Feel so bad for Cody Parkey

AUght2win

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same. I like Parkey.  But at the same time, that's his job. He gets paid good money to kick those and he isn't doing it very well this season. 

The only reason they were in the game was because of him, though I know people will only dwell on the last crazy double doink miss.

He's a good kicker and will get a lot more shots, but yeah... feel for him atm

Five "doinks" this year...who could believe that to be possible....?

Ugh.  Wish I wouldn't have watched that.  

I told my wife before the kick "He's going to be the Hero or the Goat" and my 3 year old yelled out Goat...

Feel so bad for him.

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

Five "doinks" this year...who could believe that to be possible....?

23-30 with a lot of his tries being 40+. I don't think he'll be jobless anytime soon. He'll have his shot at retribution at some point.

Yup!  That was heart breaking for the kid. Makes the iced shot but just barely misses the game winner. Wow. War Eagle Cody, keep your head up!

Some a-hole has already updated his wiki page. There are some miserable people in this world. 

11 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

The only reason they were in the game was because of him, though I know people will only dwell on the last crazy double doink miss.

He's a good kicker and will get a lot more shots, but yeah... feel for him atm

I wouldn't be so sure he will get many more chances.  He's on his fourth team already.

12 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

23-30 with a lot of his tries being 40+. I don't think he'll be jobless anytime soon. He'll have his shot at retribution at some point.

I love Cody Parkey, great Auburn man, but 23 of 30 is bottom 5 of the league. He just had a bad year. Hope he bounces back, or at least is given the opportunity somewhere. 

On a side note, isn’t it great to see Daniel Carlson finish top 4 in the league!?!  And on top of that, nothing against Dan Bailey, but good to see the Minnesota replacement finish so bad. They really jump the gun by cutting a kicker after one game THAT THEY DRAFTED!  Too bad they didn’t lose the season on a kick last week. 

5 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I wouldn't be so sure he will get many more chances.  He's on his fourth team already.

Year
Team
FG ATT
FGM
PCT
COMB
AST

-
-

-
-

-
-

It's his worst year for sure, but unless he slides more... he'll stick around.

Also, I don't keep up with NFL news much.... why did the dolphins let him go after such a great year for them?

5 minutes ago, Mims44 said:
Year
Team
FG ATT
FGM
PCT
COMB
AST

-
-

-
-

-
-

The average make percentage has been 84% each of the last 5 years in the league.  He's been below that threshold three times in that span.  Add to that his history of missing some big kicks (Browns in 2016, Chicago now) and he'll be fighting like hell just to get a look next season.

5 minutes ago, Mims44 said:
Year
Team
FG ATT
FGM
PCT
COMB
AST

-
-

-
-

-
-

Also, I don't keep up with NFL news much.... why did the dolphins let him go after such a great year for them?

Didn’t they announce he’s missed 11 FGs this season?

He actually signed a free agent deal with Bears, not let go by Dolphins. 

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

The average make percentage has been 84% each of the last 5 years in the league.  He's been below that threshold three times in that span.  Add to that his history of missing some big kicks (Dolphins last year, Chicago now) and he'll be fighting like hell just to get a look next season.

2015 shouldn't really count as he was hurt. and for the Browns... if I was on their roster it would be an everyday struggle just to get out of bed. Which leaves just this season :) 

And I know I keep a bit of blinders on when it comes to AU players in the NFL.... speaking of which the espn article saying Cam might be done in the NFL was the worst piece of trash I've read in a loooooong time.

2 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

He actually signed a free agent deal with Bears, not let go by Dolphins. 

Yeah, he’s paid pretty well just to miss 11 FGs this season. 

4 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

2015 shouldn't really count as he was hurt. and for the Browns... if I was on their roster it would be an everyday struggle just to get out of bed. Which leaves just this season :) 

And I know I keep a bit of blinders on when it comes to AU players in the NFL.... speaking of which the espn article saying Cam might be done in the NFL was the worst piece of trash I've read in a loooooong time.

Yeah, I'm the opposite.  Blinders come off when its thr NFL.  My allegiance is to the Broncos, my fantasy players, and whichever teams I may have money on that week.  Probably the only AU fan you've ever heard of that was rooting for Cam to choke big time in the Super Bowl.

But basically, not sure you're truly grasping how cutthroat the league is now.  You can't miss kicks this often and stay employed when there are plenty of other guys out there who could do the job.  There's enough film on him now that if I was a GM, I wouldn't even give him a look.

Not sure which Cam article you're talking about though.

4 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

The Bears fans letting him have it: 

I can't blame them.  If he played for Denver and missed that kick, I'd be beyond furious right now.

3 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I can't blame them.  If he played for Denver and missed that kick, I'd be beyond furious right now.

Oh I know. I read your post to Mims and I’m actually the same way. 

At tbe bare minimum, the Vikings, Bears, and the Seahawks will need a kicker next year. Possibly Arizona and Pittsburgh too. 

58 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

At tbe bare minimum, the Vikings, Bears, and the Seahawks will need a kicker next year. Possibly Arizona and Pittsburgh too. 

to be fair  Cody is hitting around the same % he did in college. 

Archived