2019 3* LB Christopher Russell

ellitor

Had a couple of big ratings bumps recently& more are expected
AU, Vols, Arky, & Texas A&M appear to stand out & all 4 have OVs with him in January
AU OV is Jan. 18th

• ellitor changed the title to 2019 3* LB Christopher Russell

Violent tackler with speed, I like it. I like the type of LB's Auburn is going after. Gotta have speed in today's game. I hope Auburn can pull at least one of these LB's they're going after. 

12 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

We need a Christopher Robin type LB damn it......................

And a Winnie the Pooh DT

1 minute ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

People say that the Brothers kid is the Zac clone. 

Yeah. I had posted that tidbit in the wrong thread.

Decent size and speed. Wouldn't mind picking him up at all.

11 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

People say that the Brothers kid is the Zac clone. 

You remember when Cunningham jumped the center and blocked the field goal at AU . I got a little nervous after that

On 1/8/2019 at 8:10 PM, Sizzle said:

Violent tackler with speed, I like it. I like the type of LB's Auburn is going after. Gotta have speed in today's game. I hope Auburn can pull at least one of these LB's they're going after. 

Linebackers we are going after are just a little undersized but they’re quick, have good closing speed on ball carriers, and hit like a truck. (Reminds me of another AU linebacker from the 2000’s that spends gamedays on the sideline for us....) 

48 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

They really aren't undersized....The days of the 6'3-6'5 250 LBs are really past us.....yes there are exceptions but average size of D1 college LBS is 6'1 223 Lbs....https://www.ncsasports.org/football/recruiting-guidelines

You do realize that link you are posting in the LB threads doesn't show the differences between P5 & G5 schools right. There is likely a good bit of difference between the 2. While our LBs aren't undersized when you use the pool of the entire 130 teams in the FBS they have been undersized some compared to our competitors & rivals like Bama, UGA, & LSU.

26 minutes ago, ellitor said:

You do realize that link you are posting in the LB threads doesn't show the differences between P5 & G5 schools right. There is likely a good bit of difference between the 2. While our LBs aren't undersized when you use the pool of the entire 130 teams in the FBS they have been undersized some compared to our competitors & rivals like Bama, UGA, & LSU.

Does LSU run a 3-4, too? I think that's part of why bama has gotten such big LBs and uga is headed that way now, but I could be wrong. 

Regardless, Deshaun Davis actually had to trim some weight last offseason to get down around 235. Wooten, McBryde and Williams are all over 230 with Williams coming in at 240. We're not "big" at the position, but I don't think we're "undersized" either.

Just thinking out loud on the last part, E. Not really responding to and certainly not disagreeing with anything you've said. 

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Does LSU run a 3-4, too? I think that's part of why bama has gotten such big LBs and uga is headed that way now, but I could be wrong. 

Regardless, Deshaun Davis actually had to trim some weight last offseason to get down around 235. Wooten, McBryde and Williams are all over 230 with Williams coming in at 240. We're not "big" at the position, but I don't think we're "undersized" either.

Just thinking out loud on the last part, E. Not really responding to and certainly not disagreeing with anything you've said. 

We are talking about two sides of the same coin I think. You’re talking mass and I was focusing on height. For what it’s worth I looked at all the four-star or better linebackers in this year’s class. There were only a few at 6 foot. And not many more at 6 foot one. Most  were 6 foot two or taller FWIW.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

We are talking about two sides of the same coin I think. You’re talking mess and I was focusing on height. For what it’s worth I looked at all the four-star or better linebackers in this year’s class. There were only a few at 6 foot. And not many more at 6 foot one. Most  were 6 foot two or taller FWIW.

Ahh, good point about height. For whatever reason I never think about it unless it's a QB, pass catcher or OT. I'm ignant. 

8 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Ahh, good point about height. For whatever reason I never think about it unless it's a QB, pass catcher or OT. I'm ignant. 

I’m not hung up on height or anything. Just think of the physics of it though. If a linebacker is shorter  he has to make up for the advantages other linebackers have in length by either be faster or having elite instincts to be able to get himself in a position to make as many plays as possible.

34 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I’m not hung up on height or anything. Just think of the physics of it though. If a linebacker is shorter  he has to make up for the advantages other linebackers have in length by either be faster or having elite instincts to be able to get himself in a position to make as many plays as possible.

For sure. Wouldn't be surprised if there is a meaningful advantage to better sight lines, too.

49 minutes ago, ellitor said:

. You’re talking mess

You gonna take that Loof? :)

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

Yes I understand that. Also though you have to factor in what kind of system they are playing in. And someone posted about the recruiting website only hving a few recruits listed under 6'2....we also have to remember that very seldom are the stats correct on there. Im just saying....3 of the top 15 OLB recruits in the country are listed at pretty much same size as him......6'0 228 is not really undersized JMO.....now we wouldnt want him lined up at Buck LB or anything like that but in our defense that could be prime D. Davis role 

Archived