Buffalo GT QB Tyree Jackson Enters NFL Draft (Update 1/6/19)

tigermac

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Who has said this? Don't have a clue or not if this is true. Only two of these QB's get real snaps in practice. 

FWIW @WarDamnEagleWDE I have posted numerous times Gus prefers to always have at least 4 schollied QBs on roster if he can because that's what every AU reporter has periodically reported over Gus's tenure. Now @Mikey somehow got that twisted to think Gus wanted 4 & only 4. Never seen that said nor reported.

53 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I don't believe we're his first choice, I don't think we're on the list

He has made it known AU is his 1st choice FWIW.

2 hours ago, mustache eagle said:

To recap this thread:

brutal ...

margot robbie ... 

brutal ...

Yup! This is why I only want GT threads AU is confirmed having interest in. I should have stuck with my gut & merged this thread into the 2019 recruiting thread when I had the chance when I first saw it. Unless AU becomes interested at some point this thread is just a waste of space.

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Holy crap. No reason why there shouldn’t even be a visit 

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

Unless AU becomes interested at some point this thread is just a waste of space.

What is this heresy?!?! A thread with this a waste of space?!?!

6E9EDB1B-593E-46DB-9740-AAAB9E0A7EF2.gif

7 minutes ago, fredst said:

I feel like Leo gave a really believable performance in this scene.

12 hours ago, DAG said:

Well I don’t think it’s based on QB #s as much as QB talent. I mean this staff was going hard after Clemson fellow transfer QB. I am just  rationalizing the debate between two sides when it appears Auburn doesn’t even want this guy when he is a sure bet to transfer here if allowed. What’s the hold up?

The staff was going hard after Kelly Bryant. I happened to watch Buffalo's bowl game, albeit with no idea that the subject of Jackson transferring elsewhere would come up here. Jackson is no Kelly Bryant.

I'm fairly certain the hold up is the staff isn't interested in Jackson. That he's a sure bet to transfer here if we want him is something I've seen nowhere but on this message board. Maybe he'd come here if invited, maybe not.

We already have Gatewood. Thinking back on Buffalo's bowl game and Gatewood's appearance in our bowl game, the only difference I see is Gatewood seems a little quicker. I don't think Jackson brings anything to the table that we don't already have in Gatewood.

12 hours ago, DAG said:

No, I agree. I guess my concern is why Cord Sandberg?

Because this time last year we had only three scholarship QB's and they've been consistent about wanting four. Sandberg made number 4.

11 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Who has said this? Don't have a clue or not if this is true. Only two of these QB's get real snaps in practice. 

Check your PM's.

9 hours ago, cole256 said:

So you saw multiple people say you need exactly 4 or at least 4?

The subject comes up when we are struggling to get to four. At least has never been mentioned.

16 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Some more stats. These numbers include walk-ons. 

-bama has 6 QBs on roster, with no seniors and 2 juniors. Only Hurts is expected to possibly leave. They have 2 committed in the current class.

-uga has 5, with no seniors or juniors. Only Fields is leaving. They have 3 committed in the current class.

-Clemson started the season with 5. One already transferred. The other 4 are all freshmen. They have 1 committed in the current class.

-We have 6, with one senior and one junior. Both will be leaving. We have 1 committed in the current class.

So barring unexpected attrition or additional commitments, that's 7, 7, 5 and 5 going into 2019. We'd be on the low end of that group even if we added a guy. 

Quite disingenuous of you. Dump the walkons and come back with real numbers. The entire discussion has been about scholarship QB's. I have been careful to specify scholarship QB's. Possibly any team could have 12 walkon scout team QB's, one for each opponent.

PS: While you're at it, leave off the senior "good citizenship" scholarship guys such as Auburn's Adams this past season

I know every coach we have had has talked about having too many to rep in practices. Not spring but after a week or so in fall 5 would be way too many. On the roster, I’m sure you need at least three or four but don’t recall that being in stone. 

6 hours ago, ellitor said:

The "he" Cole is talking about is Jalen Hurts. The "he" you are talking about is Tyree Jackson. Read again and check it out. Y'all had a failure to communicate. Helluva difference in those two!

If I’m Gus , and Jackson really does have us number 1, I’d 💯 offer. That position makes or breaks Gus next year. An athletic QB like that with experience is only thing that will even out our line. Again, this is if I was in Gus situation. Most options as possible to get my job back. 

Get him for official, offer , don’t do to much leg work . 

7 minutes ago, bmartin3228 said:

If I’m Gus , and Jackson really does have us number 1, I’d 💯 offer. That position makes or breaks Gus next year. An athletic QB like that with experience is only thing that will even out our line. Again, this is if I was in Gus situation. Most options as possible to get my job back. 

Get him for official, offer , don’t do to much leg work . 

Did you watch Jackson play? He's very big and powerful, but not really fast or even quick. He's athletic in the same sense that offensive guards are athletic. Big, strong, powerful, but won't win any decathlons.

23 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Did you watch Jackson play? He's very big and powerful, but not really fast or even quick. He's athletic in the same sense that offensive guards are athletic. Big, strong, powerful, but won't win any decathlons.

I watched highlight and have not seen him live, so may be very true. I’m obsessed with Gatewoods big play factor on the ground , and look forward to seeing how Nix comes in and plays. 

Was just speaking of Gus specific scenario he is facing . hey.. I got next season to be very successful or I’m getting fired. Even if it may hurt me in the future , all hands on deck for next season for Gus . The more options I got at that position without impacting immediate big factor positions , I’m taking.

If Gus had a great year and wasn’t on hot seat. I wouldn’t wast anytime on him. 

2 hours ago, dmoney said:

So will AU even look at this kid?

All I've seen is the staff is evaluating him now. Others like Miami & Wisky have already made moves with him FWIW.

4 hours ago, fredst said:

No matter how appealing it is yes. Pics of beautiful women can be seen anywhere. However, a thread on a recruit the staff may not want is as good a spot as any I guess.

6 hours ago, alexava said:

I know every coach we have had has talked about having too many to rep in practices. Not spring but after a week or so in fall 5 would be way too many. On the roster, I’m sure you need at least three or four but don’t recall that being in stone. 

If you had just two or twenty once spring comes only two get reps and they will do what they want with the scout team but nobody on this site is going to have any thing to offer as far as saying 3 is too little 4 is just right 5 is too many. NOBODY is going to explain that because it's simply not true. I really just find it interesting how some won't use their own intellect and defer to certain people and in actuality they probably don't know too much more than you.

If the coaches don't want him ok. It's stupid but ok, they have made stupid decisions with QB time and time again. Not giving QB 's experience running offense even in blow outs, we've turned down Lamar Jackson just like we're doing this guy, jf3 over Evans, etc. I'm not surprised. But really saying no let's not even see what happens. It's just stupid. Period. It's not going to break a budget, it's not risking any chance, we showed that we even think we need another qb because we went after Bryant. 

What if we had got Bryant? Are we kicking somebody off the team? Just like it couldn't hurt getting Sandburg here it remains true in this case. Only thing that makes sense is what if it's not true as far as us being his number 1 choice. 

6 hours ago, Mikey said:

Can pretty easy see he moves as well as cam did as a big QB. I'd even say some things he did in this video he's quick. But yes as you state it's relative, comparing to QB's he is fast and quick. Josh Allen for the bills wasn't considered either but his mobility was actually his biggest weapon in the NFL. I'd bet Jackson moves better or just as well as Allen did playing for Wyoming

6 hours ago, ellitor said:

No matter how appealing it is yes. Pics of beautiful women can be seen anywhere. However, a thread on a recruit the staff may not want is as good a spot as any I guess.

Man, all I can say is:

3AE8706A-E96A-48C2-8ED9-26A912E86DAE.gif

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

Watching his bowl game, I wasn't impressed at all.  Too slow and didn't seem he was really focused.  Wasn't impressed by his leadership.

Archived