Buffalo GT QB Tyree Jackson Enters NFL Draft (Update 1/6/19)

tigermac

1 hour ago, DAG said:

You have some valid points and can bring some good ribbings at times, but you got to just take the L on this one, bud. LOL. To be fair, both you and Cole downplayed his speed, but nevertheless, he has much more straight-line speed than Stidham. That is saying a lot for a 6'7 guy too.

I didn't know what cam ran but what I did see he moved like cam. If I had knowncam ran a 4.5 then I would've said this guy will too. I just had in my head cam ran a high 4.6 I don't know who I was getting him mixed up with but I knew it was stupid to say Jackson was slow if you really watched his film

But don't worry Miley won't be back

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, DAG said:

Fair, but why didn't you address the contextual point? 

Mikey 101.

Mikey just return and say you were wrong in this instance and all will be forgiven haha. We all have to eat crow! I’ve had my share of some.

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

Mikey just return and say you were wrong

I have a better chance of getting a date with Anna Kendrick.

3 hours ago, DAG said:

Mikey just return and say you were wrong in this instance and all will be forgiven haha. We all have to eat crow! I’ve had my share of some.

Man listen this guy could be named Aaron Joe Peyton Brady throw 99 yards off his back leg screaming war eagle and whistling dixie out of his ass Mikey would still not want him

22 hours ago, DAG said:

Fair, but why didn't you address the contextual point? 

Because if one addresses one of Cole's points, Cole attempts to move the point, which makes addressing one of Cole's points pointless. :) I can hit a flying quail with a shotgun, but Cole moves his points faster than those birds move.

40 times are one thing, but moving around the pocket and avoiding the rush is something entirely different. I don't think Jackson is any quicker than Stidham in moving like that. If you can find it, watch Jackson's last game with Buffalo. I could see taking Bryant, he might have helped us.. Jackson? I'd rather stick with the four we already have.

Just came across this Yahoo article, regarding Jackson. There is buzz, and there are critics. As with all QB prospects, time will tell whether he lives up to his measurables. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/why-the-nfl-combine-is-buzzing-over-a-hardthrowing-qb-whos-messing-up-peoples-money-224434463.html

Why the NFL combine is buzzing over a hard-throwing QB who's 'messing up people's money'

The NFL prospect who learned drills from watching youtube

INDIANAPOLIS – Don’t kill the wide receivers.

It’s not the most conventional lesson to be learned at the NFL scouting combine, but it will surely be part of the buzzy narrative that follows Buffalo quarterback Tyree Jackson wherever he’s drafted in a few months. Just part of a building mythology, from his size (6-foot-7 and 249 pounds) to the jaw-dropping 40-yard dash (4.59 seconds) and the 34.5-inch vertical that will likely make him the most athletic quarterback in this draft not named Kyler Murray.

Unlike the Oklahoma Heisman Trophy winner, Jackson decided to throw at the combine – leading to one of the more eyebrow-raising moments in the drills. Specifically, when he continually unleashed short-area fireballs in the “gauntlet”, which is meant to test the ability of receivers to catch and react while running a line and simultaneously catching balls from multiple quarterbacks.

Jackson’s problem? He appeared to be slightly overzealous with his throws.

“Tyree Jackson just tried to kill him,” NFL Network analyst Daniel Jeremiah joked after a shot from Jackson skipped off a receiver’s hands. “He just threw a lightning bolt.”

That was only the beginning. Within minutes, the broadcast was focused almost entirely on Jackson throwing lasers in the drill, with former Dallas Cowboy wideout Michael Irvin breaking down in laughter and former Carolina Panthers and Baltimore Ravens star receiver Steve Smith actually making his way over to the Buffalo quarterback to give him a piece of his mind.

Smith’s message? Stop trying to take the heads off receivers.

“I know this is a job interview, but someone needs to throw the ball back to Jackson one of those times and he’ll get the message,” Smith said. “He’s messing up people’s money over here.”

Eventually cameras cut to Smith lecturing Jackson on the field before the drill had even ended – all while Irvin and the booth laughed hysterically.

“Man, we over here trying to make millions of dollars, he over there b.s.-ing, throwing the ball so damn hard,” Smith said.

Former Buffalo quarterback Tyree Jackson has become arguably the most intriguing quarterback prospect this side of Kyler Murray. (AP)

If Jackson ever makes good on his touted skills, Smith’s combine intervention will end up being the stuff of legend. In a way, it already is. In a fairly average quarterback class and with Murray sitting out of drills, Jackson has devoured the social media impressions during the combine – which isn’t unusual in a process that is always looking for the dark-horse quarterback who becomes a massive middle-round score.

Undoubtedly, the intrigue and curiosity will already help wherever Jackson lands next, helping to further the opinion of some that he’s one of the more interesting physical prospects (if not the most interesting) at the quarterback spot. In a way, he’s the opposite end of the spectrum of the 5-foot-10 Murray, confronted with some similar questions about how often a player of his size actually succeeds in the NFL at the quarterback position.

And that’s where it gets more interesting when it comes to Jackson. If you’re willing to listen to the more critical thoughts of evaluators, the scouting assessment has been less flowery and electric than those of the media or an array of professional draft analysts. While Jackson has been painted as the big quarterback with the big arm, some NFL personnel evaluators who spoke to Yahoo Sports were far more critical, painting Jackson as a hyped-up prospect who is exponentially more raw than the recent NFL quarterback draft pick with whom he’s most often compared – the Buffalo Bills’ Josh Allen.

At first glance, the comparison to Allen would seem to fit: two massively sized small school quarterbacks, both with some notable athleticism for their size and each reputed to have a big arm and accuracy issues. But a handful of NFL evaluators threw that comparison into a virtual ice bath over the weekend, essentially suggesting it was a “lazy eyeballs” assessment.

Following a set of throwing drills on Saturday in which Jackson appeared to have held his own with the first-round quarterbacks, several evaluators actually took aim at Jackson’s arm and suggested it’s not as big as people make it out to be.

“His arm strength is fine, but I think a lot of people equate ‘big’ to strong arm, when [Jackson’s] is more in the league average range,” one evaluator said.

Tyree Jackson's measurables have popped at the combine, but he might want to scale back the energy a bit when throwing to wide receivers. (Reuters)

Senior Bowl director Jim Nagy – whose game hosted Jackson in January – equated Jackson’s arm to having “starter-level” NFL talent. That alone will get him on the board of every team in the league, but it’s also a far cry from being anything generational.

In other words, he has an NFL arm that can put him at the top of a depth chart, but it’s not on the plateau of Allen, whose zip has often been placed in the rarefied John Elway territory. The evaluator also added that Jackson isn’t the same overall athlete as Allen. Other evaluators took issue with Jackson’s mechanics or long throwing motion, which one personnel man called “whacked.”

The overall assessment? Last year, Allen was seen as a guy who was raw, but Jackson is being painted as an exponentially bigger project. Which is saying something, considering Allen was often pilloried as being a prospect who would take several years to develop.

That doesn’t mean Jackson won’t get plenty of buzz, of course. The lower he goes, the easier it will be to generate the excitement of a raw-skill quarterback with intriguing potential and a ceiling that could be high, depending on his level of coaching in college. And you can guarantee that latter aspect will be a big selling point for some teams, as it’s not unusual for quarterbacks to get much better coaching in the NFL when they are getting plucked out of smaller schools with more limited resources.

One thing is for certain: Jackson is exactly the type of quarterback who generates some excitement when he gets drafted in the middle rounds. He’s big, extremely fast for his size, looks strong and has an arm live enough to put some pressure on the guys in front of him. In a league continually scrounging for quarterback talent, that’s the kind of thing that not only gets a player drafted – it occasionally gets an NFL team to take a swing a little earlier in the draft than anyone expected.

Time will tell if that happens with Jackson. But his buzz, whether it’s mythology or reality, is already undeniable. And that will likely only grow in the coming months, regardless of how many wide receivers he attempts to decapitate on national television.

Ad: 9 seconds

More from Yahoo Sports:

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

Because if one addresses one of Cole's points, Cole attempts to move the point, which makes addressing one of Cole's points pointless. :) I can hit a flying quail with a shotgun, but Cole moves his points faster than those birds move.

Lol that's funny when everybody says that's what YOU do..... Don't try to put your faults on me, we all have them but I'm not like you. See your post about moving in the pocket? That's what you just did instead of just saying you were wrong. People would've respected you if you had, but it's not anything you can do. 

Also just saying you came to the conclusion of moving around in the pocket is dumb as hell to. I watched that game and he didn't show that he was slow in that regard either, but even if he had that would be one game. Cam had a couple of games that made him not look like his usual self. You just ran your mouth without watching the guy play. It's plain as day. It's ok though we knew that already.

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

40 times are one thing, but moving around the pocket and avoiding the rush is something entirely different. I don't think Jackson is any quicker than Stidham in moving like that. If you can find it, watch Jackson's last game with Buffalo. I could see taking Bryant, he might have helped us.. Jackson? I'd rather stick with the four we already have.

Maybe but originally we were talking about speed in general Mikey lol. Come on man you know that. Also, moving in the pocket is a true skill set that both probably should work on. The least athletic guy we had at QB, SW, was the best at it IMO during Gus’s tenure here.

11 hours ago, DAG said:

Maybe but originally we were talking about speed in general Mikey lol. Come on man you know that. Also, moving in the pocket is a true skill set that both probably should work on. The least athletic guy we had at QB, SW, was the best at it IMO during Gus’s tenure here.

No we weren't talking about speed in general, at least I wasn't.  I said Jackson doesn't move any better than Stidham, or didn't move as well as Stidham, either one works. In anybody's vocabulary "move" applies to avoiding the rush behind the line. The word speed or fast would apply to someone's 40 time. After watching two seasons of Stidham, I watched Jackson play his bowl game. He may run the 40 in 4.2 for all I know, but he doesn't move as well as Stidham.

17 hours ago, Mikey said:

No we weren't talking about speed in general, at least I wasn't.  I said Jackson doesn't move any better than Stidham, or didn't move as well as Stidham, either one works. In anybody's vocabulary "move" applies to avoiding the rush behind the line. The word speed or fast would apply to someone's 40 time. After watching two seasons of Stidham, I watched Jackson play his bowl game. He may run the 40 in 4.2 for all I know, but he doesn't move as well as Stidham.

Lol now he doesn't move as well as stidham....all that game film of stidham falling down when the rush approaches him must have been the deal breaker.....you don't have to say anything else, we all see your character

On 1/5/2019 at 7:51 AM, Mikey said:

Do you see what you yourself just wrote here? Maybe read it and re-think that statement. He may move as well as Stidham, it would be real close between those two. Gatewood's faster than both.

Oh btw YOU used the word faster

16 hours ago, cole256 said:

Oh btw YOU used the word faster

About Gatewood. You get 0 points for a failed flail.

10 hours ago, Mikey said:

About Gatewood. You get 0 points for a failed flail.

You're so slow. Yeah it shows how your overall thought was talking about the different QB's speed.....takes a certain type of pathetic to lie on a forum of people you don't even know. 

11 hours ago, cole256 said:

You're so slow. Yeah it shows how your overall thought was talking about the different QB's speed.....takes a certain type of pathetic to lie on a forum of people you don't even know. 

I guess once you start doing it, it gets easier and easier. 

Archived