Bammers vs Clemson - 2019 edition

AURex

14 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I don't know how many times I've said it but I'll say it again.

Saban is a great CEO and program builder and an absolute defensive revolutionary but he is not a good game day coach. 

Agree and have been saying it for years as well.  When he goes against teams with comparible talent and good coaching, he loses. He is an elite recruiter and a Bad game day coach.  

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

updykes recruited the top kicker in the nation

I think LSU got the best one myself. The turds got a guy out of Hoover or somewhere and he missed an easy FG in one of the all-star games. But that doesn't mean he won't be good.

1 minute ago, gr82b4au said:

Agree and have been saying it for years as well.  When he goes against teams with comparible talent and good coaching, he loses. He is an elite recruiter and a Bad game day coach.  

He delegates most game day coaching to  assistants and coordinators and has had tremendous turnover from one year to the next....and looks like it's catching up with him...or his team.  

Good piece in al.com today about how many coordinators and coaches he's had in recent years and when a good one leaves...smart or whoever, it's not always possible to get an equivalent replacement no matter how many  Butch Jones or Sarks he hires.     So Locksley is on the way to Md and he will need a new OC.  

2 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Clemson has one penalty

alabama had zero sacks

Big 10 refs cut both teams a lot of slack IMO....word must have come down from NCAA officials  that refs should not make this a penalty fest...and to ignore holding unless it really affected a play and to give the DBs plenty of latitude on pass coverage.   Made for a good game .

44 minutes ago, kd4au said:

I think LSU got the best one myself. The turds got a guy out of Hoover or somewhere and he missed an easy FG in one of the all-star games. But that doesn't mean he won't be good.

And he grew up a huge Auburn fan! Timing just didn’t work out for him with Anders. 

4 minutes ago, wde21 said:

And he grew up a huge Auburn fan! Timing just didn’t work out for him with Anders. 

I’m guessing Saban actually offered a scholarship this time?

Gus catches a lot of hell and deservedly so, but he nailed this.

Lot of ice cold takes in the thread that followed lol. 

5 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I’m guessing Saban actually offered a scholarship this time?

He figured out that a dynamic QB takes his O to the next level. The last hole left for him to fill would be the kicker position. I don't like that he finally signed a supposedly good kicker.

Wasn't watching anyway but I was already in bed by game time.  Chemo days are hard.  But I'm so pleased to see the results.  After seeing a small highlight I might actually watch a replay when it comes on.  Guess it won't be very often on the SEC Network LOL!

1 hour ago, AUsince72 said:

Wasn't watching anyway but I was already in bed by game time.  Chemo days are hard.  But I'm so pleased to see the results.  After seeing a small highlight I might actually watch a replay when it comes on.  Guess it won't be very often on the SEC Network LOL!

You can usually find the full games on YouTube as well! 

5 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

Same dumbass that was flexing after making tackles while down by double digits. Freakish talent but does not impress with his intellect. 

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Same dumbass that was flexing after making tackles while down by double digits. Freakish talent but does not impress with his intellect. 

I thought the same thing, it’s one thing if you’re winning, it’s another to celebrate when you’re getting beat the way Alabama was

35 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

The statements he made were ridiculous. You got your a$$ handed to you partner, and yet all you can do is talk trash about the Clemson QB. The Clemson QB made Tua look like a pee wee QB.. 

12 hours ago, Ber798297 said:

Caught a glimpse of the bama post game interviews... the arrogance is still there.  Only one tiny mention/congrats to Clemson.  The theme was, “we didn’t play well”. They can’t admit that they got beat bad...

Coupled with "ONE GAME doesn't define us." Let's hope there are more...I'd like to hear the next excuse. I am still enjoying this today. 

13 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

He’s a weirdo that won’t shut up. 

“Little old Clemson” blah blah blah. 

I thought he was going to give an altar call too.

I'm skeptical of the "aw shucks" persona.....

5 hours ago, AU64 said:

Wonder what is gonna happen to all those pre-printed National Champion Tee shirts?....there must be lots of boxes of them out west and waiting to be sold in Ttown....:dunno:    

I was thinking the same thing! We ran to Academy in January 2011, getting our shirts in the wee hours. I halfway wanted to try to make a run last night and see if they'd make an orange and blue jersey that said, "Thank you, Clemson!" Probably no one would appreciate it more than us, but I bet 99 percent of fans across the country are feeling the same way. 

#littleDABO'lldo'im

1 minute ago, Tigerbelle said:

I'm skeptical of the "aw shucks" persona.....

We know about him successfully negatively recruiting Urban couple years ago. He’s no saint. 

1 minute ago, ToraGirl said:

I was thinking the same thing! We ran to Academy in January 2011, getting our shirts in the wee hours. I halfway wanted to try to make a run last night and see if they'd make an orange and blue jersey that said, "Thank you, Clemson!" Probably no one would appreciate it more than us, but I bet 99 percent of fans across the country are feeling the same way. 

#littleDABO'lldo'

Good point...I should have run over to Spartanburg this morning to see what they had in stock...

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

We know about him successfully negatively recruiting Urban couple years ago. He’s no saint. 

how could one not negatively recruit Urban?   😄   you would be doing the kid a disservice by letting him fall under the pope's influence. 

16 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

Coupled with "ONE GAME doesn't define us." Let's hope there are more...I'd like to hear the next excuse. I am still enjoying this today. 

Me too... woke up with a big smile on my face.  My kids school has a new principal this year.  He’s a Clemson grad.  He was all smiles this morning at drop off.  

Archived