2019 2* LB/HB Kameron Brown Commits to AU!!!

AUDub

1 hour ago, AUDub said:

We apparently just offered Derrick Brown's little bro, a 3* MLB.

Just saw that myself . Lanier right up road from me . Have heard a lot about him but hasn’t really taken off in recruiting world . He won same defensive award his brother won back in the day . Either region defensive player of year or classification.(can’t remember) 

Wonder if this is a move to get Derrick to stick around another year. Or could be one of those diamonds in the rough. 

Got anything on this ? 

@ellitor or @WarDamnEagleWDE

Edited by bmartin3228
  • Like 1

Kameron Brown, younger brother to AU star, gets Tigers offer

By Keith Niebuhr
8373206.JPG?fit=bounds&crop=620:320,offs
Kameron Brown. (Photo: Rusty Mansell, 247Sports)

For Kameron Brown, the waiting has been the hardest part. As a senior linebacker for Sugar Hill (Ga.) Lanier, he recorded 205 tackles -- 149 solo -- in 2018. For his efforts, he was named Gwinnett Daily Post Defensive Player of the Year.

Yet, despite his play, the major colleges hadn't come calling.

In a surprising development, Auburn offered the unrated senior.

"I'm excited," Brown told Auburn Undercover. "I was real excited. The thing about getting an offer like this is, it's an honor."

Brown wasn't the only member of his family thrilled by this news. His older brother is star Tigers defensive tackle Derrick Brown.

"He was like, 'It's about time,' " Kameron Brown said.

For months, Derrick Brown has stumped on Twitter for colleges to take a look at his brother. Finally, it was the Tigers who bit. The offer came directly from Auburn coach Gus Malzahn during a Friday night phone call.

For Brown, who said he is 6-feet, 228 pounds, this was offer No. 6. Before Friday, FCS Gardner Webb probably was his leader. But now things have changed in a big way and he plans to officially visit Auburn soon.

"I will consider (Auburn) strongly," Brown said. "With (Auburn All-SEC linebacker) Deshaun Davis, I'm like two inches taller than him and I weigh the same. "

Why haven't more schools pursued Brown?

"It's because of my height basically," he said. "And my measurables. They don't think I can move as well as some of the other kids but I'll show them."

Auburn has one linebacker signed and that is 5-star early enrollee Owen Pappoe. The Tigers would like to sign two more.

Meantime, Brown's older brother has himself a big decision to make. After three years at Auburn, he could leave early for the NFL (most think he's a first-rounder). But might he be tempted to stay -- and could a chance to play one season with his younger brother weigh into his decision?

"We'll see," Kameron Brown said. "He still has time to declare."

Edited by ellitor
Posted article & link.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Kameron Brown's recruitment is going to be fun.  I'm wondering how he could be the county defensive player of the year in Gwinnett County according to a newspaper, and yet not even be a rated prospect.  Over 900,000 people live in Gwinnett County, so a lot of football players live there.  If you watch his HUDL you'll see speed isn't his problem.  Some say he's another Williams - Auburn's attention and his films are going to blow him up.  We'll see.  At any rate I hope Derrick sticks around to play a year with his brother, like the Carlsons. 

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, bmartin3228 said:

Wonder if this is a move to get Derrick to stick around another year. Or could be one of those diamonds in the rough. 

Not sure about that. DB has his own individual things to deal with via an injury that may keep him from declaring.

25 minutes ago, bmartin3228 said:

Got anything on this ? 

Nothing else besides we may actually be recruiting him as an HB instead of a LB.

19 minutes ago, im4au said:

Some say he's another Williams - Auburn's attention and his films are going to blow him up.

Haven't seen that said. Just saw one reporter say don't count him out like DJ just because he's a 2 *.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ellitor said:

Haven't seen that said. Just saw one reporter say don't count him out like DJ just because he's a 2 *.

My comment is a blending of the quote you saw and premium content that I can't quote.  It's a post by a paid analyst on a message board that says his status (as someone with smaller offers) "will change" - not "may", but "will"..  You'll find it.  That's why I said this is going to be fun.  

7 hours ago, bmartin3228 said:

Wonder if this is a move to get Derrick to stick around another year.

Without a doubt, yes. 

There goes the average rating per commit.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

9 hours ago, AUDub said:

I don’t even think he is a 3*.

7 hours ago, ellitor said:

Not sure about that. DB has his own individual things to deal with via an injury that may keep him from declaring.

Nothing else besides we may actually be recruiting him as an HB instead of a LB.

Hey, E - DB has an injury?

9 hours ago, im4au said:

Kameron Brown's recruitment is going to be fun.  I'm wondering how he could be the county defensive player of the year in Gwinnett County according to a newspaper, and yet not even be a rated prospect.  Over 900,000 people live in Gwinnett County, so a lot of football players live there.  If you watch his HUDL you'll see speed isn't his problem.  Some say he's another Williams - Auburn's attention and his films are going to blow him up.  We'll see.  At any rate I hope Derrick sticks around to play a year with his brother, like the Carlsons. 

Gwinnett has one of the largest, if not the largest school system in Georgia.

They probably offered him to keep Derrick for one more year. But I personally like what I seen from his film. I like the way he tackles, he's physical and hustles. I see some project him as an HB, but I wouldn't count him out as a late bloomer on the LB corps down the line

“Look bud, I’m gonna offer your brother because he’s a good ball player. But wouldn’t it be cool to play with your little bro your senior year?”

• Like 1

Someone mentioned H back ...maybe fullback ?    I could see that with Cox graduating.      Back in the day, coaches used to turn FBs into LBs....maybe a reverse of that :dunno:

His HUDL highlights make him look like a dadgum 4 star. Yes, they’re highlights, but he’s got great closing speed, and reads plays pretty well. I like it.

edit: he’ll be a 3* soon enough 

Edited by tigerbrotha12

13 hours ago, AUDub said:

this was a great move....think about why....i only read the OP so this will may be mentioned in the replies....very smart

1 hour ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

His HUDL highlights make him look like a dadgum 4 star. Yes, they’re highlights, but he’s got great closing speed, and reads plays pretty well. I like it.

edit: he’ll be a 3* soon enough 

Doesn't have SEC speed sideline to sideline, but will knock your block off and has a great nose for the ball. 

Hope he blossoms at this level. Not unheard of. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

I don’t even think he is a 3*.

You're right. Rivals has him as a 2*. Nobody else had him ranked. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, meh130 said:

Gwinnett has one of the largest, if not the largest school system in Georgia.

Maybe the country at this point (maybe excluding CA or NY).  I graduated from Central Gwinnett (c/o '90) and there were quite a few schools in Gwinnett, even back then.  The number of schools has exploded since then.

Edited by AUsince72

1 hour ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Bo Jackson was a 2 star 

No, he was a 3 star.  He starred in track also. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Not to derail this thread but if we’re looking for diamonds in the ruff take a look at the kid from wetumpka