Bammers vs Clemson - 2019 edition

AURex

Dabo beat Shrimpo with a Freshman QB???  But, our resident nosepicker says it can't be done!  Okay Gus, it's time to wake up. You are not in Fayetteville anymore, Frank Broyles is no longer there, it is not 1964, it is the 21st Century! Wake up and smell the Frosh Roses! (sp intentional)  Welcome to Dabo's world, learn or lose!!!! Auburn is more than ready to holler Go Bo in 2019!

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, warhogone said:

Dabo beat Shrimpo with a Freshman QB???  But, our resident nosepicker says it can't be done!  Okay Gus, it's time to wake up. You are not in Fayetteville anymore, Frank Broyles is no longer there, it is not 1964, it is the 21st Century! Wake up and smell the Frosh Roses! (sp intentional)  Welcome to Dabo's world, learn or lose!!!! Auburn is more than ready to holler Go Bo in 2019!

Everyone with the “if Tua, Fromm, Trevor Lawrence, and Hurts can do it” takes are mildly delusional if they are thinking the same offensive talent readily available around them is in our locker room. 

I think we have enough talent to compete.  We can’t easily plug and play and just rely on talent.  We need players to play above their heads and buy-in like UCF for instance, but that can be done.  Mustard seed our way to the championship!

I’d like nothing more than Auburn to prevent the midget from getting his seventh title (ever).  I actually couldn’t think of a more story book ending for Auburn with the bammer run of late.  

War Eagle!

Wonder what is gonna happen to all those pre-printed National Champion Tee shirts?....there must be lots of boxes of them out west and waiting to be sold in Ttown....:dunno:    

Just now, AU64 said:

Wonder what is gonna happen to all those pre-printed National Champion Tee shirts?....there must be lots of boxes of them out west and waiting to be sold in Ttown....:dunno:    

Already shipped to Africa.

First Brown stays, then Tega stays, now the turds get beat like a rented mule. Man can this week get any better, if it can I can't wait for what's next. 

Bama four times in the red zone and total of three points.....good thing Locksley already had his next job lined up.  Some bad play calls that fooled nobody and of course that fake FG call  that Kirby loaned them. 😊  

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

Already shipped to Africa.

LOL   can't wait to see the first pictures of cute little kids running around  Uganda or Mali in their brand new BAMA 2019 NC tee shirts.....

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

ha ha, before the game arrogant Academy sports showing off all their boxes of shirts saying when uat wins they will be open late.

This is done every time but don't be so smug and arrogant. Never mind that's the updkye personality.

1 hour ago, kd4au said:

First Brown stays, then Tega stays, now the turds get beat like a rented mule. Man can this week get any better, if it can I can't wait for what's next. 

Auburn basketball plays Ole Miss tomorrow!

1 minute ago, TigerOne said:

ha ha, before the game arrogant Academy sports showing off all their boxes of shirts saying when uat wins they will be open late.

This is done every time but don't be so smug and arrogant. Never mind that's the updkye personality.

Bet there were few Clemson 2019 NC tee shirts printed up before the game however.    

Tee shirt printers probably running all night in Upstate South Carolina getting ready for the local fans....

39 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Bama four times in the red zone and total of three points.....good thing Locksley already had his next job lined up.  Some bad play calls that fooled nobody and of course that fake FG call  that Kirby loaned them. 😊  

I texted my bama buddies that going for it was the right call, but they should have just left Tua on the field and ran a play. They agreed.

Absolutely insane that saban still can't field a decent kicker. If they had even our worst kicker of the last 20 years, whoever that might be, they would've gotten 3 there and it would've been a much different game. 

6 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I texted my bama buddies that going for it was the right call, but they should have just left Tua on the field and ran a play. They agreed.

Absolutely insane that saban still can't field a decent kicker. If they had even our worst kicker of the last 20 years, whoever that might be, they would've gotten 3 there and it would've been a much different game. 

True about their kicker but I'll never forget Van TIffen 🤮 …..but what was insane was not being able to make ONE yard in three tries and running outside ..or trying to run outside and losing yardage.    JMO but put Hurts in the game at that point and bama comes away with 14-21 points from those drives. 

14 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Absolutely insane that saban still can't field a decent kicker.

They just signed the best HS kicker. 

Scratch that...Second best kicker according to USA Today. 

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

True about their kicker but I'll never forget Van TIffen 🤮 …..but what was insane was not being able to make ONE yard in three tries and running outside ..or trying to run outside and losing yardage.    JMO but put Hurts in the game at that point and bama comes away with 14-21 points from those drives. 

I was really surprised they didn't put him in earlier.

Btw, thought about your comments on Clemson QBs last night. An argument could easily be made that the game turns out much, much differently if they traded QBs. Clemson played fantastic D and Ross made Lawrence look even better, but Dabo is starting to look like the best QB recruiter and developer since, jeez, I don't even know who/when. 

15 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

you have uat buddies? big fail there, think the updykes recruited the top kicker in the nation or state somewhere.

I don't know how many times I've said it but I'll say it again.

Saban is a great CEO and program builder and an absolute defensive revolutionary but he is not a good game day coach. 

Does it make me a bad person to chuckle at all the people that wasted so much money flying out to Cali to see their team get pounded?

Just now, TigerOne said:

you have uat buddies? big fail there, think the updykes recruited the top kicker in the nation or state somewhere.

Yes, I have many bammer friends.

That's great that they signed a kicker. It will be interesting to see if he performs like one under saban. 

Just now, McLoofus said:

I was really surprised they didn't put him in earlier.

Btw, thought about your comments on Clemson QBs last night. An argument could easily be made that the game turns out much, much differently if they traded QBs. Clemson played fantastic D and Ross made Lawrence look even better, but Dabo is starting to look like the best QB recruiter and developer since, jeez, I don't even know who/when. 

He's the best recruiter at the moment.....if you saw Lawrence last year in HS, it was pretty obvious he would start as soon as dabo figured out how to break the news to Kelly Bryant.    

JMO but bama has poorly used their QBs......which I realize is a strange statement when talking about a 14-1 team but this is one of the rare instances when using a two QB system would have helped them...last year and this year.    Tua in the second half against AU last year could have changed things...and no doubt in my mind that when the ball was inside the five a couple times last night that Hurts would have gotten into the end zone.   

Archived