2019 Recruiting Thread

Zeek

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

How could anyone say no to this guy when he is recruiting you to his site?! lmao 

e.jpg

JGT has great hair but he's too old for that hair style.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, ellitor said:

We can't pay him in VooDoo Wings like JGT can.

Never heard of voodoo wings. But in Oregon, there was a place called voodoo donuts. The best donuts I've ever eaten. I think they have come east now also. Pretty sure there is one in Orlando and Austin Texas now. Pretty soon they will most likely be everywhere. They are that good.

IMG_5626-768x576.jpg

IMG_5707.jpg

IMG_5636.jpg

• Like 1

Love the sign "Good Things Come In Pink Boxes".  You damn right they do lol.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Prediction: If we beat Florida in basketball tonight, then we'll get all of our remaining targets on Wednesday.  Things are either really awesome on the Plains, or really sucky.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Its probably slim chance but I wish we would go after Eyabi Anoma. Unbelievable talent. I bet he goes to Maryland though... Back home and follows his coach. 

https://247sports.com/Player/Eyabi-Anoma-46037175/high-school-187412/

Edited by Randman5000
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

We need to sign an OT

Or get a good undergrad after Spring Ball when the next wave of transfers happen.

On 2/4/2019 at 12:51 AM, WFE12 said:

Excuse my ignorance. I haven't been following recruiting for a while. Is this guy DJ Williams just another Boobee..Qb turned RB?

He's not a QB.  That kid runs downhill and behind his pads...he's got all the makings of a thoroughbred RB.  Could be really special if we can build him an O line.

• Love 1

2 hours ago, hogand29 said:

So is the excitement over for us in recruiting today after the Brothers announcement coming up soon? 

For today yes. There’s still four open spots Available. I think one or two of them will go to transfers eventually.

Rather disappointing day with the misses on Cox, Pickens and Henry. 

Gus seemed very confident this morning, so he must have misread the tea leafs.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

leafs? Really?

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

19 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

leafs? Really?

Leaves. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

Missing on Pickens turns out to be a positive. Considering that he was reported by more than one site to be on the Auburn campus Sunday afternoon playing buddy-buddy with our players and coaches and then stabbed them in the back three days later, we're better off with him elsewhere.

It was never clear that Cox had a committable offer. His only opportunity at AU may have been at OT and he wasn't interested in switching sides of the ball.

Henry would have been a nice pickup. he's the only one of the 'finalists" that I consider to be a loss.

12 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Missing on Pickens turns out to be a positive. Considering that he was reported by more than one site to be on the Auburn campus Sunday afternoon playing buddy-buddy with our players and coaches and then stabbed them in the back three days later, we're better off with him elsewhere.

It was never clear that Cox had a committable offer. His only opportunity at AU may have been at OT and he wasn't interested in switching sides of the ball.

Henry would have been a nice pickup. he's the only one of the 'finalists" that I consider to be a loss.

Smart gets off on doing this kind of thing to Gus.  It's weird, really.

44 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

Rather disappointing day with the misses on Cox, Pickens and Henry

Pickens is disappointing should he be able to qualify. Missing Cox and Henry, meh. The bigger disappointment is having a big lead for Putnam and Morris early in the cycle and not landing those important OL targets.

45 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

Standard publicity stuff the athletic staff had to tweet out. He looked and sounded frustrated this afternoon and his press conference.

5 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Pickens is disappointing should he be able to qualify. Missing Cox and Henry, meh. The bigger disappointment is having a big lead for Putnam and Morris early in the cycle and not landing those important OL targets.

Standard publicity stuff the athletic staff had to tweet out. He looked and sounded frustrated this afternoon and his press conference.

nobody appreciates being lied to...when there was no reason for it.

14 minutes ago, AU64 said:

nobody appreciates being lied to...when there was no reason for it.

More to it than that IMO like the massive misses on the OL crootin front.

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

Agree with you except Cox. Could have used him as an OT. Perhaps the recruiting strategy in the future should be to over sign on DL and convert some of them to OT.

Also agree with you that the early signing period was an A followed up by a C for NSD for an average grade of a B.