2019 2* LB/HB Kameron Brown Commits to AU!!!

AUDub

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Height & sideline to sideline speed. He's really closer to 5'10. He's going to have to make up for the speed with instincts, toughness, & technique.

Saying that reminds me of Deshaun Davis.

• Like 1

Welcome aboard and I have a feeling in a few years people will be very glad we gave him the chance. 

6 hours ago, keesler said:

Maybe I missed earlier posts in this thread, but why was this guy listed a 2*?  And had no FBS offers other than AU?  Seems very odd that UGA/Clemson/or Muschamp at USCe didn't even give him the time of day.

Pretty sure part of it was that they knew if AU offered, he'd come here. Also, he's not the type prospect those schools try to sign early. He's more of a HollaBack type. Like Boobie Whitlow and Daniel Thomas were for us the last few years. Those two are doing ok, last time I checked.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

Pretty sure part of it was that they knew if AU offered, he'd come here. Also, he's not the type prospect those schools try to sign early. He's more of a HollaBack type. Like Boobie Whitlow and Daniel Thomas were for us the last few years. Those two are doing ok, last time I checked.

You're probably right, I suppose it's a rarity for those type programs to pursue a 2* LB.  With his stats, the school he player for and racking up those kind of #'s,  I'd have thought more than one FBS program (AU) would've shown some interest.  Good luck to him, I'm excited to see what he brings to the D.

Schools sometimes get caught up in measurables for a kid..... but over the years the "un-measurables"  often turn out to be the keys to success.....heart, intensity, determination, etc.  If he's got those attributes, he will find a home at AU...

• Like 2

this is what you have to do if you have a FB/HB position to fill. Those guys are rarities in HS football these days. Gotta find those tough as nails MLB types that aren't quite quick enough for the DI level and convert them. Hopefully he like contact and wants to put in some hard work at HB

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, keesler said:

You're probably right, I suppose it's a rarity for those type programs to pursue a 2* LB.  With his stats, the school he player for and racking up those kind of #'s,  I'd have thought more than one FBS program (AU) would've shown some interest.  Good luck to him, I'm excited to see what he brings to the D.

His brother is Derrick Brown if you’re wondering why we are his only FBS offer.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Schools sometimes get caught up in measurables for a kid..... but over the years the "un-measurables"  often turn out to be the keys to success.....heart, intensity, determination, etc.  If he's got those attributes, he will find a home at AU...

...and we have a much better read on that than anyone else. We have every reason to assume that he's going to be a first class human being just like big bro. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

...and we have a much better read on that than anyone else. We have every reason to assume that he's going to be a first class human being just like big bro. 

Not necessarily! My brothers and I were nothing alike. We all had the same upbringing but were totally opposite in a lotta ways. I hope you are right though and the coaches may have seen the same qualities in him as Derrick.

Edited by toddc

18 minutes ago, toddc said:

Not necessarily! My brothers and I were nothing alike. We all had the same upbringing but were totally opposite in a lotta ways. I hope you are right though and the coaches may have seen the same qualities in him as Derrick.

Same here

19 minutes ago, toddc said:

Haha. Me and my brother, too. I could be wrong but I see a different dynamic with these guys. 

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Haha. Me and my brother, too. I could be wrong but I see a different dynamic with these guys. 

Probably true of all siblings (including me and my brothers and all of my own girls) but the foundational/core stuff is usually the same

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, fredst said:

Probably true of all siblings (including me and my brothers and all of my own girls) but the foundational/core stuff is usually the same

Yep. Usually. 

Given that both of these guys are extremely high-achieving football players, openly express their love for each other on social media, one followed the other here, the first one- the one they call a presidential nickname because of his intelligence and leadership ability- came here partially because of the shady crap that other schools tried to offer, the fact that the Brown family was widely discussed for their class and integrity when he was signed...

...yeah, until Baby Brown proves otherwise, I'm going to assume they're cut from the same high quality cloth. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

23 hours ago, McLoofus said:

yeah, until Baby Brown proves otherwise, I'm going to assume they're cut from the same high quality cloth. 

agree...the fact that he wants to come to AU and be under the watchful eye of big brother......JMO but that is significant....and a good thing....and says good things about Auburn too. . 

• Like 1

I haven't seen or heard any haters regarding Kameron despite his 2* rating. I would expect him to be bumped to 3* if there is still time because everyone knows Auburn doesn't recruit 2* talent.  But regardless we all know and trust that KB will put all his heart and soul and ability toward the success of our Auburn Tigers for the next four or five years.  That being said there would be a lot of doubters and negative comments directed at CGM and/or staff for probably any other 2* out there and some 3* recruits as well if they didn't have the right credentials.  War Eagle Kameron Brown!!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, autan said:

I haven't seen or heard any haters regarding Kameron despite his 2* rating. I would expect him to be bumped to 3* if there is still time because everyone knows Auburn doesn't recruit 2* talent.  But regardless we all know and trust that KB will put all his heart and soul and ability toward the success of our Auburn Tigers for the next four or five years.  That being said there would be a lot of doubters and negative comments directed at CGM and/or staff for probably any other 2* out there and some 3* recruits as well if they didn't have the right credentials.  War Eagle Kameron Brown!!!

"you're so right Carl"   

After reading  the article on Davis and Muschamp not thinking he could play but Steele comes in and immediately thinks he is a stud it makes me feel even better about Brown. Steele has proven he knows what an SEC LB looks like even if he is not tall enough or fast enough. Steele wants him at LB and TWill wants him at LB that is good enough for me.

• Like 3