2019 Recruiting Thread

Zeek

4 hours ago, fredst said:

But do any of them like us?

Yes. Brothers and Russell. Plus as I have said before Henry has academic concerns.

Derrick Hall is listed at weak side defensive end on recruiting sites, but he has been quoted as saying he’ll play linebacker. What are those in the know saying and why would he have the impression he’s playing linebacker?

34 minutes ago, toddc said:

Derrick Hall is listed at weak side defensive end on recruiting sites, but he has been quoted as saying he’ll play linebacker. What are those in the know saying and why would he have the impression he’s playing linebacker?

He may see Buck as a LB but he is recruited for the Buck position. It may be a hybrid position moving forward. Also do you have a link to where you read what you read? Sounds like an interesting read.

17 minutes ago, ellitor said:

He may see Buck as a LB but he is recruited for the Buck position. It may be a hybrid position moving forward. Also do you have a link to where you read what you read? Sounds like an interesting read.

See last sentence.

Meet Auburn signee Derick Hall, a 6-foot-3 1/2, 215-pound 4-star prospect from Gulfport, Mississippi.

"Going in early is a huge thing. Big help," Hall said at the Under Armour All-American Game in Orlando, Florida. "Just trying to find myself, find myself fin the system is going to be huge. I'll go in do the best I can and try to get in a rhythm."

RELATED: Get complete coverage of Auburn football

That's why Hall opted to graduate from high school a semester early, enroll at Auburn this month and participate in spring practice.

"Get ahead of everybody else, it'll give me a better opportunity to play early," he said. "You get there in the summer, they're already focused on the first game, and you really don't have time to get developed, get used the coach, get used the system."

Auburn signed 16 players during college football’s early signing period, including Pappoe and Hall, who was listed as a weakside defensive end by recruiting services but said he expects to play linebacker.

It’s al.com so consider the source, but it is a quote!

Edited by toddc
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, toddc said:

See last sentence.

who was listed as a weakside defensive end by recruiting services but said he expects to play linebacker.

It’s al.com so consider the source, but it is a quote!

Likely what I posted above.

46 minutes ago, toddc said:

"Going in early is a huge thing. Big help," Hall said at the Under Armour All-American Game in Orlando, Florida. "Just trying to find myself, find myself fin the system is going to be huge. I'll go in do the best I can and try to get in a rhythm."

"Get ahead of everybody else, it'll give me a better opportunity to play early," he said. "You get there in the summer, they're already focused on the first game, and you really don't have time to get developed, get used the coach, get used the system."

Sounds like a humble, intelligent guy. 

Hall has his head screwed on right. He understands the advantage of playing spring ball and that helping him to get early PT. If he is a Buck I do hope what we saw in Purdue game continues where the Buck also plays some LB. It was a nice wrinkle that also can confuse the Offense plus getting somebody with his skill set as an LB can only help our LB rotation.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Hall has his head screwed on right. He understands the advantage of playing spring ball and that helping him to get early PT. If he is a Buck I do hope what we saw in Purdue game continues where the Buck also plays some LB. It was a nice wrinkle that also can confuse the Offense plus getting somebody with his skill set as an LB can only help our LB rotation.

Logic would dictate that either Hall or Jubinor, possibly both, should get a lot of practice time at LB and/or hybrid Buck.. We're down to the bare cupboard there, numbers-wise and we should be examining options. Both of those guys were exceptional high school LB's

Back last fall I heard a lengthy radio interview with Hall's mother. She's a Southern Miss grad and sounded like she really has it together. Very impressive lady!

• Like 2

Any interest here @ellitor ? I think he was a highly rated dual threat qb out of high school.

Can confirm: Tate Martell is in the NCAA transfer portal. Allows him the opportunity to speak to another school about a possible transfer from Ohio State.
Edited by toddc
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, toddc said:
Any interest here @ellitor ? I think he was a highly rated dual threat qb out of high school.

Can confirm: Tate Martell is in the NCAA transfer portal. Allows him the opportunity to speak to another school about a possible transfer from Ohio State.

It’s rarely known the minute a name pops up  on the transfer market if a school has interest or not. With that said, Jalen hurts is the priority. Even if we don’t land hurts I don’t see us going after this kid because he’s an undergrad. The only QBs Auburn will be looking at will be grad transfers  because they’re only looking for one year potential bridge gap QB. 

Edited by ellitor
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

In NCAA transfer portal.... wonder if we’d bite 

As I told Todd highly unlikely.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25729548/ohio-state-buckeye-quarterback-tate-martell-enters-name-ncaa-transfer-portal-according-source

Would Auburn have any interest? This kid could work great in our offense. I remember him at Bishop Gorman in Las Vegas in High School. Kid can definitely run and has a decent arm, Not the biggest,  Jimbo probably has a good shot of landing him at Tamu.....He was committed there before going to tOSU

Edited by Tigerpro2a
addition

45 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25729548/ohio-state-buckeye-quarterback-tate-martell-enters-name-ncaa-transfer-portal-according-source

Would Auburn have any interest? This kid could work great in our offense. I remember him at Bishop Gorman in Las Vegas in High School. Kid can definitely run and has a decent arm, Not the biggest,  Jimbo probably has a good shot of landing him at Tamu.....He was committed there before going to tOSU

@Tigerpro2a covered in the 2019 recruiting thread 6 hours ago which is where I moved your post. Look up 3 posts from yours.

I thought Tate wanted to compete against fields ? At least that is what his twitter fingers was saying a couple of months ago. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, DAG said:

I thought Tate wanted to compete against fields ? At least that is what his twitter fingers was saying a couple of months ago. 

sure he did...............................

8 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

sure he did...............................

Oh wow i completely forgot about that.....he sho nuf did didnt he.....something along the lines of dont choose wrong a second time around

Edited by Tigerpro2a
  • Like 1

Now we just need the elite closer and Recruiter Butch Thompson to close this out for us! lol

• Like 2

• Like 1