Buffalo GT QB Tyree Jackson Enters NFL Draft (Update 1/6/19)

tigermac

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

No I haven't seen it, I'd remember if I had because I probably would've challenged it....but who said it? Any one of the.insiders?

In fairness to the post about 4qbs on the roster, I have seen it stated as well. Don’t have a dog in this fight but just saying.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No I haven't seen it, I'd remember if I had because I probably would've challenged it....but who said it? Any one of the.insiders?

I don't think Mikey Mouse knows what "at least" means. As in, we'd like to have at least 4 QBs on roster in the spring. Probably don't need an insider to arrive at that conclusion.

Nobody ever said that we are shooting to have exactly 4 QBs on scholarship at all times. He might honestly think that, but it's not true. 

44 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I haven't watched him play. Which is why I don't know how talented he is. All I know is his high school resume, which "screams" sign him. Which is why I'm not questioning the signing.

I provided the links, but ok. You said that Jackson has more potential than Sandberg. How you arrived at that conclusion, I'm not sure. But you seem to think potential matters when it comes to Jackson. But when I said that Sandberg had more potential than some other guys, your comment- 2 posts later- was, "You know what they say about potential." So then you didn't think potential mattered. 

Yeah. We're on a message board.

I don't claim that he has potential. He does have it. See your comments about Gatewood and Newton. That word is causing you a lot of problems today. What I didn't say is that he's actually any better than the other guys. And yeah, I also hope that somebody provides more than depth. I'm pretty sure that will happen. Other than just that one game 2 years ago, most teams usually have a starting quarterback. So yeah, I feel good about at least one guy providing more than quality depth. 

LMAO? What? Quote where I said potential didn't matter at all? Potential is fine and dandy, if you are doing something with it. 

I even said Cord Sandberg could potentially be like Tebow but you know what they say about potential? 

In terms of Jackson. I don't have a clue if he could be a quality power 5 QB. Again, I will apply my same qualifiers. He has the potential, but you know what they say about potential? You might want to Google the answer to that question. I will give you a lifeline here. It doesn't say anything about potential not meaning anything. 

With that being said, I have seen what Jackson can do against collegiate athletes and that's more then anything Cord has done in the last several years. The same applies to MW, JG. You are basing your expectations on what someone did in high school in 2012 and I am basing my expectations on what I have seen in the last year of these players. So yes, I am going to give them the benefit of a doubt over Cord Sandberg. But we can talk all day. We have done this before, let's see how it plays out. 

You keep speaking about quality depth? Lol.  if Cord Samdberg had not signed at all this year what it have made much of a difference in QUALITY depth? And if it is about quality of depth then why are you so much on your feeling about my opinion of Jackson in terms of Cord?

I think we are waiting on Jalen Hurts. It may or may not be possible. But he’s a take and I would go ahead and tell him he’s my starter. This other guy, Jackson, I have not seen enough to make a decision. But if it was up to me, I would tell him,we have 4 QB options we like. We have a scholarship but you have to win the competition outright. We are not playing a guy with one year of eligibility if he is not a clearly better option than our younger guys.. then if he goes elsewhere and sets the woods on fire; i jump off a bridge.lol 

26 minutes ago, DAG said:

You are basing your expectations

You've failed to grasp a word I've said, even after I clarified myself. One more time. I have no expectations for Sandberg. 

What's funny is that this sounds exactly the crap people threw at me when I said that Sean White would get a fair shot at QB. I didn't say that he was better than Jeremy Johnson or that he would win the job. Only that he was a pretty good QB prospect and he might push Jeremy. Not sure why folks get so emotional when all you do is suggest that a guy who was given a scholarship might be okay at football. 

12 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

You've failed to grasp a word I've said, even after I clarified myself. One more time. I have no expectations for Sandberg. 

What's funny is that this sounds exactly the crap people threw at me when I said that Sean White would get a fair shot at QB. I didn't say that he was better than Jeremy Johnson or that he would win the job. Only that he was a pretty good QB prospect and he might push Jeremy. Not sure why folks get so emotional when all you do is suggest that a guy who was given a scholarship might be okay at football. 

Then why are you so upset about my personal opinion about Jackson in regards to sandberg? A guy with absolutely zero to none expectations would seriously not be this up in arms about my PERSONAL opinion about Cord Sandberg.  So if you don’t have any expectations for this guy then there really was no need for you to have provided your .02 cents in the original discussion between me and Tiger.

48 minutes ago, toddc said:

In fairness to the post about 4qbs on the roster, I have seen it stated as well. Don’t have a dog in this fight but just saying.

So you saw multiple people say you need exactly 4 or at least 4?

43 minutes ago, alexava said:

I think we are waiting on Jalen Hurts. It may or may not be possible. But he’s a take and I would go ahead and tell him he’s my starter. This other guy, Jackson, I have not seen enough to make a decision. But if it was up to me, I would tell him,we have 4 QB options we like. We have a scholarship but you have to win the competition outright. We are not playing a guy with one year of eligibility if he is not a clearly better option than our younger guys.. then if he goes elsewhere and sets the woods on fire; i jump off a bridge.lol 

Is this really a thing? Why on earth would be come here?

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

Then why are you so upset about my personal opinion about Jackson in regards to sandberg? A guy with absolutely zero to none expectations would seriously not be this up in arms about my PERSONAL opinion about Cord Sandberg. 

I don't think I've opined on your opinion of Jackson at all, much less acted upset about it. Nor am I remotely up in arms about your opinion of Sandberg. I don't see how you have such a strong one since you seem to know very little about him, but you're certainly entitled to it. The problem lies elsewhere and I think I'll let it continue to lie there. We've almost ruined this thread but it still has a chance to survive. 

13 minutes ago, cole256 said:

So you saw multiple people say you need exactly 4 or at least 4?

Just that four was the minimum, like you have stated I believe! To me when you get over four you start getting transfer or position change.

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I don't think I've opined on your opinion of Jackson at all, much less acted upset about it. Nor am I remotely up in arms about your opinion of Sandberg. I don't see how you have such a strong one since you seem to know very little about him, but you're certainly entitled to it. The problem lies elsewhere and I think I'll let it continue to lie there. We've almost ruined this thread but it still has a chance to survive. 

My opinion is pretty simple about Cord lol. But yes I agree let’s get back to talk about Jackson, who we actually have collegiate game film on.

11 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

This thread was SO much better when it was Margot Robbie-centric. Just saying.....

Of course, the last time I took a thread in this direction it was focused on Charlize Theron and the mods deleted it all. Freakin' mods.....I blame Gus 

18 minutes ago, toddc said:

Just that four was the minimum, like you have stated I believe! To me when you get over four you start getting transfer or position change.

Ok. Mikey is saying something a little different. I think in our situation the number doesn't matter the person does. If the freshman wins the job that may be what stirs up transferring or not

Is this really a thing? Why on earth would be come here?

No idea. Others here claiming we are his top choice. Yet our coaches have not reached out. Most transfers are assured the starting job one way or another. This way he is welcome to compete but not highly sought after. And I still haven’t watched much film on him. No idea if he would be worth a full out recruitment or not.  It if you tell him up front he can have a shot at the job but no guarantees you only lose a scholarship.

kelly Bryant or Jalen Hurts are guaranteed starters wherever they go. 

4 hours ago, DAG said:

Or we could have waited and picked up a grad transfer like the one we are talking about on this thread, no? But like I said, the coaching staff seen something they liked in this guy. I don’t ever think he will start a snap here but I could be wrong.

But DAG, that is presuming such a guy like Tyree would be available now. Obviously there was no way to know that when Sandberg was brought in. The bird in hand thing

1 hour ago, fredst said:

This thread was SO much better when it was Margot Robbie-centric. Just saying.....

Of course, the last time I took a thread in this direction it was focused on Charlize Theron and the mods deleted it all. Freakin' mods.....I blame Gus 

To recap this thread:

brutal ...

margot robbie ... 

brutal ...

Some more stats. These numbers include walk-ons. 

-bama has 6 QBs on roster, with no seniors and 2 juniors. Only Hurts is expected to possibly leave. They have 2 committed in the current class.

-uga has 5, with no seniors or juniors. Only Fields is leaving. They have 3 committed in the current class.

-Clemson started the season with 5. One already transferred. The other 4 are all freshmen. They have 1 committed in the current class.

-We have 6, with one senior and one junior. Both will be leaving. We have 1 committed in the current class.

So barring unexpected attrition or additional commitments, that's 7, 7, 5 and 5 going into 2019. We'd be on the low end of that group even if we added a guy. 

30 minutes ago, alexava said:

No idea. Others here claiming we are his top choice. Yet our coaches have not reached out. Most transfers are assured the starting job one way or another. This way he is welcome to compete but not highly sought after. And I still haven’t watched much film on him. No idea if he would be worth a full out recruitment or not.  It if you tell him up front he can have a shot at the job but no guarantees you only lose a scholarship.

kelly Bryant or Jalen Hurts are guaranteed starters wherever they go. 

I don't believe we're his first choice, I don't think we're on the list

If we have the space and he’s good then reach out to him. Even if we have someone higher on our board, at least reach out to him and establish some form of relationship. I really don’t see the negative in going after him. I’m certainly not worried about qb chemistry or whatever like some were with Wilson. 

Let's just all be honest, take personal feelings about posters out of it. There's no logic in a school who doesn't have a QB on the roster with any starting experience, actually barely any game experience, should turn down a starting physical build prototype......none. Doesn't make sense. That's like if the Golden State warriors said no to Kevin Durant because they have enough players. Or bammer and Clemson saying no we're ok at the QB position from last year we don't want anybody else.

There isn't any negatives, if he's something special we can make a run, because if he lives up to half his potential he helps your o line......or he's just the worst QB the coaches have seen......you move him to tight end and have a mismatch weapon on offense. It's house money. 

I don't believe we're his first choice, I don't think we're on the list

I don’t remember who posted that we are his first choice. It might have been a link to some other site. I was assuming it was correct. But I have no idea to be honest. 

Let's just all be honest, take personal feelings about posters out of it. There's no logic in a school who doesn't have a QB on the roster with any starting experience, actually barely any game experience, should turn down a starting physical build prototype......none. Doesn't make sense. That's like if the Golden State warriors said no to Kevin Durant because they have enough players. Or bammer and Clemson saying no we're ok at the QB position from last year we don't want anybody else.

There isn't any negatives, if he's something special we can make a run, because if he lives up to half his potential he helps your o line......or he's just the worst QB the coaches have seen......you move him to tight end and have a mismatch weapon on offense. It's house money. 

I kinda get that. Maybe he feels better about Joey since his injuries are healed and his bowl practice performances. The only negative would be he thinks he’s got better potential at the position and doesn’t want to lie and ruin the kids last year of eligibility. 

16 minutes ago, cole256 said:

This seems so obvious to me. 

We know absolutely nothing about any of the guys we're going into next year with, other than 2 of them can run and 1 of those makes bad decisions on option plays. 

55 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

But DAG, that is presuming such a guy like Tyree would be available now. Obviously there was no way to know that when Sandberg was brought in. The bird in hand thing

I agree with that. But point has remained the same. I wouldn’t have offered Cord a scholarship. It could be now or last summer . Again that’s just me. I don’t think he adds anything to the table. Based on PT, he was #4 on the depth chart this year. So even if you argue depth, we already had depth with MW and JG. I would have been fine with having those three guys on the roster.  Which brings me to my next point and I hope to get answered . Why aren’t we interested in Tyree? That is what ultimately baffles me. 

2 hours ago, fredst said:

Ain't that the damn truth.....just damn it to hell

Archived