The right wing's attempt to make AOC seem like the most likeable person in Congress

AUDub

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

That was cute Ben. Think of her often when I look at my Casio G-Shock

She's a harmless little gadfly, but she's also the perfect straw-man villain for the right, so she gets their focus.

Hate that Adam Baldwin has turned out to be such a shitheel, but there you go. 

4 hours ago, AUDub said:

She's a harmless little gadfly, but she's also the perfect straw-man villain for the right, so she gets their focus.

She will do better than the others entrenched in Washington.

refreshing to see outsiders like Casio and President Trump come in. What do you think Ben?

17 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

She will do better than the others entrenched in Washington.

Nah, she’s just a noisemaker like Bernie right now. Maybe she’ll get better with some seasoning, but for now she’s just a freshman rep with high, even if misguided, ideals, but little power. 

refreshing to see outsiders like Casio and President Trump come in. What do you think Ben?

Not for an office as high as the presidency. AOC can’t do much harm where she is. The POTUS can. Trump is a blithering idiot with no idea how anything about the office works.

Rather we would be electing governors, Senators, long term reps and the like to the presidency that know how this s*** works.

The fact that the harmless dancing video was a negative point of interest for conservatives, who in the same breath defend Trump's "locker room talk", just goes to show you how pitiful they have gotten. It's cringey to watch them obsess over this woman, with absolutely no shame or sense of irony. 

On 1/3/2019 at 5:39 PM, AUDub said:

Nah, she’s just a noisemaker like Bernie right now. Maybe she’ll get better with some seasoning, but for now she’s just a freshman rep with high, even if misguided, ideals, but little power. 

Not for an office as high as the presidency. AOC can’t do much harm where she is. The POTUS can. Trump is a blithering idiot with no idea how anything about the office works.

Rather we would be electing governors, Senators, long term reps and the like to the presidency that know how this s*** works.

I love how Nola gave me a facepalm for this, right before Trump affirmed my point by suggesting using the military to seize private property along the border. Wow. Very constitution. Much conservative. 

4 hours ago, AUDub said:

I love how Nola gave me a facepalm for this, right before Trump affirmed my point by suggesting using the military to seize private property along the border. Wow. Very constitution. Much conservative. 

A lot of people on this forum use the facepalm to indicate they don't like the substance of a post, even if it's the indisputable truth.

48 minutes ago, homersapien said:

A lot of people on this forum use the facepalm to indicate they don't like the substance of a post, even if it's the indisputable truth.

That's gotta be true. I got the facepalm for my comment on this topic, too. I guess there are people out there who really think she shouldn't be able to dance and then hold office??!🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Come to think of it, I'm not all that surprised. I bet some of these guys in this forum are just an absolute joy in real life😬

3 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

That's gotta be true. I got the facepalm for my comment on this topic, too. I guess there are people out there who really think she shouldn't be able to dance and then hold office??!🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Exactly my point.  They don't like some of her political positions, so her dancing (in high school) disqualifies her (figuratively speaking).

Come to think of it, I'm not all that surprised. I bet some of these guys in this forum are just an absolute joy in real life😬

Who outside of the original obscure twitter account that posted video of her dancing was actually offended by it? I call fake news on that.  If all it takes is one or two obscure tweets to represent an entire group of people and the media to slam that side for it then journalistic standards aren't very high anymore.

I guess FOX News and other right leaning news outlets needs to scour twitter for obscure progressive tweets and then report that liberal and progressives are outraged/offended about whatever the obscure tweet was about.

9 hours ago, Auburnfan91 said:

Who outside of the original obscure twitter account that posted video of her dancing was actually offended by it? I call fake news on that.  If all it takes is one or two obscure tweets to represent an entire group of people and the media to slam that side for it then journalistic standards aren't very high anymore.

I guess FOX News and other right leaning news outlets needs to scour twitter for obscure progressive tweets and then report that liberal and progressives are outraged/offended about whatever the obscure tweet was about.

The host of the white power hour on Fox primetime's publication riffed on it. 

(That's Tucker Carlson's The Daily Caller, if that joke is too subtle.) 

Sooo while going through this thread..... is anyone else scheduling a date involving the Breakfast Club and conning them into dancing? Or is it just coincidence that I have a Hispanic girlfriend that danced in college and now have that urge.

This dancing stuff is right up there with the google searches related to men's health and aging that demonstrate why an individual would support Trump.

I'm calling Moderate rules on this which means:

I know a few here will claim the Gateway Pundit is marginal, but they were granted a WH press pass. 

22 hours ago, homersapien said:

That is such BS.

All of the people she mentioned come from working class families.

It's almost as if they feel like people that went to good schools aren't allowed to care about poor people who didn't go to college. Because they don't have the ability to have compassion for people, they feel like nobody does. 

3 minutes ago, AUDub said:

I know a few here will claim the Gateway Pundit is marginal, but they were granted a WH press pass. 

Why do they care that she went by Sandy?? I don't get this. 

Archived