Buffalo GT QB Tyree Jackson Enters NFL Draft (Update 1/6/19)

tigermac

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, ellitor said:

LMAO. You just answered your own question. Yes as you stated & as I stated before Coaches always want to win. In this case Gus needs to win in 2019. In doing so if the competition is close he might be more apt to use a QB besides Bo that has put more college time in. If Gus had more job security for next year he might be more apt to play Bo & excel his development faster if the QB competition was close but Bo won out.

Thread title has GT in it which means Grad Transfer which means eligible immediately.

Now E, Did you just say, Gus might be more apt to play Bo and excel his development? Since when has Gus taken one of his HS QB recruits and developed him into a SEC QB? lol/

10 hours ago, fredst said:

Since this thread is going nowhere I will counter with:

E1E5DD9A-5D5B-45A7-BBAE-E093999CE6E2.gif

Now this is a thread I could follow. What movie is this? She reminds me of Jamie Pressly who I thought was hot in the day.

Image result for Jaime Pressly

26 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Now this is a thread I could follow. What movie is this? She reminds me of Jamie Pressly who I thought was hot in the day.

Image result for Jaime Pressly

The gif is from “Wolf of Wall Street”. She also made subprime mortgages interesting by explaining them from a bathtub in “The Big Short”.

22 minutes ago, fredst said:

The gif is from “Wolf of Wall Street”. She also made subprime mortgages interesting by explaining them from a bathtub in “The Big Short”.

Check out Vice if you haven't already. 

1 hour ago, fredst said:

I love Julie Andrews, too, lol. Watching “Sound of Music” on Christmas Eve with my girls our own little tradition. You’re invited next year @GwillMac6.

*blushes* 2019 is going to be the best year ever for muhhhhh!!! LETS GO MR FRED!!!!!!!! lol. Never been so excited about anything else in my life. WOOOOOO!!!!!!

fletch.gif

22 hours ago, cole256 said:

Where's the literature of this 4 man theory..

On this message board. Year after year more than one of our alleged insiders has posted that Auburn's goal is to start the spring practice with four scholarship QB's. You've had to have seen that several times. I fear for your memory circuits!

1 hour ago, steeleagle said:

Now E, Did you just say, Gus might be more apt to play Bo and excel his development? Since when has Gus taken one of his HS QB recruits and developed him into a SEC QB? lol/

Not a valid sample size. With Cam, two years of Marshall and two years of Stidham, all transfers, there hasn't been much opportunity for any high school guy to be QB #1. Sean White coulda' been, except for substance problems.

I think you just answered the question of why we don't want another grad transfer. Let's work on the ones we've signed. They gave Auburn a chance, let's give them a chance.

11 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Mary Poppins in the Sound of Music just DOES IT FOR MUHHHHH!!!! lmao. She makes my Knickers tighten up! 

julie.gif

2 hours ago, fredst said:

I love Julie Andrews, too, lol. Watching “Sound of Music” on Christmas Eve with my girls our own little tradition. You’re invited next year @GwillMac6.

50 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

*blushes* 2019 is going to be the best year ever for muhhhhh!!! LETS GO MR FRED!!!!!!!! lol. Never been so excited about anything else in my life. WOOOOOO!!!!!!

fletch.gif

Warning!!!!   Fredst it could be this

Image result for mistake gif

Related image

18 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Not a valid sample size. With Cam, two years of Marshall and two years of Stidham, all transfers, there hasn't been much opportunity for any high school guy to be QB #1. Sean White coulda' been, except for substance problems.

I think you just answered the question of why we don't want another grad transfer. Let's work on the ones we've signed. They gave Auburn a chance, let's give them a chance.

I would argue the reason there hasn't been opportunity for HS guys to be #1 is that we are always in need of someone better because we realize we have missed on our evaluations of the QBs once they get onto campus

1 minute ago, Tiger said:

I would argue the reason there hasn't been opportunity for HS guys to be #1 is that we are always in need of someone better because we realize we have missed on our evaluations of the QBs once they get onto campus

Most big schools wanted Jeremy Johnson. Sean White won a bunch of all-star awards and had a lot of interest. Joey Gatewood was a highly sought recruit. All three were rated as 4-star recruits.  If we mis-evaluated those guys, so did a lot of other people.

3 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Reasonable argument which is why most of the SEC had transfer QBs playing and/or had QBs they signed end up going somewhere else.  JMO but evaluating HS quarterbacks is very difficult and all coaches bring in guys who end up not being able to play for them. 

Just now, DAG said:

So auburn seems to be his top choice yet Auburn hasn’t reached out to him yet?  Interesante. 

I hope the feeling is we don't want another QB at this time. I see no benefit to this guy over Gatewood. Jackson has college experience at a much lower level than the SEC, Gatewood has a year experience at Auburn. Pretty much a wash, from the outside looking in. Most likely the staff has some confidence in what QB's are already at hand.

Just now, Mikey said:

I hope the feeling is we don't want another QB at this time. I see no benefit to this guy over Gatewood. Jackson has college experience at a much lower level than the SEC, Gatewood has a year experience at Auburn. Pretty much a wash, from the outside looking in. Most likely the staff has some confidence in what QB's are already at hand.

Well I don’t think it’s based on QB #s as much as QB talent. I mean this staff was going hard after Clemson fellow transfer QB. I am just  rationalizing the debate between two sides when it appears Auburn doesn’t even want this guy when he is a sure bet to transfer here if allowed. What’s the hold up?

14 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Most big schools wanted Jeremy Johnson. Sean White won a bunch of all-star awards and had a lot of interest. Joey Gatewood was a highly sought recruit. All three were rated as 4-star recruits.  If we mis-evaluated those guys, so did a lot of other people.

12 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Reasonable argument which is why most of the SEC had transfer QBs playing and/or had QBs they signed end up going somewhere else.  JMO but evaluating HS quarterbacks is very difficult and all coaches bring in guys who end up not being able to play for them. 

These 2 replies go hand in hand. It's hard, but we still missed on them at the end of the day. Just because a other people also missed on their evaluations doesn't somehow make it less of a blunder considering our HC's brand is supposedly being an offensive wizard. Either way the point here is not that Gus sucks at evaluations or developing QBs it's that by the time we get these kids on campus Gus realizes he's going to need someone else taking snaps for him. 

4 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I don't think you bring in a geezer like Sandberg or make last minute in home visits to Kelly B if you're confident in what you already have on the roster.

Just now, Tiger said:

These 2 replies go hand in hand. It's hard, but we still missed on them at the end of the day. Just because a other people also missed on their evaluations doesn't somehow make it less of a blunder considering our HC's brand is supposedly being an offensive wizard. Either way the point here is not that Gus sucks at evaluations or developing QBs it's that by the time we get these kids on campus Gus realizes he's going to need someone else taking snaps for him. 

I don't think you bring in a geezer like Sandberg who hasn't played in a football game in years if you're confident in what you already have on the roster.

I am still questioning the Sandberg move tbh...but it is what it is. 

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

I am not saying Cord can't be a good QB but I do find it peculiar to bring in someone with his background if you've been supposedly been grooming Malik Willis for the last 2 years to take over. Especially considering you had Bo Nix locked in and Joey Gatewood already on the team.

Most of the SEC is playing transfers at QB?

There are 6 SEC teams in the top 50 in total offense nationally. Only 1 of them played a transfer at QB. 

Just now, Tiger said:

I am not saying Cord can't be a good QB but I do find it peculiar to bring in someone with his background if you've been supposedly been grooming Malik Willis for the last 2 years to take over. Especially considering you had Bo Nix locked in and Joey Gatewood already on the team.

No, I agree. I guess my concern is why Cord Sandberg? There hasn’t been anything from his past that screams we should go after this guy, especially since he has been out of the game since high school. In fact, I believe there is far more potential with this guy then sandberg. But I am not the one making millions of dollars and who offense just blew out Purdue lol.

10 minutes ago, DAG said:

If we hadn't gotten him, we'd be going into 2019 with a junior who has shown highly questionable decision making ability and still only has a handful of pass attempts to his name, a sophomore who barely has any snaps to his name, and a true freshman. That would literally be it. 

Now, we have those 3 plus a guy who came out of high school as the #8 DT QB in the country, was committed to Dan Mullen until he went pro in another sport, is 6'3 215, basically ran Gus's offense in high school, and has 5 or so years of mental maturity on the other guys. Sandberg was tailor made to shore up depth at the position and possibly even be a starter. And all it cost us was a scholarship that likely would've been awarded to a walk-on anyway. 

11 minutes ago, DAG said:

No, I agree. I guess my concern is why Cord Sandberg? There hasn’t been anything from his past that screams we should go after this guy

He was a (much) better version of Dak Prescott coming out of high school. (Mullen compared him to Tebow, actually.)

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

If we hadn't gotten him, we'd be going into 2019 with a junior who has shown highly questionable decision making ability and still only has a handful of pass attempts to his name, a sophomore who barely has any snaps to his name, and a true freshman. That would literally be it. 

Now, we have those 3 plus a guy who came out of high school as the #8 DT QB in the country, was committed to Dan Mullen until he went pro in another sport, is 6'3 215, basically ran Gus's offense in high school, and has 5 or so years of mental maturity on the other guys. Sandberg was tailor made to shore up depth at the position and possibly even be a starter. And all it cost us was a scholarship that likely would've been awarded to a walk-on anyway. 

Or we could have waited and picked up a grad transfer like the one we are talking about on this thread, no? But like I said, the coaching staff seen something they liked in this guy. I don’t ever think he will start a snap here but I could be wrong.

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

He was a (much) better version of Dak Prescott coming out of high school. (Mullen compared him to Tebow, actually.)

Potentially, but you know what they say about potential? 

Archived