2019 Recruiting Thread

Zeek

There is nothing wrong with the two ol recruits we have. Reading here you’d think they were two stars. We just need two more like them. How about we say it like that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, auol72 said:

There is nothing wrong with the two ol recruits we have. Reading here you’d think they were two stars. We just need two more like them. How about we say it like that.

Good post. It's important every now and then to remember this. I'm excited about both of these guys.

But when we have bama and uga on the schedule every damned year, and the other 2 of the top 4 current recruiting classes in the nation are also on our schedule every damned year, it's only human to fixate on what we don't have. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

It is just not working for whatever reason and that falls squarely on the coaches shoulders. Those guys just do not want to come here. It is a problem and has been for a few cycles.

Yes the problem is on the coaches but guys not wanting to come here is the issue only on some. The bigger problem on the OL is Gus's talent evaluation. He runs OL recruiting as he does for all O positions. The guys we have were gotten by orders of Gus.

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, auol72 said:

It is being told like it is. There has been nothing said nor implied negative about the 2 we have. Reality is though is it's 3 too few in this class.

• Like 2

Yeah and the class is not done yet either! Say it is three too few on February 10. It is two short at rb as well but by february it may be fine. Regardless a post back up the page talked like no one we had was worth anything and that is not fair to the kids who have committed to us and stuck with us. I suspect that by september 1, 2019 the five ol we run out will be light years better than the five we ran out this year and they will have to be. Experience is worth more than all of us here on this board can ever understand. Now lets get a big OT prospect to get ready for 2020 because right now unless the light comes on for P. Sammons we are in trouble there BIG time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Yes the problem is on the coaches but guys not wanting to come here is the issue only on some. The bigger problem on the OL is Gus's talent evaluation. He runs OL recruiting as he does for all O positions. The guys we have were gotten by orders of Gus.

You telling me the o-line coaches don't get to recruit the players they want and Gus decides who we recruit on the o-line? What in the hell does Gus know about the o-line and what we need ? No wonder our o-line looks like crap, let the coaches do their job Gustav.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 7:52 PM, abw0004 said:

Regarding Grimes, I actually felt the OL did pretty well the last three games against top talent in Georgia and Alabama.  I think with the OL, it takes time to develop properly, which is why most OL freshmen do not start.  I think Hand could not develop at all, just using guys that Grimes developed before him.  I think this rang true this year seeing Hand’s guys he was supposed to develop tanking.  Not saying we keep Grimes, but I think we started to see Grime’s efforts pay off at the end of the season.

I actually agree with you on this post. But what we need is a coach that can develop players like Grimes or even better, but can recruit lights out to go with the coaching. I don't who that coach is, but that's what we need.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, auol72 said:

Regardless a post back up the page talked like no one we had was worth anything

No it's not. Not about this class at least. It's a couple of posters completely misinterpreting @GwillMac6's post. If you paid attention to his posts you would know your interpretation is way off base. Gwill, as most of us are, is frustrated for a couple major reasons. 1. Yes the 2 commits we have are nice but as of now it does not look like we will round out the last 2 or 3 in the class with the same quality especially at OT where even AU babies in the womb know we are hurting recruiting there. 2. The other major OL recruiting frustration is with the last few classes that has us with talent we have now where even JB Grimes was underwhelmed with when he came back to AU. Bad evaluations in the past & misses on the good evaluations we had before this year (See Trey Hill & may add Putnam to that soon) are the crux for the frustration that boiled over in some of us.

Edited by ellitor
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

55 minutes ago, Samau said:

We haven’t missed on Putnam yet have we? Last I heard it’s between Au and Clemson? Is that not correct?

No we have not but we are trending in the wrong direction with 1 day to go. But you never know. 

21 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Waiting on a new commit like...

dying.gif

Great movie. You know Charlize Theron is hot when she looks good with a shaved head and a prosthetic arm😛

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

No it's not. Not about this class at least. It's a couple of posters completely misinterpreting @GwillMac6's post. If you paid attention to his posts you would know your interpretation is way off base. Gwill, as most of us are, is frustrated for a couple major reasons. 1. Yes the 2 commits we have are nice but as of now it does not look like we will round out the last 2 or 3 in the class with the same quality especially at OT where even AU babies in the womb know we are hurting recruiting there. 2. The other major OL recruiting frustration is with the last few classes that has us with talent we have now where even JB Grimes was underwhelmed with when he came back to AU. Bad evaluations in the past & misses on the good evaluations we had before this year (See Trey Hill & may add Putnam to that soon) are the crux for the frustration that boiled over in some of us.

dap.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Thanks! I was worried about speaking for you

I can quite honestly say you did it a lot better than I would of. CLEARLY since people are taking offense to what I said! lmao

7 hours ago, auol72 said:

Where did I say there was?! My post was about what we DO NOT have and not what we do. K Jones is a BALLER!!!! A stud. He is a road grader who will be a beast for us. WE NEED MORE THOUGH. Him and the IMG kid does not even come close to filling our needs along the OL and fix our huge Offensive tackle problem. 

Edited by GwillMac6

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Where did I say there was?! My post was about what we DO NOT have and not what we do. K Jones is a BALLER!!!! A stud. He is a road grader who will be a beast for us. WE NEED MORE THOUGH. Him and the IMG kid does not even come close to filling our needs along the OL and fix our huge Offensive tackle problem. Stop looking for something that is just not there in muhhhhhh post please.

I think your exact words were "it couldn't be any worse" or something like that. Of course you weren't speaking literally, but predictably one of the usual suspects decided to be a dork about it and pretend like you were. Not talking about auol72 btw. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I think your exact words were "it couldn't be any worse" or something like that. Of course you weren't speaking literally, but predictably one of the usual suspects decided to be a dork about it and pretend like you were. Not talking about auol72 btw. 

depp.gif

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

The usual suspects talking about the usual suspects as usual. Put up your guns and let’s let all the usual suspects bring this to an end through usual suspect on usual suspect board violence.

me

giphy.gif

you:

source.gif

4 minutes ago, fredst said:

I hope my wife understands why why she is there

Merry Maids house service of course. All the womenz know that. 

8 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Are we still recruiting a QB who's last name is Tate from Arizona or California?

No, we were recruiting somebody named Theron that I was particularly excited about but they got deleted off of the thread too. Better luck next year....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Last year Auburn signed 15 in Dec. Any thoughts on who and how many we'll sign this Dec.

Will have a thread on it Monday or Tuesday but as of now 12 of the 16 commits plan to sign early, 3 plan to sign in February, & 1 is undecided when he will sign.