Feeling better about next year

thaitopher

Just think it’s Gatewood or bust next year. Don’t think Nix is 100% ready for sec ball as a true frosh. I’ll happily eat crow if I’m wrong, but I’ve said before, if we unlock Gatewood’s potential, he’s making a trip to New York.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gatewood can already run, has an elite frame, can throw however many yards, it's really just Gus being able to scheme a good enough passing scheme to take advantages of his strengths. Honestly, if you just gave him Stidham's simplified playbook, it can't be that difficult and he certainly can't be that much more inaccurate as JS this previous season.

IF Gatewood gets the nod, and then IF we have a successful season, especially on offense, the “Gus can only be successful with a legit running QB” crowd will make a roaring comeback unlike anything we have ever seen before! 

.....and tbh, the validity of their point will be stronger than ever as well.   

16 hours ago, toddc said:

Of the plumbing business? 

Yes. I like Mr. Fred is he still living?

21 minutes ago, kd4au said:

Yes. I like Mr. Fred is he still living?

Fred and Peasy(what we call her) are still around.

1 hour ago, toddc said:

Fred and Peasy(what we call her) are still around.

That's great. He probably wouldn't remember me. I haven't seen him in probably over 20 something years. He's got to be getting on up in years, glad to hear he is still living and hope he is in good health. 

On 1/10/2019 at 9:55 AM, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Gatewood or Willis both have a shot at starting the year. I think Bo is ready wait his turn if necessary but also will be ready to go if needed. I just hope Gus goes into spring with honest intentions to allow the best to rise up and then to make his choice based on the outcome and not by favoritism.

Agreed.

On 1/10/2019 at 12:06 PM, keesler said:

Maybe you're right Red, do you honestly see Gatewood/Willis hanging around to be a backup to a 4 yr starter type guy?

Willis wouldn't surprise me, and Sandberg wouldn't surprise me. If Gatewood is willing to play somewhere other than QB, he'll stick around...but as it stands, I think he's the front runner heading into spring practice, and from what I've seen, I don't think he's willing to play elsewhere in college, so if Nix does take hold of the starter's job this year, I suspect JG will transfer. And I wouldn't blame him. He's too good not to put his talents on display.

On 1/11/2019 at 7:37 PM, oracle79 said:

If he's that good, he won't be here for 4 years.

You never know. If he starts as a true freshman, he'll be the starter for at least 3 years, and I wouldn't put it past him to want to finish his degree, maybe win another national championship or something. It's not unheard of.

14 hours ago, Rednilla said:

You never know. If he starts as a true freshman, he'll be the starter for at least 3 years, and I wouldn't put it past him to want to finish his degree, maybe win another national championship or something. It's not unheard of.

That would be great.

Archived