Bammers vs Clemson - 2019 edition

AURex

So, here we go again. Apparently, according to expert sports sources, there really are no other teams who are even in the same universe as bama and clempsin. So this is like the world bragging rights thing.

Who ya got? Better -- if you got climpsin, Why?

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This game will happen despite the lack of my presence.  Season's over as far as I'm concerned.

I don't even have much interest in watching it - but I'm sure I will by the time Monday rolls around.

I have no clue who will pull out the win in this one - both are really good in most facets of the game, in the trenches, at the skill positions, etc.  

Close game thanks to Clemson passing game....less than a TD difference....

Lawrence for Clemson is out (wasn’t sure if he would be). That’s enough for this to be a blowout. Clemson won’t be able to keep up points-wise. 

The new season of "The Bachelor" premieres Monday night, as well, if you need more than one way to get sick....

🤣😜😇

18 hours ago, ToraGirl said:

The new season of "The Bachelor" premieres Monday night, as well, if you need more than one way to get sick....

🤣😜😇

Living in a houseful of ladies, I expect the Hallmark Channel will be getting a workout.

Maybe, if I'm lucky we'll watch a DVR recording or two of "Crikey, It's the Irwins"....

• WarTiger changed the title to Bammers vs Clemson - 2019 edition
On 1/3/2019 at 3:05 PM, PigskinPat said:

Dexter Lawrence is out for the game, big plus for bama. I was hoping he’d get to play and cause some disruption in the backfield.

This whole thing around DL is fishy and seems to follow a familiar script.  He says he hasn't taken ostarine so did some someone slip him a micky or is he not telling the truth. Could be pass a polygraph?

Oh, and since Auburn is not playing I doubt I'll watch the game and could care less who wins or loses.

I'm guessing the three suspended uat players, including Deonte Brown, will be back for this game.  Interesting that there was never an explanation or any speculation about what "team rules" were broken to earn them the suspension last week.  I know most teams won't say but the reason usually finds a way to get out.  

On 1/3/2019 at 11:28 AM, keesler said:

I don't even have much interest in watching it....

Apparently we're not alone, nobody has any interest.

With title-game ticket prices plummeting more than 90 percent, should college football be worried?

Ticket prices on the secondary market for Monday’s college football national title game are cratering – get-in prices hit $150 Tuesday on StubHub and experts say it should continue to drop. By comparison, last year’s get-in price peaked at about $1,700.  “Prices are trending lower than we have ever seen before,” SeatGeek.com’s Chris Leyden told Yahoo Sports. “Demand is down.”  And that’s just part of it. The semifinal games weren’t competitive and delivered comparatively low television ratings.  The system was again clumsy, staging the semifinals on Dec. 29 while continuing to cede prime New Year’s Day slots to lesser games run by private bowls. Things are so rough, even normally staid power brokers are lobbying for an eight-team playoff to shake things up.  About the only thing everyone can agree on – and this is no small thing – is that the two best teams are facing off on Monday. Unbeaten 2018 champion Alabama vs. unbeaten 2017 champion Clemson. It’s their fourth consecutive playoff encounter, third in the title game.  “This is clearly the two best teams,” Clemson coach Dabo Swinney said. “I mean, this is the way it should be.”  And yet, in what may be the ultimate embarrassment, the game could be played in front of empty seats at Levi Stadium.  That isn’t the way it should be.

https://sports.yahoo.com/title-game-ticket-prices-plummeting-90-percent-college-football-worried-214530894.html

So if Bama wins tbe championship, and nobody is there to see it, did it ever happen?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Just now, ShocksMyBrain said:

They’ll count it regardless. 

Guess I need more info than that. It’s going to have to be determined by informal social rules such as “pics or it didn’t happen.”

ESPN ditched the coaches film room in favor of tbe MNF broadcast team breaking down the game. What a joke.

On 1/5/2019 at 9:09 AM, PowerOfDixieland said:

Apparently we're not alone, nobody has any interest.

With title-game ticket prices plummeting more than 90 percent, should college football be worried?

Ticket prices on the secondary market for Monday’s college football national title game are cratering – get-in prices hit $150 Tuesday on StubHub and experts say it should continue to drop. By comparison, last year’s get-in price peaked at about $1,700.  “Prices are trending lower than we have ever seen before,” SeatGeek.com’s Chris Leyden told Yahoo Sports. “Demand is down.”  And that’s just part of it. The semifinal games weren’t competitive and delivered comparatively low television ratings.  The system was again clumsy, staging the semifinals on Dec. 29 while continuing to cede prime New Year’s Day slots to lesser games run by private bowls. Things are so rough, even normally staid power brokers are lobbying for an eight-team playoff to shake things up.  About the only thing everyone can agree on – and this is no small thing – is that the two best teams are facing off on Monday. Unbeaten 2018 champion Alabama vs. unbeaten 2017 champion Clemson. It’s their fourth consecutive playoff encounter, third in the title game.  “This is clearly the two best teams,” Clemson coach Dabo Swinney said. “I mean, this is the way it should be.”  And yet, in what may be the ultimate embarrassment, the game could be played in front of empty seats at Levi Stadium.  That isn’t the way it should be.

https://sports.yahoo.com/title-game-ticket-prices-plummeting-90-percent-college-football-worried-214530894.html

Honestly, I think most of this year's decline has to do with where the game is being played, relative to where both schools are located. 

4th straight year that I won't watch the title game.  Don't believe in watching something that has zero possibility of bringing me joy.

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

ESPN ditched the coaches film room in favor of tbe MNF broadcast team breaking down the game. What a joke.

I just can't get enough of McFarland....

Related image

Archived