2019 2* LB/HB Kameron Brown Commits to AU!!!

AUDub

18 minutes ago, CR said:

I'm neither of those guys, but if memory is correct Bo played both ways at McAdory. I think that kept him from having the really gaudy numbers at RB that one would expect  a player of his ability to have. He also was a track and field star and I believe he played damn near every sport the HS offered. Recruiting was a totally different beast in those days, I can remember seeing articles in The Birmingham News about a week before signing day about who was going where. There was nowhere near the coverage one can find currently. For better or for worse.

Yep. McAdory won the state championship in track and Bo scored every single point for their team. He was highly regarded in baseball, drafted I believe by the Yankees in early rounds (?second) out of high school. He was very good at football but, as stated above, Evans created more excitement as a football signee. I do remember an article in the newspaper that came out of Auburn’s early fall camp, maybe after the first scrimmage- you could tell by  Dye and the other players quotes that they knew then that Bo was a generational talent but that wasn’t the case when he was being recruited.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Interesting. I only read about him playing LB in high school. Bever read anything about him playing offense but you're right. I just scooped this from his Illinois Bio...

and yet, there he was playing up there in Illinois  ?     Came south due to his mother's illness if I recall.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

@Mikey & @augolf1716 will have to jog my memory here but as great as Bo was I don't think he was hyped up out of high school like his talent should have been & 5* rated guys are. I got the impression from their stories Bo was under valued coming out of high school.

In Bo's recruiting class we did sign the #1 rated RB in America.  Alan Evans from Enterprise chose Auburn over Southern Cal.  Yes--the same Alan Evans (Rashaan Evan's father) that seems to hold a grudge today against Auburn University because he was not as talented as Bo.  He transferred to UT-Chattanooga and to my understanding, was never a starter there either. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, alexava said:

Tega ain’t going nowhere. 

I'm 3 days late on this but looks like you are right. My guess now is AU will take 1 maybe 2 OTs. If they take a transfer OT it will likely be an undergrad that will sit out next year & be ready to play in 2020 after Tega & Driscoll are gone. Still think the staff should be looking for a GT Center though.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

I'm 3 days late on this but looks like you are right. My guess now is AU will take 1 maybe 2 OTs. If they take a transfer OT it will likely be an undergrad that will sit out next year & be ready to play in 2020 after Tega & Driscoll are gone. Still think the staff should be looking for a GT Center though.

My source is my gut. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

@Mikey & @augolf1716 will have to jog my memory here but as great as Bo was I don't think he was hyped up out of high school like his talent should have been & 5* rated guys are. I got the impression from their stories Bo was under valued coming out of high school.

It was big cause bammer wanted him as well but I don't remember Auburn people going crazy that we got this unbelieveable player. It was nothing compared to when we got Pat and Terry everybody went crazy....................................and I mean everybody. Mickey may remember it differently 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

It was big cause bammer wanted him as well but I don't remember Auburn people going crazy that we got this unbelieveable player. It was nothing compared to when we got Pat and Terry everybody went crazy....................................and I mean everybody. Mickey may remember it differently 

In addition to Pat & Terry, we came within a whisker of getting Musso too.  But you're right.  Pat & Terry was huge for everyone who followed AU back then because the two of them could have gone ANYWHERE.

• Like 2

I love kids like these.  Reminds me of Daniel Thomas.  Very low recruited, giving him a chip on his shoulder.  Appears to have a good head on his shoulders, like his brother.  And could easily be the next DeShaun Davis.  I would welcome another member of the Brown family!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, fredst said:

Yep. McAdory won the state championship in track and Bo scored every single point for their team. He was highly regarded in baseball, drafted I believe by the Yankees in early rounds (?second) out of high school. He was very good at football but, as stated above, Evans created more excitement as a football signee. I do remember an article in the newspaper that came out of Auburn’s early fall camp, maybe after the first scrimmage- you could tell by  Dye and the other players quotes that they knew then that Bo was a generational talent but that wasn’t the case when he was being recruited.

Bo was also in 5 events at the state meet (1981) and won 4 out of the five.  The only reason he didn't win the last event was because it was a relay and it was a team effort rather than an individual event.  Why was he in 5 events?  That's all the AHSAA would allow anyone to compete in.  Otherwise he would have participated in more.

• Love 1

8 hours ago, ellitor said:

I just remember that I heard people talking about Auburn signing someone named Vincent "Bo"Jackson at a time when I had no knowledge of any prospects.  Then all I heard for months was how great this guy will be.   I don't recall ever hearing so much about an Auburn signing before him and I've been following Auburn tall for over 50 years now.  Believe me, he was hyped!

50 minutes ago, dilligas said:

I just remember that I heard people talking about Auburn signing someone named Vincent "Bo"Jackson at a time when I had no knowledge of any prospects.  Then all I heard for months was how great this guy will be.   I don't recall ever hearing so much about an Auburn signing before him and I've been following Auburn tall for over 50 years now.  Believe me, he was hyped!

Evans was more hyped.

15 hours ago, ellitor said:

Head there been word that he is staying? Inside grumblings?

4 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Head there been word that he is staying? Inside grumblings?

Yes. That's why I said I'm 3 days late.

• Like 1

AU needs a FB. This kid looks to be a stud FB in the making. Love the offer. The Browns are class as class comes. All of them. Kid will be 3x better than Cox. 

Wasnt the deciding factor on his brother coming back but it didn’t hurt at all. Good job all around by Gus and his staff. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

22 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Bo was a middle to top recruit to most of the colleges, including bama. All knew who Bo was but he wasn’t a priority.  Was the top guy by far for Dye and his staff. Rest is history. Per Pat and Bo. Pat Dye is probably the best recruiting HC in college football history. Including Saban. Damn Dye was elite. 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Bo was a middle to top recruit to most of the colleges, including bama. All knew who Bo was but he wasn’t a priority.  Was the top guy by far for Dye and his staff. Rest is history. Per Pat and Bo. Pat Dye is probably the best recruiting HC in college football history. Including Saban. Damn Dye was elite. 

He had a big budget 😃

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

AU needs a FB. This kid looks to be a stud FB in the making. Love the offer. The Browns are class as class comes. All of them. Kid will be 3x better than Cox. 

Wasnt the deciding factor on his brother coming back but it didn’t hurt at all. Good job all around by Gus and his staff.

You know, I really was thinking that after watching his film and E saying we wanted him a H-back that he could be really good there. Kid hits hard and has good instincts, and while he may not have the speed to be an SEC LB, he could make for an excellent blocking back. 

On January 5, 2019 at 3:15 PM, fredst said:

That early camp hype is what I am referring to.  That's when I first heard of Bo, after signing but before his freshman season started.  He created quite a stir quickly after arrival on campus.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Many colleges thought Bo would sign a professional baseball contract when the June draft came along.  He did turn down Steinbrenner & the Yankees offer of close to $250,000.

1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

This is what I was looking for and thinking. Thanks WDE!

It’s sounds like he is a for sure take.  That we have options for him once he arrives.  And could be on the field at the same time with his brother which may never happen again in their lives.  Come on down!

break bread for the fam and hope he has that edge to be more than just a mean to various ends. It sounds harsh, but such harshness is only going to embolden him. The opportunities are there to make a few waves in the LB corps

Edited by Dual-Threat Rigby

44 minutes ago, WarEagle2423 said:

If we get him as a fullback, what position do we likely take away from with the last 9 spots? 

DL since his brother is staying for another year?

If we sign Brown as a FB or HB, does this mean Joiner will actually be used as a RB instead of a FB?