Project Brimingham

Texan4Auburn

A secret effort to influence the 2017 Senate election in Alabama used tactics inspired by Russian disinformation teams, including the creation of fake accounts to deliver misleading messages on Facebook to hundreds of thousands of voters to help elect Democrat Doug Jones in the deeply red state, according to a document obtained by The Washington Post.

https://www.al.com/news/2019/01/democrats-distance-themselves-from-russian-inspired-tactics-used-in-alabama-senate-race.html

I don't know what to laugh at or cry about with this.

That the Democrats decided to use Russian tactics after crying about them so much.

That Russian tactics had to be used to defeat Ray Moore (sorry Moore fans) at all.

That Facebook ad's have that much influence over decisions made by Americans.

So as a man of my word..... if a fake Russian (again fake... not even real... but imposter Russians) Facebook ad made you vote for a Democrat and you're upset.............LOL YOU LET A FACEBOOK AD DETERMINE YOUR VOTE!

8 hours ago, Texan4Auburn said:

https://www.al.com/news/2019/01/democrats-distance-themselves-from-russian-inspired-tactics-used-in-alabama-senate-race.html

I don't know what to laugh at or cry about with this.

That the Democrats decided to use Russian tactics after crying about them so much.

That Russian tactics had to be used to defeat Ray Moore (sorry Moore fans) at all.

That Facebook ad's have that much influence over decisions made by Americans.

So as a man of my word..... if a fake Russian (again fake... not even real... but imposter Russians) Facebook ad made you vote for a Democrat and you're upset.............LOL YOU LET A FACEBOOK AD DETERMINE YOUR VOTE!

The answer is both at all of the above.  Sad state of affairs man.

I have Facebook friends who couldn’t  name both senators in this state. They literally don’t know that each state has exactly two senators. Most of our voting public are morons. They see posts and not only don’t research the validity. They don’t even read the linked article. The headline is captivating and they are hooked. Then they post comments further showing this ignorance. This is how trump got elected. Every thing the bastard said is either incorrect or flat out dishonest. But it punches the right buttons. So it’s a problem but I’m not sure it’s illegal or even unethical. It’s a really big problem when the effort comes from another country who is a strategic adversary to all of us regardless of party. 

On 1/13/2019 at 11:28 AM, alexava said:

I have Facebook friends who couldn’t  name both senators in this state. They literally don’t know that each state has exactly two senators. Most of our voting public are morons. They see posts and not only don’t research the validity. They don’t even read the linked article. The headline is captivating and they are hooked. Then they post comments further showing this ignorance. This is how trump got elected. Every thing the bastard said is either incorrect or flat out dishonest. But it punches the right buttons. So it’s a problem but I’m not sure it’s illegal or even unethical. It’s a really big problem when the effort comes from another country who is a strategic adversary to all of us regardless of party. 

I agree with all of this. Just don't kid yourself into thinking that there are an equal number of ignorant Facebook users who  voted for Mrs. Clinton. The answer should be to educate Americans, not try to force people to tell the truth. But Americans don't want to be educated.

44 minutes ago, Grumps said:

I agree with all of this. Just don't kid yourself into thinking that there are an equal number of ignorant Facebook users who  voted for Mrs. Clinton. The answer should be to educate Americans, not try to force people to tell the truth. But Americans don't want to be educated.

I don’t have any stats but I live in Alabama. There are exponentially more idiots on the trump side. 

2 hours ago, alexava said:

I don’t have any stats but I live in Alabama. There are exponentially more idiots on the trump side. 

Again I agree with you. In Alabama there are far for ignorant people who voted for Trump than for Mrs. Clinton.

Archived