One Real Concern with the Shutdown

Brad_ATX

14 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Somebody ate a handful of blue pills today and read twitter. ;)

Eat s***. 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Eat s***. 

Stay woke bro. ;)

37 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Stay woke bro. ;)

And eat s***.

You’re easily the worst poster here, and that’s saying a lot with Proud and JT skulking around. 

3 hours ago, AUcivE09 said:

I see very little here that even remotely addresses my comment (Did you miss it?). You do not always have to go out of your way to be so abrasive.

Actually, my response addressed both of your comments, in turn:

1. "0.0998% - This is the percentage of the total budget shutting down the government. My boss said it was like having a $100k household budget and completely freezing every account you have while not paying any bills because your wife wants to install a new $100 lock on the front door.'

2. "This is not what Pelosi should be picking her fight over - especially considering the past support by her and others. It is a shame she is not loosing her pay. "

10 minutes ago, AUDub said:

And eat s***.

You’re easily the worst poster here, and that’s saying a lot with Proud and JT skulking around. 

So you're clueless. Not remarkable. 

So I choose to listen to those actually aware of what is happening at the border, not political pundits. 

https://www.kusi.com/cnn-requests-kusi-for-local-view-on-the-border-declines-our-reporter-after-finding-out-wall-works/

11 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

So I choose to listen to those actually aware of what is happening at the border, not political pundits. 

https://www.kusi.com/cnn-requests-kusi-for-local-view-on-the-border-declines-our-reporter-after-finding-out-wall-works/

An AP report says that KUSI’s news director backtracked from that claim.

“It’s certainly plausible that they didn’t want it for the viewpoint, or they just didn’t want it. Both are plausible conclusions. I made one rather than the other.”

LOL "news." Rather report it or make it? Pick one. 

1 hour ago, AUDub said:

An AP report says that KUSI’s news director backtracked from that claim.

“It’s certainly plausible that they didn’t want it for the viewpoint, or they just didn’t want it. Both are plausible conclusions. I made one rather than the other.”

LOL "news." Rather report it or make it? Pick one. 

Whatever............

Why the executive thought they turned down the story is NOT the story. The wall working is the story. Geez you people. Why be so simple?

Of course they did not want the story. It does not fit the sheeple narrative. Why sell facts that would diminish said narrative?

Didn't fit your narrative either? Well, how convenient.

15 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

So you're clueless. Not remarkable. 

If opinions are OK, I will say that Dub and homer are the worst posters.

16 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Looking for a hand out Bob? sorry couldn't resist. A few other things I could say but best not.................carry on

Dwuy69vU8AAxSBC.jpg

Old Bob is at it again. Looks like he is close to tickling a tit.:nanner:

On 1/11/2019 at 3:30 PM, homersapien said:

Federal flood insurance is a good topic for another thread, especially with the implications of global warming.

Yes it is. Also the implications of man-made diversions, like shipping canals shut down subsequent to Katrina. Fished the "Mr. Go" the other week... 

56 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Yes it is. Also the implications of man-made diversions, like shipping canals shut down subsequent to Katrina. Fished the "Mr. Go" the other week... 

I’ve never fished the marsh or Mr Go. I flew over it for a month during the oil spill doing low lever aerial recon of oils marsh and wildlife. Damn the things you can see in the water from the air!

20 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I’ve never fished the marsh or Mr Go. I flew over it for a month during the oil spill doing low lever aerial recon of oils marsh and wildlife. Damn the things you can see in the water from the air!

Yes. I fly into Nola often and its quite the scene. 

You should definitely fish the marsh off of Mr Go when you get a chance. Reds galore!

59 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Yes. I fly into Nola often and its quite the scene. 

You should definitely fish the marsh off of Mr Go when you get a chance. Reds galore!

Copy that! Hopefully, once this shutdown ends(I’m currently furloughed) I can plan a trip down.

10 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

So first off....This isnt Trumps shutdown. He can take neither credit nor blame for it. There has yet to be a spending bill hit his desk for him to approve or veto. 

That’s because McConnell won’t let anything get to his desk that he will veto, even though the Senate passed a spending bill, unanimously, mind you. He threw a hissy fit when the folks at Fox criticized him, and won’t sign anything without wall funding. 

I am proud to shut down the government for border security, Chuck, because the people of this country don't want criminals and people that have lots of problems, and drugs, pouring into our country. So, I will take the mantle. I will be the one to shut it down. I'm not gonna blame you for it. The last time you shut it down it didn't work. I will take the mantle of shutting down and I'm gonna shut it down for border security, ok?

1 minute ago, AUDub said:

That’s because McConnell won’t let anything get to his desk that he will veto, even though the Senate passed a spending bill, unanimously, mind you. He threw a hissy fit when the folks at Fox criticized him, and won’t sign anything without wall funding. 

Which is crazy because the Senate and House could override the veto.  There was wide support for that previous spending bill.  Not sure why it would have waned now.

5 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Which is crazy because the Senate and House could override the veto.  There was wide support for that previous spending bill.  Not sure why it would have waned now.

Cocaine Mitch. 

4 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

So first off....This isnt Trumps shutdown. He can take neither credit nor blame for it. There has yet to be a spending bill hit his desk for him to approve or veto. 

You are right. The Dems control the House now and can end the shutdown simply by passing a bill with wall funding in it. But they care more about power than the country. The shutdown has already cost more than what Trump wants for the wall and grows daily.

https://www.barrons.com/articles/government-shutdown-cost-51547665457

Archived