Derrick Brown returning!

Maverick.AU

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

Nick Coe still has to decide correct?

I thought he said on Twitter a while ago that he was staying? I’ll see if I can find that or if I made it up. 😂

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

IMHO Derrick's decision more than offsets Oregon's (better than he looked in the bowl) QB returning for our Arlington showdown.  

That's not a bad way to look at it.

14 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Side bar:  That list gif, for those who don't know, is from The Campaign.  Criminally underrated Will Ferrell flick.

Concur. 

it is my understanding from another board that mr brown's draft stock would take a big hit because he cannot perform like he is capable of and his draft placement would take a hit possibly costing him some serious money? anyone else heard this? and i am certainly no throwing shade on mr brown as he is one of my favorite players. i sure am looking forward to another year of watching mr brown. i love the way he hits backfields like a wrecking ball and is always grinning after the play is over.

19 hours ago, ChltteTiger said:

What did Tega decide? No mention that we are waiting on his decision in the AL.com article about Brown.

Not sure - just the biggest decision I am waiting on - at least from my perspective. 

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

it is my understanding from another board that mr brown's draft stock would take a big hit because he cannot perform like he is capable of and his draft placement would take a hit possibly costing him some serious money?

Posted a number of times, mainly in the recruiting forum though since I don't visit the football forum often.

2 hours ago, AidiAU said:
3 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Nick Coe still has to decide correct?

I thought he said on Twitter a while ago that he was staying?

He did. Was the 1st one to say he's returning if I'm not mistaken.

15 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Posted a number of times, mainly in the recruiting forum though since I don't visit the football forum often.

thanx man.....i really appreciate what you do for the board. i think your work and insights are outstanding! i seldom post in recruiting but i do visit very often.

1 minute ago, Tigger1985 said:

Someone said Kirby talking to Tampa Bay. Any one else heard this?

I will be shocked if this happens...he is a leg-humper through and through.

i believe Tampa just hired coach bruce arians.

15 hours ago, AUwent said:

I will be shocked if this happens...he is a leg-humper through and through.

Plus big time college coaches have it better IMO....can bring in their own players instead of having to play whoever the GMs hire...and they.   don't have disgruntled stars complaining to the media.   Most have long term contracts and financial security.    Chip Kelly is a good lessor for ambitious college HCs who would like to be in the NFL....  JMO but that's why the top college coaches will stay where they are and by that...I mean, not even chasing other college jobs where they would have to rebuild a program.    It's high pressure but several good years and they are financially set for life if they are careful. 

Archived