2019 2* LB/HB Kameron Brown Commits to AU!!!

AUDub

Just now, Tigerpro2a said:

i really don't understand the whole "undersized" thing.....Isnt he listed as 6"0 and 220? That's really not undersized.....I think the issue with him is he needs to be trimmed up and instead of the 220 he is now he needs good weight on. Needs to get more muscle....JMO.....would love to hear more from you guys

Correction....just went and re-read the thread,..228 LBs

12 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

i really don't understand the whole "undersized" thing.....Isnt he listed as 6"0 and 220? That's really not undersized.....I think the issue with him is he needs to be trimmed up and instead of the 220 he is now he needs good weight on. Needs to get more muscle....JMO.....would love to hear more from you guys

Totally agree. I haven't seen much of him at all but first impression is that he's not undersized unless we're recruiting him at offensive guard. Otherwise, he looks like a prototype LB or FB who lacks muscle definition. Physically, he reminds me of Eric Smith. And DAMN, this team needs another Eric Smith. 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

He's more like 5'10 or 5'11 FWIW. Also his size isn't the biggest concern for him as a potential college LB. It's his speed & ability to go sideline to sideline. His structure & speed speaks to a higher ceiling as a college blocker than a LB.

45 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Correction....just went and re-read the thread,..228 LBs

222 or 230 depending on the site you use.

37 minutes ago, ellitor said:

He's more like 5'10 or 5'11 FWIW. Also his size isn't the biggest concern for him as a potential college LB. It's his speed & ability to go sideline to sideline. His structure & speed speaks to a higher ceiling as a college blocker than a LB.

Ellitor....did you get this info about his size from an inside source? Just curious. Also yes I agree i think he would be a beast as a replacement for C. Cox

26 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

did you get this info about his size from an inside source?

No. It’s been posted in various places that he is closer to 5  foot 10 or 5 foot 11. Also height and weight listings by recruiting sites, especially height listings are usually an inch or two off across the board. And they are always off on the listed taller than actual size. 

54 minutes ago, ellitor said:

No. It’s been posted in various places that he is closer to 5  foot 10 or 5 foot 11. Also height and weight listings by recruiting sites, especially height listings are usually an inch or two off across the board. And they are always off on the listed taller than actual size. 

Got ya. BTW, do you how Bo Nix's true size....ive seen him listed at 6'1 -6'3.5???

2 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Got ya. BTW, do you how Bo Nix's true size....ive seen him listed at 6'1 -6'3.5???

Never seen him listed as 6'3+. Highest I've seen him listed is 6'2. Keith says he's about 6'1.5 FWIW.

Edited by ellitor

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Never seen him listed as 6'3+. Keith says he's about 6'1.5 FWIW.

most places i have seen was the same as Keith but I did see somewhere had him at 6'3. I will see if i can find it and post it...it's been a few weeks ago when i saw it, It may have been an article I cant remember but I thought he was in the 6'1 neighborhood.....He does appear to be a tall 6'1.5

• 2 weeks later...

Kameron Brown commits to Auburn

10 minutes ago

https://auburn.247sports.com/LongFormArticle/Kameron-Brown-commits-to-Auburn-younger-brother-of-Tigers-star-defender-Derrick-Brown-128076970/?utm_source=247Sports Newsletter&utm_medium=Newsletter&utm_campaign=190122_150442_Auburn Tigers&utm_content=Link&liveconnect=99-FD-B8-99-12-20-A9-E2-F9-3F-82-B8-8B-2F-6B-53190122_150442AuburnTigers

AUBURN, ALABAMA -- When Kameron Brown was a ninth-grader at Sugar Hill (Ga.) Lanier, he and his older brother, standout defensive tackle Derrick Brown, a 5-star recruit, were teammates. But, according to Kameron, they weren't on the field very much together on Friday nights.

"Freshman year, we had one play together," Brown said.

Now, the two will be teammates again. On Tuesday, Kameron, a 3-star linebacker, committed to the Tigers two days after his official visit to Auburn concluded.

"It feels great," Brown told Auburn Undercover on Tuesday morning at his school.

The 6-feet, 228-pound Brown was one of the most productive players in the metro-Atlanta area as a senior, putting up monster numbers (200-plus tackles) for one of the state's top defenses. Lanier High coach Korey Mobbs told 247Sports last week Brown was the best player on a team that has a quarterback who early enrolled at Texas A&M and a 4-star 2020 linebacker.

Despite that, no FBS school other than Auburn has offered him -- and that offer came just two weeks ago during a phone call with Tigers coach Gus Malzahn.

Said Brown: "That was one of the most exciting things I've had happen in awhile."

For Auburn, Brown is commitment No. 18. They also have a grad transfer (H-back Jay Jay Wilson of  Arizona State) on board. Sixteen of those recruits signed with the Tigers during the Early Signing Period in December. Auburn has the No. 12 class ranking in the country according to 247Sports.

Auburn could add up to six or seven more players to the class. 

Brown was one of six (confirmed) official visitors on campus last weekend. He spent a good bit of time with offensive tackle Ira Henry, one of Auburn's top remaining targets.

Brown has been a regular at Auburn football games at Jordan-Hare Stadium since his brother signed with the Tigers in 2016. With Derrick, there was drama until the end as the Tigers ultimately beat about Alabama and Georgia. With Kameron, there will be no such drama.

The moment Auburn offered him a scholarship, the Tigers surged into the lead. Before then, FCS Gardner Webb probably was his top school.

After Auburn offered, Derrick Brown was quick to congratuate his brother on Twitter -- and over the telephone.

"He was like, 'It's about time,' " Kameron Brown said.

For Brown, the waiting has been the hardest part. As a senior at Sugar Hill (Ga.) Lanier, he recorded 205 tackles -- 149 solo -- in 2018. For his efforts, he was named Gwinnett Daily Post Defensive Player of the Year, which wrote, "He was definitely a leader on the field for not only the Longhorns, but all Gwinnett players, in many ways this fall, including leading all county tacklers ... And he did it from a far different position than he thought he’d play while growing up looking up to big brother Derrick. While hardly small, being less massive than his brother meant making adjustments to his plans, and his style of play."

Yet, despite his play, the major colleges hadn't come calling. The reason?

"It's because of my height basically," he said. "And my measurables. They don't think I can move as well as some of the other kids but I'll show them."

Now, Brown is out to prove the doubters wrong. He told Auburn Undercover last week his  football instincts make up for the fact he does not have a stellar 40-yard dash time.

It makes up for a lot of that," Brown said. "When I'm on the field, I feel like I'm the fastest one on the field. I feel like I'm the strongest one. When I'm playing I feel like nobody can honestly play with me."

Brown has compared himself to Auburn linebacker Deshaun Davis, an All-SEC performer, because of size and testing speed.

"He has heart. When he goes out there he doesn't care. He's just ready to go. Even if it's lineman he has to take on, he takes on the lineman and makes the play. He's always around the ball as well. 

Brown's commitment really comes as no surprise.

Entering last weekend, he told Auburn Undercover there was a chance he could do something -- perhaps even during his official. At the time, he said the Tigers were way out in front.

The lead "is pretty big," Brown said last Wednesday. "I mean, nobody wants to pass up the opportunity to go play with some of the best players in the country. And some of the best coaches in the country."

During the same interview, Brown was asked who his biggest supporter has been.

"I'd say my big brother. Derrick, even though he's gone (to Auburn) and stuff, he's always been behind me every time supporting me," Brown said.

What kind of player is Auburn getting in Brown?

"I think it's all about the intangibles and what he brings to the team," Mobbs said. "He was our most productive player. A lot of people want to talk about if he's tall enough, is he fast enough? I just know he's the best football player on every Friday night."

Here's a position-by-position look at where things stand in Auburn's 

Edited by toddc
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

Just now, McLoofus said:

This guy will be an asset no matter at what level he contributes on the field. 

Can you post article for me brother, I’m having trouble with my phone 

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

This guy will be an asset no matter at what level he contributes on the field. 

I got it posted 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Hard to tell for sure, but just going off that article it sounds like we recruited him at LB. 

We are recruiting him as an ATH but given the misses with Dylan Jordan & Chris Russell it looks like his 1st shot will be at LB.

The 6-feet, 228-pound Brown was one of the most productive players in the metro-Atlanta area as a senior, putting up monster numbers (200-plus tackles) for one of the state's top defenses. 

Maybe I missed earlier posts in this thread, but why was this guy listed a 2*?  And had no FBS offers other than AU?  Seems very odd that UGA/Clemson/or Muschamp at USCe didn't even give him the time of day.

• ellitor changed the title to 2019 2* LB/HB Kameron Brown Commits to AU!!!
2 minutes ago, keesler said:

The 6-feet, 228-pound Brown was one of the most productive players in the metro-Atlanta area as a senior, putting up monster numbers (200-plus tackles) for one of the state's top defenses. 

Maybe I missed earlier posts in this thread, but why was this guy listed a 2*?  And had no FBS offers other than AU?  Seems very odd that UGA/Clemson/or Muschamp at USCe didn't even give him the time of day.

I agree looking at his stats, but I guess too many coaches looking at measurables alone. I like the kids drive and attitude and heart!

Edited by toddc
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, keesler said:

Maybe I missed earlier posts in this thread, but why was this guy listed a 2*?

Height & sideline to sideline speed. He's really closer to 5'10. He's going to have to make up for the speed with instincts, toughness, & technique.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Height & sideline to sideline speed. He's really closer to 5'10. He's going to have to make up for the speed with instincts, toughness, & technique.

So he's more of a project at the moment?  The SEC's brutal and the upper echelon teams recruit to a specific body type that can develop into SEC caliber LB.

Well, he'll have a damn good mentor in big brother so good luck to him and WDE!

• Like 1

DeShaun Davis proved you can be a damn good LB at 6 ft 

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

If he turns out as good as DeShaun, I will be extremely happy.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

& he's not 6 foot either...

• Thanks 1

You can't measure heart and it sounds like this kid has heart. I look for him to be a player for us. Welcome and :wareagle::wareagle::wareagle: