Buffalo GT QB Tyree Jackson Enters NFL Draft (Update 1/6/19)

tigermac

Grad Transfer Tyree Jackson

Haven't seen this posted yet but people think we may be a destination for him. 6'7" 245 with a cannon for an arm. Trending up as an NFL prospect. 32 career starts, 2018 MAC Offensive Player of the Year

2018 stats: 225/407 (55.3%) 28 TD - 12 INT. 7 rushing TDs.

Led Buffalo to 10-4 record. 

https://youtu.be/PKxNAyvQEvg

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, tigermac said:

Grad Transfer Tyree Jackson

Haven't seen this posted yet but people think we may be a destination for him. 6'7" 245 with a cannon for an arm. Trending up as an NFL prospect. 32 career starts, 2018 MAC Offensive Player of the Year

2018 stats: 225/407 (55.3%) 28 TD - 12 INT. 7 rushing TDs.

Led Buffalo to 10-4 record. 

https://youtu.be/PKxNAyvQEvg

AU seems to be his top choice but AU has not reached out to him yet FWIW.

11 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Makes a lot of sense. Could be a good bridge to the Bo Nix era. If Malzahn is going to call plays, having a QB that can run power would be tremendous. Allen Greene likely knows him a little bit, maybe that could help. 55% completion worries me but you can't teach his raw talent.

5 minutes ago, tigermac said:

Makes a lot of sense. Could be a good bridge to the Bo Nix era. If Malzahn is going to call plays, having a QB that can run power would be tremendous. Allen Greene likely knows him a little bit, maybe that could help. 55% completion worries me but you can't teach his raw talent.

See my edited post. Not sure if we will make a play for him. We haven't yet while other teams like Wisky, Miami, & Utah have.

49 minutes ago, ellitor said:

See my edited post. Not sure if we will make a play for him. We haven't yet while other teams like Wisky, Miami, & Utah have.

Can he play OL?

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

AU is the default 1st choice for QB transfers. They assume we probably need a QB because we normally do. Hope this one doesn't happen.

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

Can he play OL?

You are asking the right questions! lol

2 hours ago, tigermac said:

Completion rate is affected by drops as we all know very well so he could be more accurate than it appears. 

7 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Completion rate is affected by drops as we all know very well so he could be more accurate than it appears. 

It’s also effected by great catches.

We didn't want Russell Wilson we're DEFINITELY not going to want him as a fan base. We're a school stuck in traditionalism, that's just how it is, if Bo Nix doesn't work out I don't know what this school is going to do

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

We didn't want Russell Wilson we're DEFINITELY not going to want him as a fan base. We're a school stuck in traditionalism, that's just how it is, if Bo Nix doesn't work out I don't know what this school is going to do

Wait we didn't? As in the fans or the coaches? Because the coaches went after Russ ferociously. But we lost a severely important crutin battle to freaking Burt man................ That hurts like hell. 

42 minutes ago, gr82be said:

And poor OL play that increases QB chances of making ill advised throws. Apparently Buffalo had a mediocre OL this season.

35 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

It’s also effected by great catches.

True but drops happen much more frequently in college than great catches.

16 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I could have sworn a lot of AU fans wanted RW. I know I did. Seemed like Chiz was one of the few people who didn't want RW. FWIW I just noticed going into his last season of college RW was only a 57.8* passer, not much better than TJ's 55.7%.

20 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Wait we didn't? As in the fans or the coaches? Because the coaches went after Russ ferociously. But we lost a severely important crutin battle to freaking Burt man................ That hurts like hell. 

Well the coaches except Chiz.

Just now, ellitor said:

Well the coaches except Chiz.

MAN Chiz really knew how to evaluate QBs........ LMAO

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

The fan base in general, but it's things like this that's dumb as hell, unless he's demanding to be the starter it makes ABSOLUTELY no sense to not get him here....I want to say Marshall's stats weren't the greatest....but stidham's play this season was as lackluster as you'll really see. Convered up by a bunch of sacks and screens. All people talked about was his accuracy. Even AFTER Marshall's time here you get a bunch of people saying he couldn't throw because he didn't play QB in the NFL. Even though you seen him make throws under pressure you've never seen stidham make....don't matter because things like that people say follows you. 

Only thought should be get him and if he lives up he propels you to where you couldn't go, if not just go with what you had before him....house money. Just the way he moves as far as how big he is should be enough to get him down here....but we have a pretty good list of passing the guys we really should go after so I'm not surprised per se.....but what do we have to lose? It's not like we have a stable of #1 thoroughbreds

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

When Gatewood was a high school sophomore you were saying then he was ready to be AU's starting QB. It's put up or shut up time for your man Gatewood!

For ever and ever, we've been told that AU's ideal is to have four scholarship QB's on the squad. We'll have that come Spring practice. Lets buckle down with the four we've got and let to cream rise to the top. There's a good chance that bringing in any GT QB will only muddy the water. There are four quality prospects here, all with somewhat different skill sets and all need some improvement. Enough is enough! Coach up what we've got and let the one and done guys go somewhere else.

Another way of putting it is that there's enough raw material already here. We don't need another warm body, we need those here to step up. Hopefully Coach Dillingham can get this done.

I watched about half of Buffalo’s bowl game, which is a very small sample size. Physically, T.J. is quite the specimen. Very large man with a cannon of an arm and very athletic. I was not impressed by the way he carried himself though. Seemed to stay frustrated at teammates and a lot of eye rolling when things broke down. This is before I had any idea he was transferring. Again, a very small sample size of a mans football career and maybe my perception was wrong. 

6 hours ago, Mikey said:

For ever and ever, we've been told that AU's ideal is to have four scholarship QB's on the squad. We'll have that come Spring practice. Lets buckle down with the four we've got and let to cream rise to the top. There's a good chance that bringing in any GT QB will only muddy the water. There are four quality prospects here, all with somewhat different skill sets and all need some improvement. Enough is enough! Coach up what we've got and let the one and done guys go somewhere else.

Another way of putting it is that there's enough raw material already here. We don't need another warm body, we need those here to step up. Hopefully Coach Dillingham can get this done.

This is one of the dumbest things I ever heard....but go with what I was saying in another thread about how Auburn fans are with tradition and such.....goes against mostly everything you say as far as attrition and things like that, but let's say that it didn't can you go deeper in the logic, feel free to bring examples as to why you don't want a physical prototype with starting experience to come in at a place where none of the guys have starting experience also a school who has had proven success with both transfers and physical specimens at the QB position? 

Explain to me the problem with having too many good prospects? What examples of this? You said a good chance to muddy the waters? What do you mean? You mean you think your head coach would mess up picking out a guy to start? You're good with him making a decision with 4 guys but 5 guys makes you doubt his credibility and accuracy? That's his limit? Too much to handle? 

But it's cool I'm like you, let's hitch this train to a true freshman and get this over with so we can get whatever new coach we're going to get and let the healing process begin asap

32 minutes ago, cole256 said:

This is one of the dumbest things I ever heard....but go with what I was saying in another thread about how Auburn fans are with tradition and such.....goes against mostly everything you say as far as attrition and things like that, but let's say that it didn't can you go deeper in the logic, feel free to bring examples as to why you don't want a physical prototype with starting experience to come in at a place where none of the guys have starting experience also a school who has had proven success with both transfers and physical specimens at the QB position? 

Explain to me the problem with having too many good prospects? What examples of this? You said a good chance to muddy the waters? What do you mean? You mean you think your head coach would mess up picking out a guy to start? You're good with him making a decision with 4 guys but 5 guys makes you doubt his credibility and accuracy? That's his limit? Too much to handle? 

But it's cool I'm like you, let's hitch this train to a true freshman and get this over with so we can get whatever new coach we're going to get and let the healing process begin asap

Mikey didn't want Davis Webb, either. Because we had so many quality QBs on our roster in 2016. 

You're right about fans and Russell Wilson. A lot of people didn't want him because they were scared we'd hurt the feelings of guys like Zeke Pike and Tyrik Rollison and they'd want to transfer. Man, we really dodged a bullet there!

It's crazy that we're already having this conversation again. 

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Mikey didn't want Davis Webb, either. Because we had so many quality QBs on our roster in 2016. 

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

You're right about fans and Russell Wilson. A lot of people didn't want him because they were scared we'd hurt the feelings of guys like Zeke Pike and Tyrik Rollison and they'd want to transfer.

Thanks! Had forgotten some felt this way.

10 hours ago, cole256 said:

We're a school stuck in traditionalism...

What tradition are you referring to?

Archived