2019 2* LB/HB Kameron Brown Commits to AU!!!

AUDub

47 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Always heard he was a 2*. Oh well ha 

He may have been.  I'm not sure stars were even much of a thing in the early '80's.  I was just making a joke since he was a 3 Sport Star. 😁

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Bo Jackson was a 2 star 

Don't know where you get that.  They didn't use star ratings at that time, but if they had Bo would have definitely been a 5 Star.  He was the most heralded Auburn signee that I can ever recall.  Vincent "Bo" Jackson.  Grew up a UAT fan but UAT told him he may not start until his Jr year whereas Pat Dye told him he'd have an opportunity to compete for a starting role as a Freshman and the rest is history.  When he picked Auburn people were stunned he hadn't chosen the evil empire.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, im4au said:

My comment is a blending of the quote you saw and premium content that I can't quote.  It's a post by a paid analyst on a message board that says his status (as someone with smaller offers) "will change" - not "may", but "will"..  You'll find it.  That's why I said this is going to be fun.  

If it's an Auburn analyst I haven't seen it. I have all their post pages bookmarked & check them daily. FTR @im4au there's no rule saying you can't post a premium link for others to check out so if you will post that link for me I'd appreciate it.

7 hours ago, AidiAU said:

Hey, E - DB has an injury?

Yes. Posted on it a few times the past couple weeks in the recruiting forum.

4 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

“Look bud, I’m gonna offer your brother because he’s a good ball player. But wouldn’t it be cool to play with your little bro your senior year?”

"Coach. I gotta be me & do my own thing. I'm coming back anyway because my injury will hurt me at the combine & my draft stock. I appreciate you offering my little bro though. He's a baller!"

4 hours ago, AU64 said:

Someone mentioned H back ...maybe fullback ?

HBs are FBs in Gus's offense.

4 hours ago, AU64 said:

Back in the day, coaches used to turn FBs into LBs....maybe a reverse of tha

In 2012 or 2013 we took Prosh from Illinois who was a LB turned HB FWIW.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Yes. Posted on it a few times the past couple weeks in the recruiting forum.

Which thread? No offense but my interest in recruiting is spotty thus I don’t follow your posts.

2 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Just for reference, the deadline for underclassmen to declare for the NFL Draft is January 14th, which is next Monday. We’ll hear about Brown, Davidson, and Tega very soon. 

15th FTR unless they changed it from previous years.

"Coach. I gotta be me & do my own thing. I'm coming back anyway because my injury will hurt me at the combine & my draft stock. I appreciate you offering my little bro though. He's a baller!"

DB obviously thinks his bro is a baller but don’t kid yourself if you think we would’ve offered him regardless of his relationship with DB. 

In 2012 or 2013 we took Prosh from Illinois who was a LB turned HB FWIW.

He was already an All American FB.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dilligas said:

Don't know where you get that.  They didn't use star ratings at that time, but if they had Bo would have definitely been a 5 Star.  He was the most heralded Auburn signee that I can ever recall.  Vincent "Bo" Jackson.  Grew up a UAT fan but UAT told him he may not start until his Jr year whereas Pat Dye told him he'd have an opportunity to compete for a starting role as a Freshman and the rest is history.  When he picked Auburn people were stunned he hadn't chosen the evil empire.

@Mikey & @augolf1716 will have to jog my memory here but as great as Bo was I don't think he was hyped up out of high school like his talent should have been & 5* rated guys are. I got the impression from their stories Bo was under valued coming out of high school.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, dilligas said:

The "hot" signee that year was Alan Evans, RB from Enterprise, who as we all know, went on to oblivion until he was able to peddle his son to the dark side.

Evans was all state 4A, http://www.ahsfhs.org/allstate/allstateteam21sql.asp?year=1981&class=4A&source=BN 

And Bo was all state 3A .http://www.ahsfhs.org/allstate/allstateteam21sql.asp?year=1981&class=3A&source=BN

However, Evans was the Parade All-american. https://www.newspapers.com/clip/7511733/1981_parade_all_america_high_school/

I was in school at the time, we quickly figured out who the star was...

Edited by ClarkGriswold
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Which thread? No offense but my interest in recruiting is spotty thus I don’t follow your posts.

More than 1 I believe but the one that sticks out is Doc's remaining spots thread. Regardless I have posted everything in here that I posted in there also.

19 minutes ago, ellitor said:

We don’t touch this guy if Brown isn’t here. But I agree DB is coming back anyway.

5 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@Mikey & @augolf1716 will have to jog my memory here but as great as Bo was I don't think he was hyped up out of high school like his talent should have been & 5* rated guys are. I got the impression from their stories Bo was under valued coming out of high school.

I'm neither of those guys, but if memory is correct Bo played both ways at McAdory. I think that kept him from having the really gaudy numbers at RB that one would expect  a player of his ability to have. He also was a track and field star and I believe he played damn near every sport the HS offered. Recruiting was a totally different beast in those days, I can remember seeing articles in The Birmingham News about a week before signing day about who was going where. There was nowhere near the coverage one can find currently. For better or for worse.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, meh130 said:

Gwinnett has one of the largest, if not the largest school system in Georgia.

Archer - Colby Wooden (AJC state defensive player of the year)

Grayson - Owen Pappoe

Grayson - Andrew Booth

Collins Hill - Tomari Fox

Lanier - Phillip Webb

Among others....

Edited by PowerOfDixieland

12 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

DB obviously thinks his bro is a baller but don’t kid yourself if you think we would’ve offered him regardless of his relationship with DB. 

I don't know & am not going to to make an assumption one way or the other til AU reporters tell us if that's why the offer was made or not. As of now it's plausible KB was offered on his own merit based on need on at least 1 if not 2 positions.

16 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

He was already an All American FB.

I know smarty pants. I didn't say nor imply AU was the team that converted him to FB. He was a LB in high school & Illinois converted him to FB.

6 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

We don’t touch this guy if Brown isn’t here.

Maybe but I'm going to wait for a source covering the program or connected to the program to tell me that. Is this is your way of saying that's the word from your sources?

9 minutes ago, alexava said:

can he gain about 40 pounds and play center?

We need an OT more if Tega leaves.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I didn't say nor imply AU was the team that converted him to FB. 

Sure. It was just irrelevant. Many have played LB/FB, LB/OL in HS.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

He was a LB in high school & Illinois converted him to FB.

He played both ways in HS. Don’t think he was ever recruited as a LB. 

11 minutes ago, ellitor said:

More than 1 I believe but the one that sticks out is Doc's remaining spots thread. Regardless I have posted everything in here that I posted in there also.

I guess I’ll start looking..

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ClarkGriswold said:

I have to disagree with you about Bo.

The "hot" signee that year was Alan Evans, RB from Enterprise, who as we all know, went on to oblivion until he was able to peddle his son to the dark side.

Evans was all state 4A, http://www.ahsfhs.org/allstate/allstateteam21sql.asp?year=1981&class=4A&source=BN 

And Bo was all state 3A .http://www.ahsfhs.org/allstate/allstateteam21sql.asp?year=1981&class=3A&source=BN

However, Evans was the Parade All-american. https://www.newspapers.com/clip/7511733/1981_parade_all_america_high_school/

I was in school at the time, we quickly figured out who the star was...

Who knew there was a @ClarkGriswold that could do something right? Well done Clark!

• Love 1

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

He played both ways in HS. Don’t think he was ever recruited as a LB. 

Interesting. I only read about him playing LB in high school. Bever read anything about him playing offense but you're right. I just scooped this from his Illinois Bio...

High School: First-team ASWA 4A All-State selection at linebacker as a senior ... Played in the Alabama/Mississippi All-Star game ... Named the 4A Lineman of the Year by the Alabama Sports Writers Association ... Recorded 199 total tackles, 114 solo stops, 16 for loss, five pass breakups and a sack as a senior ... Averaged 15.9 tackles per game ... First-team ASWA 4A All-State selection at offensive line as a junior ... Team captain as a senior ... Used as a fullback in short yardage situations and rushed five times for 16 yards and a touchdown ... Helped lead UMS-Wright Bulldogs to the 4A AHSAA state championship in 2008 ... Mobile Optimist Club Player of the Year ... High school coach was Terry Curtis ... Recorded a 440 bench press and 590 squat.