Way too early top 25.

WarDamnEagleWDE

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Play 6 of the top 12... awesome!

UA, UGA, UF, TAMU, LSU, ORE

With this schedule I don’t see how we are ranked in the top 25, but that’s why we play the games.

2 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

With this schedule I don’t see how we are ranked in the top 25, but that’s why we play the games.

And only two of them are home games. Ouch!

1 minute ago, keesler said:

HA!

Auburn plays 6 of the preseason top 25

LSU & aTm play 5 of them

FLA & Tennessee play 4

UAT plays 3

Mizzou plays 2

Check USCe’s schedule

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Play 6 of the top 12... awesome!

UA, UGA, UF, TAMU, LSU, ORE

...and four of them on the road. (or far away neutral site)

I bet the pollsters have no fing idea what to do with AU.....haha leave us unranked and look like and idiot. Rank us high and look like an idiot. So fringe top 25 team sounds about right 

Even if Auburn opened with a cupcake they’d still face 5 just by luck of the draw.  Personally I’m excited about the road trip to the swamp.  That’s the loudest stadium I’ve personally ever been in.

Dan Mullen is about to have FL rolling and able to challenge uga for the east. But AU has always been their achilles heel so hopefully we can go in their and steal another one from them

I like the low expectations, we seem to like being the underdog and play with a chip on our shoulders. War Eagle 

23 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

I like the low expectations, we seem to like being the underdog and play with a chip on our shoulders. War Eagle 

Well, I respectively disagree. There is going to have to be a point in time where we take that next step and shoulder expectations. Dabo spoke to this last night in regards to Clemson’s journey.

I think Fla is ranked to high. They are losing most of their O-line but other than that it is reasonable for this time of the year. Reality is that it takes 4 or 5 games before the ranking have any meaning.  What is scary is so many in the SEC seem pretty solid including a few from the East this year which will make it tough for all but bama as somehow they only play 3 of the top teams.  

It will be interesting to see if the Clemson beat down will effect bama next year, confidence is very important in football and also with the beat down maybe other teams won't go into the game thinking they are unbeatable. 

So. What is the required record for Gus to stay? I ask that because the news of the past few days gives off vibes of a the classic Auburn setup for a magical season. But, the schedule. Wish we had drawn Florida in 2017. See that long post I made yesterday in the "Tega returning" thread (page 2) for how complicated our situation truly is.

Big shout out to finally not playing a top-6 out of conference opponent.

Big eff you to picking up a top-12 OoC and another top-10 inter-divisional opponent instead.

GMAFB

56 minutes ago, DAG said:

Well, I respectively disagree. There is going to have to be a point in time where we take that next step and shoulder expectations. Dabo spoke to this last night in regards to Clemson’s journey.

I get your point. Its possible but not easy to get to the consistancy of Clemson, Bama. First step underdog/ exceeding expectations, second stepping up to elite and third in maintaining greatness. How long before Dabo made Clemson relevant?  He has been head coach since 2009. 

9 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

I get your point. Its possible but not easy to get to the consistancy of Clemson, Bama. First step underdog/ exceeding expectations, second stepping up to elite and third in maintaining greatness. How long before Dabo made Clemson relevant?  He has been head coach since 2009. 

I would argue in 2011 when they had their first 10 win season under his watch. Since that season, Clemson has never had less than a 10 win season. So his fourth year of being the HC at Clemson. Granted they gave up 70 points in their bowl game, but they ended up first in their division and appeared in their first major bowl game since 1981.

How does Bama get away with weaker schedules and skate into the playoffs while we run a freaking brutish schedule and get ridiculed when we lose?

Oh well, Bama got slapped down last night and it was sweet to see even if it will have the ACC crowing that they're better than the SEC for the next 8 months.

1 hour ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I think Fla is ranked to high. They are losing most of their O-line but other than that it is reasonable for this time of the year. Reality is that it takes 4 or 5 games before the ranking have any meaning.  What is scary is so many in the SEC seem pretty solid including a few from the East this year which will make it tough for all but bama as somehow they only play 3 of the top teams.  

It will be interesting to see if the Clemson beat down will effect bama next year, confidence is very important in football and also with the beat down maybe other teams won't go into the game thinking they are unbeatable. 

I highly doubt it will have that much of an affect on Bama with Saban leading the way. It actually might wake up a sleeping giant . Sometimes humble pie is in order . Q. Williams kind of threw his teammates under the bus, but pretty much said preparation among some of the guys were different than in years past. 

4 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

#23 at this point but if one of the QBs make great strides during spring and we have a starter leaving A-day then watch us climb that top 25 by preseason.

2 hours ago, gravejd said:

Dan Mullen is about to have FL rolling and able to challenge uga for the east. But AU has always been their achilles heel so hopefully we can go in their and steal another one from them

I don't want to steal one, rather, I want a dominating performance all year long.

Archived