women vs. Tennessee - game thread

WarTiger

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alexander with a jumper and she's fouled.   That was not a good shot to take but she got the foul called.   FT good.  2nd no good.  72-67

Well, this was one AU could have won but UT just too long and too good. Good to see the ladies fight but got to play a much smarter brand of basketball if they want to be relevant in the SEC. 

21 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

oh well played well overall just got to learn and get better

Last three minutes were pretty bad.....just forced some shots and no rebounding.  But a respectable showing and some obvious room to improve.

Another SEC loss. Hope Flo can get it done in the SEC

10 hours ago, AU64 said:

Last three minutes were pretty bad.....just forced some shots and no rebounding.  But a respectable showing and some obvious room to improve.

The key is will they improve. Coach Flo has better players now, but can she teach them to win the important games to put us into that upper echelon of teams. It remains to be seen. We do have some young players...

I thought it a pretty sloppy game on both sides.  UT was able to take advantage of AU's mistakes.  They made the layups and close in shots that we missed.  Missed layups alone cost them this game.  I thought they held their own against the UT Bigs.  It was the poor shooting and passing of our guards that seemed to hurt us the most.  Can't play a High low O if you don't have someone who can make the entry pass from the high post or from outside.  Pulled my hair out watching the failed entry pass over and over.  Unique Jackson is a machine and fun to watch!

Archived