Feel so bad for Cody Parkey

AUght2win

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

It should be an automatic play. He makes millions and millions of dollars to do nothing but make that kick. 

Bottom line ^^^^^

11 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

I can't remember Carlson ever needing to hit a really clutch kick at AU.  Only thing that comes remotely to mind is 2016 LSU where he hit 6 FGs.

2015 vs Arkansas tied game with 4 seconds to send into overtime......but we lost in 4 OT's

5 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

After Parkey’s first made FG the game after he doinked his kick off the upright 4 times, the Bears fans sarcastically cheered Parkey on. The Bears don’t trust him and the tensions have been high whenever he has rob come into tbe game. With that said, they are booing because Parkey directly led the Bears to a loss instead of making the FG. 

We all know you have an ass, you don’t bave to show it.

It should be an automatic play. He makes millions and millions of dollars to do nothing but make that kick. 

Most diehard NFL fans are garbage who regularly get trashed and put their self worth into what millionaire athletes do on Sunday afternoons. Why do you think it's the only American sport with a fan violence problem? If you live in a major market city like I do you know the deal. If not, maybe you're one of 'em? At least with college football and other sports, there's a semblance of sanity from the fans (P.S. I am an NFL fan, but I can call a spade a spade).

And a kick is never an automatic play. A golfer's drive is never an automatic play. A buzzer-beater 3 is never an automatic play. They are chance plays. You don't bet your season on a chance play. Especially when your kicker is 3/3 on the day and due for a mistake. Asking the guy to score double the amount of points as your offense and also nail the game winner is doable but too much. If not for Cody, they wouldn't even be in the game.

1 minute ago, AUght2win said:

Most diehard NFL fans are garbage who regularly get trashed and put their self worth into what millionaire athletes do on Sunday afternoons.

You should’ve stopped there because I didn’t even entertain the thought of continue reading your post. 

War Eagle

Keep it on tbe green for me!

️ 

I love you man 

I really do.

😘

13 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

I can't remember Carlson ever needing to hit a really clutch kick at AU.  Only thing that comes remotely to mind is 2016 LSU where he hit 6 FGs.

The 2014 Outback bowl. We lost in OT after Carlson missed the FG.

1 hour ago, WFE12 said:

Wow. I guess that's nice for the stat line, but I'm not sure if it really gets Parkey off the hook, and I suspect that it won't with most Bears fans.. Parkey said he hit the kick he wanted, but the wind didn't hold it up like he thought it would. In other words, without knowing that Hester touched it, Parkey still thought he hit the kick he wanted. Point is, he started it too far left. 

All that granted, another inch to the right, and that ball probably goes in. 

23 hours ago, Barnacle said:

Wow. I guess that's nice for the stat line, but I'm not sure if it really gets Parkey off the hook, and I suspect that it won't with most Bears fans.. Parkey said he hit the kick he wanted, but the wind didn't hold it up like he thought it would. In other words, without knowing that Hester touched it, Parkey still thought he hit the kick he wanted. Point is, he started it too far left. 

If you look at this photo, and the video clip, it appears the ball is deflected slightly to the left. You are correct if it was untouched, it still would have been to the left, and if it were kicked true, it likely would have tolerated the slight deflection. However, a kicker is trying to guess about what the wind will do, so he might get the exact kick he wanted, but have incorrectly estimated the impact of the wind.

1 hour ago, meh130 said:

If you look at this photo, and the video clip, it appears the ball is deflected slightly to the left. You are correct if it was untouched, it still would have been to the left, and if it were kicked true, it likely would have tolerated the slight deflection. However, a kicker is trying to guess about what the wind will do, so he might get the exact kick he wanted, but have incorrectly estimated the impact of the wind.

That's exactly what I understood Parkey to say - he just miscalculated the wind.

On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 5:22 PM, Barnacle said:

Can blame it on Parkey  I guess but who on the line is responsible for keeping big 90 and guy behind him out of Parkey's face for about a second so he can get the ball off.    Kicker gets the blame but the OL did not do the job ...JMO.

2 hours ago, Barnacle said:

That's exactly what I understood Parkey to say - he just miscalculated the wind.

I guess he could have concluded that he misjudged the wind because of the result...without knowing that a defender got enough of a tip on it to change the spin on the ball.     He might have hit it perfectly if no one touches the ball....we will never know.

Great pieced posted by link above about how Parkey handled the situation....gracefully.    

Heck if the Bear defense just stopped them from scoring on 4th down, no FG needed.  No excuse on Parkey, but just saying others should have stepped up as well. 

45 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I guess he could have concluded that he misjudged the wind because of the result...without knowing that a defender got enough of a tip on it to change the spin on the ball.     He might have hit it perfectly if no one touches the ball....we will never know.

Great pieced posted by link above about how Parkey handled the situation....gracefully.    

I took it to mean the ball was on the line he intended it to be on, but who knows.

Parkey speaking out is no big deal but Nagy is going to use this to justify cutting him if he needed any justification to begin with already.

The idea that Parkey was in tbe wrong though is ludicrous. I didn’t hear the Bears “lose as a team” when it was Parkey getting boo’d off tbe field. The coach is actually doing what he’s scolding Parkey for doing. 

Nevertheless,

https://awfulannouncing.com/nfl/the-cody-parkey-redemption-narrative-is-a-bit-much.html

This link pretty much tells it like it is: Parkey was paid too much for his performance. He was also paid too much to leave the Bears fans squirming in their seats whenever he was called upon during tbe games after he missed those four kicks. 

Archived