Buffalo GT QB Tyree Jackson Enters NFL Draft (Update 1/6/19)

tigermac

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

Can pretty easy see he moves as well as cam did as a big QB

Do you see what you yourself just wrote here? Maybe read it and re-think that statement. He may move as well as Stidham, it would be real close between those two. Gatewood's faster than both.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, fredst said:

Man, all I can say is:

fredst, I think you should have a special admin role on AUFamily, so that no one can question your outstanding posts. Like a Gifministrator or something. 

5 minutes ago, lurtz said:

fredst, I think you should have a special admin role on AUFamily, so that no one can question your outstanding posts. Like a Gifministrator or something. 

He is GIF-ted for sure. 

10 hours ago, ellitor said:

All I've seen is the staff is evaluating him now. Others like Miami & Wisky have already made moves with him FWIW.

Thanks... 

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

Do you see what you yourself just wrote here? Maybe read it and re-think that statement. He may move as well as Stidham, it would be real close between those two. Gatewood's faster than both.

Close with stidham??? You really on here just to write stuff. But we'll see. Cam ran like a 4.7-4.8 at the combine. We'll revisit this

1 minute ago, metafour said:

He ran a 4.59.

I'd bet Jackson runs around a 4.7 I thought that's what cam ran. He DEFINITELY moves better than stidham though

I think what Ilove the most is the I watched his bowl game not impressed people. You have on film mind you him making nfl throws the 10 yd outs and hitches across the field, the under distress while running making 50+ yds throws downfield keeping his head up......not impressed....then throw in the not impressed with intangible things that they can't see, objectify, or measure....one game. 😂. Season film nah....that one game is good

6 hours ago, cole256 said:

we've turned down Lamar Jackson just like we're doing this guy, jf3 over Evans, etc.

the not taking jerrod evans just floored me.....there may be something outside of football that factored in that decision, but that was just way crazy and another example of a big gus-take

2 hours ago, lurtz said:

7E065676-F3CF-4FCB-A4F3-00A070521344.gif

6 hours ago, cole256 said:

If you had just two or twenty once spring comes only two get reps and they will do what they want with the scout team but nobody on this site is going to have any thing to offer as far as saying 3 is too little 4 is just right 5 is too many. NOBODY is going to explain that because it's simply not true. I really just find it interesting how some won't use their own intellect and defer to certain people and in actuality they probably don't know too much more than you.

If the coaches don't want him ok. It's stupid but ok, they have made stupid decisions with QB time and time again. Not giving QB 's experience running offense even in blow outs, we've turned down Lamar Jackson just like we're doing this guy, jf3 over Evans, etc. I'm not surprised. But really saying no let's not even see what happens. It's just stupid. Period. It's not going to break a budget, it's not risking any chance, we showed that we even think we need another qb because we went after Bryant. 

What if we had got Bryant? Are we kicking somebody off the team? Just like it couldn't hurt getting Sandburg here it remains true in this case. Only thing that makes sense is what if it's not true as far as us being his number 1 choice. 

There is no reason we shouldn’t be interested in this guy lol. 

11 minutes ago, DAG said:

There is no reason we shouldn’t be interested in this guy lol. 

Not one that makes any sense lol. Stuff like he's just an older Gatewood.....if you had a freshman cam compared to a junior cam even if they possess the EXACT same physical abilities which one you taking?

If we have space for this guy not sure why we wouldn’t thoroughly evaluate/vet and decide if he might fit our culture. Physical tools seem to be there.

Margot Robbie agreed with this, btw.

Shows his physical ability such as a 75 yard run. Also can get a glimpse as far as his character.....not what some people are saying because of a snap shot when he lost.

43 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Shows his physical ability such as a 75 yard run. Also can get a glimpse as far as his character.....not what some people are saying because of a snap shot when he lost.

People go off of emotion and competitive spirit too much. The same people who probably talk down to him, openly roots for cam who wears his emotions on his sleeve every Sunday .

42 minutes ago, ellitor said:

You win!

Lucky straw!

And some cities have actually banned plastic straws. Unbelievable. :dunno:

42 minutes ago, DAG said:

People go off of emotion and competitive spirit too much. The same people who probably talk down to him, openly roots for cam who wears his emotions on his sleeve every Sunday .

I try not to be too critical. But I think Stidham was not emotional enough. There is a limit though. 

1 hour ago, alexava said:

I try not to be too critical. But I think Stidham was not emotional enough. There is a limit though. 

Stidham seemed to be way too nonchalant at times 

I have some interest in this guy. I like his size and athletic ability and his arm strength but I have not seen him play so for me to blindly say we should be strongly recruiting him or not recruiting him I would just be blowing smoke.  The other issue is long term view. He is at best a one year fix and if O-Line is not vastly improved it really won't matter much. To many people seem to think the O is fixed because of the beat down we put on Purdue.  

E now seems to thing Tega will be here next year so whole starting O-Line will return plus a couple players who got some starts that should help but those starters didn't dominate this year even though they did get better.  The real issue is even if this O-Line returns the next year we lose 4 of the 5 starters after next year so if we have a chance to pick up some O-line that can help us in 2 years that should be a higher priority.

41 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

we have a chance to pick up some O-line that can help us in 2 years that should be a higher priority.

Gus's job is on the line in 2019. If he finds a GT QB he likes better than what he has now for the 2019 season, he needs to take him or there may not be a 2020 for him to worry about. Besides, there's not that many quality OL prospects left in this class AU can land. It sucks we have only landed 2 so far in this class. This was a very strong OL class overall.

9 hours ago, ellitor said:

Gus's job is on the line in 2019. If he finds a GT QB he likes better than what he has now for the 2019 season, he needs to take him or there may not be a 2020 for him to worry about. Besides, there's not that many quality OL prospects left in this class AU can land. It sucks we have only landed 2 so far in this class. This was a very strong OL class overall.

When up to your a$$ in alligators.......I sure will be glad when the swamp is drained and hope we can keep it drained.

Archived