, AUsince72 said:

First...okay, so you were serious.... My mistake.

With that said, my point is that though I believe Bo Nix may be quite a capable QB (maybe great even), the film I've seen he's more Sean White or Jarrett Stidham than Baker Mayfield or Tua Tagovailoa or Kyler Murray or Jalen Hurts or Kelly Bryant when a Gus Malzahn Offense needs one of those if he's going to stubbornly continue to run a pretend zone-read option running game.  Sean & Stids have mobility...but that's not what makes the Gus run game go.  And if Auburn is going to continue with the silly excuse of a HS passing game with no QB development or OLine to protect, then they need someone like Khalil Tate or Malik Willis (like Nick Marshall) where passing is not their first talent but rather running is.

As for the alcohol problem, you SERIOUSLY took that way out of context.  C'mon man!   My point was that I imagine that due to his pedigree he will be more mentally & emotionally prepared for college football.  Unlike Sean apparently was.  But I think you knew that...you just were in attack mode.

That's okay, I forgive you.

Sorry if it came off as an attack mode. Didn’t mean it that way and I do apologize. What I meant was Sean actually had ability as well as guts. He just failed to manage his off the field issues. Also as I stated I have a lot of faith in Bo and absolutely none in Gus. If anyone can screw up a sure thing, Gus would be  at the front of that line. So can Bo take us where we need to go ? Yes. Will Gus allow that? Probably not. Again I have tremendous respect for you and your respect for AU so forgive me if I insulted you in any way. War Eagle. I also hope your recovery goes well. My son went thru Chemo and radiation about 5 years ago and we took care of him so I’ve seen the pain close up. He is doing well now and I hope you will also, soon.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1