Bammers vs Clemson - 2019 edition

AURex

On 1/8/2019 at 9:29 AM, bigbird said:

I don't know how many times I've said it but I'll say it again.

Saban is a great CEO and program builder and an absolute defensive revolutionary but he is not a good game day coach. 

Just did this on the fly so please correct me if I’m wrong but the greatest coach in the history of college football...

Nick Satan-

Last two games vs Hugh Freeze 0–2.

Last two vs Gus 1-1.

Last three vs Dabo 1–2.

Last one vs Urban Meyer 0-1

Keep in mind the REC out-recruits everyone; so lil Nickie has more talent to coach than anyone in the country.

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My biggest takeaway in this game is how well the Clemson Defense hid what they were doing. Guys moving up like they were going to Blitz then dropping back into coverage. Guys looking like they were going into coverage then do a delayed Blitz it gave the bama O-Line fits. Our D played pretty well this year but almost every time we were blitzing I would look up from the TV and tell my sons that we were Blitzing. We seem to commit to soon allowing O-Line to adjust. Because of the quality of our players it still worked sometimes but it could be so much better if we disguised what we are doing a little better. 

The Clemson D had Tua confused . After watching him play.. I wonder if he really makes reads on who is getting the ball or if it is predetermined.. on that 4th down play where he scrambled and didn’t get the 1st down he had receivers open.. on another play where he got sacked he had guys open.. just seemed to me he was going back and throwing to a spot not really reading what was going on.. makes me wonder if he wasn’t running a predetermined RPO based on if he threw it or handed it off.. if he was going to throw.. he had his mind made up on who was getting it and twice Clemson got INTs.. I didn’t watch him much during the season to see if this was case all year long but Clemson obviously thought so.. confusing him with coverage 

My biggest takeaway was the terrible play calling by Alabama, especially the fake field goal.

Bama came out in the 2nd half with 3 consecutive runs for good yardage.  Their 3 backs were all running well.  And then for some reason Bama just quit running.

Also worth mentioning is this: since Tua was deemed a football god after last year's CFP final, he's played against 3 good teams (UGA, Oklahoma, and Clemson), and he played very poorly against 2 of them.

On 1/9/2019 at 3:15 PM, AuburnNTexas said:

My biggest takeaway in this game is how well the Clemson Defense hid what they were doing. Guys moving up like they were going to Blitz then dropping back into coverage. Guys looking like they were going into coverage then do a delayed Blitz it gave the bama O-Line fits

1995 Nebraska defense unveiled that scheme to the world. And Danny Wuerffel paid the price. 

10 hours ago, KolchakAU85 said:

My biggest takeaway was the terrible play calling by Alabama, especially the fake field goal.

Bama came out in the 2nd half with 3 consecutive runs for good yardage.  Their 3 backs were all running well.  And then for some reason Bama just quit running.

The fake field goal was mind blowing. The problem for bama was that Clemson would tighten the noose on them inside the 20 and the runs were not as effective. They felt they had to go for it on 4th down because their defense couldn't stop Clemson.. once they stopped making 4th down attempts.. the margin got wider and wider. The runs were good outside of the 20s and then Clemson shut them down. bama made uncharacteristic mistakes because of Clemson's defense. 

3 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Go to the comments section. Clemson and ND fans aren’t very appreciative.

#sources

#sources

3 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

#sources

I spoke to Clemson coaches and they said "who the heck is this guy and why is he in here".  Then I got shown the door....

Not really but I figured it was just as credible as the other duelling accounts.  😁

2 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

I spoke to Clemson coaches and they said "who the heck is this guy and why is he in here".  Then I got shown the door....

Not really but I figured it was just as credible as the other duelling accounts.  😁

😂

I’m gonna have to side with the Clemson fans here. Nobody likes tbe dude that wants to rain on everybody’s parade like Cole did. Kinda surprised really. Didn’t take Cole for a clickbait reporter.

3 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

😂

I’m gonna have to side with the Clemson fans here. Nobody likes tbe dude that wants to rain on everybody’s parade like Cole did. Kinda surprised really. Didn’t take Cole for a clickbait reporter.

I agree.  ND may have been a bit overrated but you don't dominate a playoff team like CU did without proper preparation.

Archived