2019 Recruiting Thread

Zeek

World Bowl is replaying on CBS Sports network and Cam’ron Kelly just got an interception!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/26/2018 at 6:52 PM, HarrisBoy334 said:

Have u discussed the grad transfer Tyree Jackson outta Buffalo. If not what are ur thoughts about him on the field?

FWIW I only discuss & look into prospects that I have heard have interest from AU. Haven't heard his name connected w/ AU yet.

• Like 1

Added EE by the names for the January Enrollies in the OP. This class has 9. They are...

Bo Nix
D.J. Williams
Luke Deal
Tyler Fromm
Derick Hall
Colby Wooden
Owen Pappoe
Zion Puckett
Cam’Ron Kelly

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, TKO55 said:

Is there a way to view only prospects who did not sign in the early period on any of the sites?

No although it would be a good idea.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TKO55 said:

Is there a way to view only prospects who did not sign in the early period on any of the sites?

You can view the top 250 on some recruiting sites and it will give you something to go by!

Any thoughts on whether AU's play in the bowl game will influence some players for the Feb signing date?....or grad transfer or Juco?  

1 hour ago, toddc said:

You can view the top 250 on some recruiting sites and it will give you something to go by!

Well all 3 sites have a top 247, 250, or 300 where you can look bu their names to see if they are committed or not. That has always been the case though for recruiting sites since they started 20 years ago.

@TKO55 You can look at the Rivals 250 & ESPN 300 to see the top recruits that have & haven't signed. Right now 247 doesn't have a signed designation on their main rankings pages.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

Any thoughts on whether AU's play in the bowl game will influence some players for the Feb signing date?....or grad transfer or Juco?  

Virtually no affect. It rarely has an impact on same year recruits barring coaching changes.

Edited by ellitor
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Well all 3 sites have a top 247, 250, or 300 where you can look bu their names to see if they are committed or not. That has always been the case though for recruiting sites since they started 20 years ago.

@TKO55 You can look at the Rivals 250 & ESPN 300 to see the top recruits that have & haven't signed. Right now 247 doesn't have a signed designation on their main rankings pages.

Many thanks!

I want to sink or swim with what AU has here already. Can't always be looking for someone else's guy to bail us out.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tntigers said:

Brandon Wimbush

No topic yet?  

No & won't be til we hear AU is interested in him.

And honestly I don't want him. He's a career 50% passer. We already have 2 athletic QBs who are unproven college passers. We don't need to add an athletic QB who is proven to not be a college passer. Brandon Harris 2.0.

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

And personally some of you will yell at me, but I hope Malik W transfers to help force our coaching staff get 3 QBs ready for the A Day game.

- Cord, Joey and

- Bo

We can go with 3, don't need to split more reps with a QB who the staff doesn't trust to throw the ball.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Beaker said:

And personally some of you will yell at me, but I hope Malik W transfers to help force our coaching staff get 3 QBs ready for the A Day game.

- Cord, Joey and

- Bo

We can go with 3, don't need to split more reps with a QB who the staff doesn't trust to throw the ball.

I don't give a rat's butt about getting any number of QBs ready for A Day. It's a glorified vanilla ice cream show anyway. All I care about is having a QB ready for 2019.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Beaker said:

- Cord, Joey and

- Bo

Not going to yell at you at all.  I just hope he stays on the team.  Just at another position.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

No & won't be til we hear AU is interested in him.

And honestly I don't want him. He's a career 50% passer. We already have 2 athletic QBs who are unproven college passers. We don't need to add an athletic QB who is proven to not be a college passer. Brandon Harris 2.0.

Well I didn’t ask this to be hidden away in another thread, that’s why I started one.  I’m done with this site.  You people are always so negative and have overbearing fascism tendencies.

Edited by Tntigers

4 minutes ago, saminbama said:

Not going to yell at you at all.  I just hope he stays on the team.  Just at another position.

CB would be the only other potential position for him but we seem to be loading up there with other guys.

2 minutes ago, Tntigers said:

Well I didn’t ask this to be hidden away in another thread, that’s why I started one.  I’m done with this site.  You people are always so negative and overbearing fascism tendencies.

@Tntigers I'm sorry you feel this way but your post wasn't hidden. It can actually be hidden but there was no reason to hide it. It was just placed in the recruiting thread because there has been no word of AU interest. We always put threads on recruits that haven't had reported interest from AU either in this thread or in the Rivals Recruiting forum if it's been reported AU isn't interested. IMO there is no need for a thread on a guy in the AU Recruiting Forum without knowing or have heard there is interest from AU. Now if there are reports of AU interest then I will be happy to create a Wimbush thread starting with your OP on him despite my personal opinion of his college QB ability. Until then I don't see a point in there being a thread for him & maybe getting some people's hopes up on a guy for no reason.

• Like 2

Gus said in an interview that he thought the bowl game would help recruiting.  I would normally say one game wouldn't have much of an effect (and I know KN has said that), but not in this case.  Noah Cain's comments show the damage we've suffered. Opposition recruiters were using our unrest against us, but we look much more stable after the MCB.  Maybe it was just for one game, and maybe other factors were at play, like slow B10 speed, but our new organization worked and our offense was a lot better.  We have some positive things to talk about now, and that sure beats defending against negativity.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, im4au said:

Gus said in an interview that he thought the bowl game would help recruiting.  I would normally say one game wouldn't have much of an effect (and I know KN has said that), but not in this case.  Noah Cain's comments show the damage we've suffered. Opposition recruiters were using our unrest against us, but we look much more stable after the MCB.  Maybe it was just for one game, and maybe other factors were at play, like slow B10 speed, but our new organization worked and our offense was a lot better.  We have some positive things to talk about now, and that sure beats defending against negativity.

It won’t have an affect on this class. The best it can do is have an affect on the 2020 class if he builds on this win with a successful season next year. FWIW Cain was never coming to AU at all. Yes Gus’s job security hurt in the recruitment but it did not make a winnable difference.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, AU64 said:

A fine showing like that sure can't hurt anything. Just imagine all the negativism that would be flying around if we'd lost that game! Winning it changed a bad atmosphere into a good one. That may or may not sway some recruits but it's a good step in the right direction.

• Like 3